Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Ruger SR-762 review...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Purchased a Ruger SR-762 through Red Dot Arms. Great, fast transaction. Took it to McMillers twice now. Have put about 200 rds through it. Great shooting rifle. Mild recoil, runs very cool, and of course clean for a piston AR-10 type. The Pmags (3) that come with it are great. I shot decent groups (sub 3") with iron sights at 200 yds. I had one misfire, on the first round, but it turned out to be an ammo problem. But once I removed that round, the rest cycled cleanly. The Primer was hit, but the round didn't go off. Only thing I might do is replace the trigger.

The rifle is a sure keeper. The fold down iron sights it comes with are really good. Cleaning it has been a breeze. Thumbs up
That's awesome! Glad to hear it is working well for you! Are you considering optic type yet?
its really good to hear that it is an acceptable rifle. we have been getting a few orders and transfers in for this one and no one has let me know what they think of them sad im entertaining the idea for myself.
Didn't you have Tim put optics on it? or was that on your colt?
I am not going to mount an optic on this. The iron sights work great. The gun is surprisingly light, even with a bipod and sling. It is a great AR10 type .308.

Mike, Tim put the optics on the DPMS LR308 Lite... I should do a review on that rifle too. It's a tack driver, although I have barely broke it in. I usually follow all break in recommendations, but this one is pain. The 24" barrel and the fancy optic make 600 yard shots on target fairly easy.
Oh! Good deal!
Well MMR226, if you'd like to meet up at McMiller sometime, I'll be happy to let you put a magazine through it. There is nothing like a test firing to help that decision along. The rifle is very light for a .308 and being a piston, the bolt runs cool and stays clean. It uses the same Magpul LR/SR-308 mags as DPMS, which is another really good thing!
Thanks for the review BelieveIn308 Thumbs up

I'll add this to the options for my 308 search.
Of course the same offer holds for you too Rodney, just arrange a time, and I'll be glad to let you try her out...
(10-19-2014, 10:26 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: [ -> ]Of course the same offer holds for you too Rodney, just arrange a time, and I'll be glad to let you try her out...

Thank you BelieveIn308. Thumbs up
I never had a problem with any Ruger firearm I've owned or shot. In fact I don't know anyone who has.
I love all my Ruger's! Big GrinLove
(10-24-2014, 06:22 PM)Brian S Wrote: [ -> ]I never had a problem with any Ruger firearm I've owned or shot. In fact I don't know anyone who has.

Hello, glad to meet you Brian. The LC9 sucked.
Yes, the LC9 is not the best. Try the LC9S, a huge improvement, Way better trigger, striker fired, and much less recoil (how they managed that, I don't know). Not 'snappy' and comfortable to shoot compared to the LC9.

Ruger is not perfect, but they generally make reliable products with some safety features some just hate. Or take down issues (Mk III 22LR comes to mind).

But they do grow on you.
I do have a Blackhawk I love and I've been eyeing up the Vaquero at RDA.
What is the retail price of the Sig Sauer .308 rifle at RDA? Does Red Dot Arms discount to Army vets? I want a good to excellent Optic out to about 600-800 yards wit a Green/Red dot optic offset for close encounter defense; recommendations? I'm in the Eagle, ID area. "Sky Soldier"
Pics??
RDA shows the SIG rifle at $1900.... The Ruger was $1650 out the door. The Ruger uses the standard SR/LR308 Pmags (20 and 25 round) and comes with 3 of them. They are normally around $21 here. Comes with really good flip up sights. If you are going to be shooting out to 800 yards, I'd recommend looking at a Vortex Viper PST (6-24x50FFP EBR-1 (MRAD)) scope. It can handle the recoil of .308 semi-auto's bolt slamming back. And you will learn to love FFP scopes. It's not cheap however, usually between 780-900. But with any semi-automatic the scope has to be much more rugged than a bolt scope.
(03-24-2015, 09:20 PM)XdEric Wrote: [ -> ]Pics??

http://s25.postimg.org/xl8f8x07z/DSCN0069.jpg
Nice!
Pages: 1 2