Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Remora
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone have one? If so, what are your thoughts? I just ordered one for a Glock 19 last week.
I just finished watching the video on it and i like it. I currently use
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/191814/...uctFinding
Never seen these before but have seen others like it. Might look into one for my LC9S.
Wow, after looking at these I may need to buy one for my 42. My current bulldog works great but I could always use another.
Got it and like it, will order one for my Shield
What do you like about it? Want to order one but I have yet to do my normal research on it.
I've been carrying in a Remora since last may. I love it. Set the position and cant where ever you want on the fly. I have several other more expensive holsters (everything from Alien Gear to Milt Sparks), but the Remora works better for me. If you ever have to disarm to enter a GFZ, just slide the holstered gun out. I like not having to unholster/reholster in the car. Even putting the gun to sleep at night, the whole package comes out and goes into its drawer. The only time I remove the gun from the holster is for it's weekly cleaning.

For the price, if you are considering it at all, I would go for it. They usually have a promotion going where you also get a free mag holder with purchase.

Hope that helps. Smile
(02-22-2015, 05:14 PM)Karl B Wrote: [ -> ]I've been carrying in a Remora since last may. I love it. Set the position and cant where ever you want on the fly. I have several other more expensive holsters (everything from Alien Gear to Milt Sparks), but the Remora works better for me. If you ever have to disarm to enter a GFZ, just slide the holstered gun out. I like not having to unholster/reholster in the car. Even putting the gun to sleep at night, the whole package comes out and goes into its drawer. The only time I remove the gun from the holster is for it's weekly cleaning.

For the price, if you are considering it at all, I would go for it. They usually have a promotion going where you also get a free mag holder with purchase.

Hope that helps. Smile

Thumbup
I'll be looking into getting over if these as well... Anybody order with the modifications on it? Or just the standard holster?
(02-23-2015, 08:47 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll be looking into getting over if these as well... Anybody order with the modifications on it? Or just the standard holster?

Mine has the optional sweat shield, so the only part of the gun that touches my body is the grip.

Also keep in mind that unless you get one with the reinforced mouth, you pretty much need to remove the holster to reholster after drawing. It's not a big concern for me, but might be for others.

That reminds me. I need to get a set of stainless grip screws...

[Image: right_zps3dlr68o4.jpg]

[Image: left_zpsriipnfdh.jpg]
Any plans of RDA selling them?
Not sure at this time. Running out of room right now.
I just ordered one to give it a shot for my XDm. I should have grabbed the shoulder rig from them and the leather owb holster I've been wanting from RDA, but I'll do that for round two.. Lol

Did any of you guys that own one do the custom fit with the hair drier?
(02-25-2015, 09:59 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: [ -> ]Did any of you guys that own one do the custom fit with the hair drier?

I didn't need to. As long as the gun fits nicely, the holster pretty much forms itself under normal use.
I'd love someone to show me one if they're ever in the shop.
(03-02-2015, 08:30 PM)mikereddot Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love someone to show me one if they're ever in the shop.

I drive by the shop twice a day. When are you normally there?
Look for my Durango with the Red Dot Arms Logo....
Will do. I'll be carrying in it. I hope that's not a problem. ;)
(03-02-2015, 08:30 PM)mikereddot Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love someone to show me one if they're ever in the shop.

I stopped by the shop Friday after work, but you were playing hooky. David is ordering some grip screws for me, so hopefully you'll be there when I pick them up.
yeah, i was feeling under the weather Friday.
Pages: 1 2