Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Training and other logs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After taking the IL CCW Part II class and being in the current Part III class I've heard Robb talk about how we should have a training log and other logs like rounds fired. I created some templates based on a limited number of examples I could find online and I'm looking to get your feedback. The firearms and ammo sheet will be in a binder with other info like manuals, etc. The training log will go in a separate binder with my certificates and other training related items.

I have it in OpenOffice Spreadsheet format which the forum won't accept so I converted it to Excel but it may not be perfect aligned anymore.
Both are good ideas. Have you looked to see if there are any apps as well? I have one for skeet. So I can plug in the results right there and than. Which is helpful instead of trying to remember when I get home. I didn't look at your doc since I don't believe my tablet will support it.
I did but I didn't find anything that thrilled me. I only bring what I'm going to shoot so remembering what I shot isn't an issue plus lately I've been taking notes as I shoot.
Another thing that helps is take pictures of your targets after shooting with your cell phone. I upload them and place on the date gun caliber. Helps keep track of groupings
I do like to do both of those... I have a binder with my training certificates, and some lined paper that keep track of rounds I shoot, the date, and any notes that I have it off I was trying to do something specific. But I like the training log sheet that we got from the class. I didn't make any notes in it until I got home and scanned it in to make some more