Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Illinois: Senate Passes Legislation that will Close Gun Stores
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
WOW. That's All I can say.
The best part is that Springfield Armory and Rock Island Armory both supported the legislation. This has led Robski, who is an Illinois resident, to call for a boycott of both brands on his YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsoj4kL0jQQ
I accidentally misidentified Rock River as Rock Island. To clarify Rock River are the villains here and not Rock Island.
I've already sent a note to my IL rep. Crazy people.
I believe Springfield sent a retraction of their support.
Yea.....I was looking in the email that prompted me to contact my rep and now can't seem to find anything except a Springfield Armory/NRA email:

Dear Steve,
As an Illinois resident we need your help to save local firearm dealers.
The Illinois House of Representatives may consider Senate Bill 1657, legislation that could put your local gun dealer out of business, at any time!
It is imperative that you contact your state Representative IMMEDIATELY and strongly urge them to OPPOSE SB 1657!

SB 1657 would create onerous mandatory regulations, fees potentially in the thousands of dollars and excessive amounts of red tape that would almost assuredly force the closure of many firearm dealers, and prevent prospective owners from opening new ones. The federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) already licenses and closely monitors all federally licensed firearm dealers (FFLs) and strictly enforces any violation of federal law.
SB 1657 goes far beyond federal law and is designed to shut down as many FFLs as possible.

Again, please click the “Take Action” button above to contact your state Representative and urge them to strongly oppose SB 1657! Stay tuned to www.nraila.org for further updates on this bill.

Talk about confusing. Do they support this bill or not?! They're shooting their own foot here in IL if so. Anyone wanna buy my XD-M?? ;)
Here's a video that has at 3:04 a copy of what I saw:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBvNUEUTXhs

A little late in my opinion.
Here's the thing with this, while both Springfield and Rock River are backpedaling, the IFMA (Illinois Firearms Manufacturers Association) is those two companies. Its assets consist of a bank account and a P.O. Box. The IFMA has not said that they are pulling their support. This is one of those watch what the right hand is doing and ignore the left hand, as it picks your pocket, situations. Regardless of what their statements on the matter may say, Springfield and RRA support this bill through the IFMA, which is their joint lobbying organization.

I also wouldn't sell any firearms that you may already have from these companies, if you enjoy shooting them. They already got their money from you and you'd only be hurting yourself by selling it. Keep the ones you have but don't buy anymore. This sucks because I was really liking what I have seen of the XD-E.