Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: DC Police Employee on Concealed Carry: Prove you need it
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
H/T LincolnReport.com

http://lincolnreport.com/archives/344984
“You need to meet two criteria,” Agurs explained. “First that your life is in danger, your family or your property, or you have the type of business you carry large sums of money, jewelry. Under those circumstances, you can get a carry permit in DC.”
“To prove my life is in danger?” I asked. “Obviously there is a rising crime rate and a high rate of murders and sexual assaults in D.C. — is that enough to say I want this for self-defense?”
“You have to prove you need concealed carry as opposed to just wanting one,” he replied.
Prove a need for a constitutional right? That’s what D.C.’s new law says.
The application that Agurs gave me said that living and working in a high crime city is not enough to get a carry permit. I read further down where it says that it has to be “a special danger to your life.”
What’s the difference between a regular danger — like getting raped and murdered on the street — and a special danger? You have to prove you are being targeted.
“Do I have to give evidence?” I asked.
“Yes ma’am,” said Agurs.
“I was a victim of a home invasion. And I’ve gotten a threat against me. Do I just give the police records?” I asked.
“Yes, ma’am,” he said.
Rediculous.
Do we need to install the same requirements for Voting, Abortion, Free Speech, Privacy, etc?

Perhaps a 3 day waiting period if you plan to vote democrat to reconsider? Maybe a 3 day waiting period for an Abortion?

How about no need to show ID to buy a gun? After all the democrats insist we shouldn't have too to vote?

These are just more of the same old democrat party methods to deny our Second Amendment rights.
Senior Maryland ex-state trooper claims O’Malley administration silenced him on gun control law
Maryland Gun Laws