Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: German Airlines
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You've all heard the latest on how the co-pilot crashed the plane on purpose. Today the news says he fought depression and hid it from his employers.

Hmmm....you'd figure the doctor should have some minute responsibility to flag someone at the airline. I know, when it comes to doctor/patient confidentiality, that should be sacred. But.....when it involves my life or 150 others, I think there has to be some exceptions.

Airline travel is still very safe, but something about crashing in a plane is more scary than me getting broad-sided by a dump truck. Wierd.
doctor/patient confidentiality does not apply when someone say they will do harm to themselves or others. They probably do not evaluate pilots because they have always been above everyone else...Look how that turned out
Yeah they should probably have a monthly exam/psyc visit just to keep an eye on them. And if they do that already, them I hope it gets refined. But at the same time, so far this hasn't been a common occurrence so I've been trying not to think too harshly on any of it.

I heard European airlines are now going to do the same as the US flights where there's always at least two prior in the cockpit. If one of the pilots step out, a flight attendant steps in. That's just what my boss was saying the other day but it made sense

Also, if it hadn't been for them reinforcing the doors on the plane because of 9-11, the pilot could have gotten back in and stopped it.... Can't win either way you go