Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Contest Glock Range Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here are the targets from my first shoot. The top row is 5 yards and the bottom is 7.

From left to right is the XDM 5.5 inch, the Glock 17 contest gun, and then my 1911 Springfield.

The Glock is lighter than either of the other two and the muzzle flip was noticeably different. The Glock had no flip at all. In fact, it was noticeably less than any gun I have ever shot. Kudos to the smith who did the work.

One note, I shot only using the iron sites. The red dot was on the gun, but I did not use it.

I have to admit she is sweet shooter. As you can tell from the targets, I shot it best, and that says a lot since this was the first time.

[Image: 5Yards_zps2wb6dbyi.png]

[Image: 7Yards_zpsy2xuvzd8.png]
Very Nice! Good job trying it against some of your other pistols. I doubt I would have thought of that. Puts it in a bit more perspective.

You should do another range day and compare Iron Sights Vs. Red Dot!
I think all three pistols are sweet! How did you think that Glock handled? What were you impressions of it?
Nice shooting. All three did well and the Glock performed as it should. Next test....same set up but use a stock Glock and see if you hold the same pattern.
Try putting more trigger finger on the XDM at 7 yards.
Nice shooting with all three! I may need to get a quote for some work on one of my G-17's

Sent from a tool that you don't want to be at the receiving end of....
Hmm! Interesting....