Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: favorite action
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do you have a prefference break action, pump sa? Currently I am in the sa camp. Super quick follow ups the ability to carrier more shells. Reduced recoil is nice if you are shooting a few boxes. I took a pump out to shoot clays. Working the action in a timely manner wasn't an issue but it moves the gun in you. Break actions are nice especially on a day like today. When you can break the action pull the shell out instead if hunting in a snow bank fir them.
Your question is a "loaded" question. The purpose of the firearm will dictate what would best fit your needs. It's like asking, what's the best type of shoe.
Clearly Red Wing Boots are the best... and so far I enjoy my pump, but that's all that I have so I'm going to have to go with that.. but I would like to get an Semi Auto at some point!
For clays and upland hunting there could be a case for a sa or ba. And for waterfowl pump or sa. Or to break it down further sometimes there is that intangible of odd prefference. Until I bought a semi. I shot a 20 gauge sxs. Not the best sight picture, and a smaller load. But there was something about it that was cool. I wanted to get a new ou in the future. But I am trying to get the wife into shooting so I will probably end up with a 20g semi
I guess I am old school, but for me the best action is still Bruce Lee, specifically "Enter the Dragon".
Well for clays, i'd have to go with the over/under as your best choice. I'm a pump guy. Very versatile and durable.