Red Dot Arms Forum

Full Version: Background checks in Oregon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just bought another AR Aero lower. The control number that was issued was some where around 56,000. Not bad for sales in the State of Oregon for the first quarter of 2015.
That for the year?
That would be crazy if it's for the year. I've been wanting to move out there. My friend moved there and loves it so far
(03-30-2015, 08:05 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: [ -> ]That would be crazy if it's for the year. I've been wanting to move out there. My friend moved there and loves it so far

Thats only for the first Qtr of 2015. Our DUMBA$$ Dems are trying REAL HARD right now to push through (Dems are in control this session thanks to the Portland area) Background checks on private sales. We are fighting it hard. Nice thing is we do have some Dems that use common sense (how rare) and they don't act like of bunch of little scared children. Plus they do like their guns.

I spoke to a friend the other day and the control number was already pushing 65k. Remember that number only represents a background check. We figure that each check represents about 2 units per control number. When I am at a store and I walk by to see whats going on with sales, all of the guys/gals behind the counter tell me that it is general more than one unit per control number and sometimes its up to 9 units per control number.
(03-30-2015, 09:22 AM)bradberry Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2015, 08:05 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: [ -> ]That would be crazy if it's for the year. I've been wanting to move out there. My friend moved there and loves it so far

Thats only for the first Qtr of 2015. Our DUMBA$$ Dems are trying REAL HARD right now to push through (Dems are in control this session thanks to the Portland area) Background checks on private sales. We are fighting it hard. Nice thing is we do have some Dems that use common sense (how rare) and they don't act like of bunch of little scared children. Plus they do like their guns.

I spoke to a friend the other day and the control number was already pushing 65k. Remember that number only represents a background check. We figure that each check represents about 2 units per control number. When I am at a store and I walk by to see whats going on with sales, all of the guys/gals behind the counter tell me that it is general more than one unit per control number and sometimes its up to 9 units per control number.

The same rules should apply to Abortions, Religion, Free Speech and Voting... There is a state legislator from Ohio that routinely proposes a change to all anti-gun laws in his state to include these four items... After all, if you want to limit CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHTS, treat them equally and limit them ALL.
Wouldn't that be funny....24 day wait if one race and 72 days if a different race.....or whatever was picked.....i love the idea
Today is the vote. Lets just hope the people of Oregon have been slamming those phone lines and emails.
(04-06-2015, 09:18 AM)bradberry Wrote: [ -> ]Today is the vote. Lets just hope the people of Oregon have been slamming those phone lines and emails.

So, how did it work out?
(04-07-2015, 12:08 AM)mikereddot Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-06-2015, 09:18 AM)bradberry Wrote: [ -> ]Today is the vote. Lets just hope the people of Oregon have been slamming those phone lines and emails.

So, how did it work out?

At this point it slowed down a little but the two dems passed it out of committee on a party line vote and now it goes to the House. We still have some time. I have been hitting the emails hard and broadcasting the updates and telling people to get the emails and phones calls in via three gun groups on Facebook. We have already had two county sheriffs come forward and tell Salem that they will not be enforcing this anti constitution bill if it passes. Apparently we have about twenty more county sheriffs that are ready to also speak up. I hate this crap...just leave us alone!
(04-07-2015, 08:43 AM)bradberry Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-07-2015, 12:08 AM)mikereddot Wrote: [ -> ]

So, how did it work out?

At this point it slowed down a little but the two dems passed it out of committee on a party line vote and now it goes to the House. We still have some time. I have been hitting the emails hard and broadcasting the updates and telling people to get the emails and phones calls in via three gun groups on Facebook. We have already had two county sheriffs come forward and tell Salem that they will not be enforcing this anti constitution bill if it passes. Apparently we have about twenty more county sheriffs that are ready to also speak up. I hate this crap...just leave us alone!

Tell me what to put on twitter for you and I will....got over 23K followers.
I just wish I could FLOOD the Oregon House and Senate with phone calls and emails from all over the US just as Bloomberg has done by bringing outside money into Oregon. I keep posting on FB to tell the peoople of Oregon to call and email. There is a prepared letter that can be emailed by usings OFF's site: http://www.oregonfirearms.org/no-expande...und-checks All they do is enter name, address (not needed) and email then select the members then hit submit. I am just getting...............Devil by the second. These commie $OB's just don't care and since the Left is in control this session political payback seems to be their game.
Well the Dems (of Oregon) did it. They passed SB 941. So now if you follow the legal path to loan your family or friend a gun of any type or if you leave it at their house while on a trip, you must first take your weapon to an FFl to run the required background checks on both parties. Then you get to do it all over again to get your weapon back. There is a "I shall not comply" movement starting and at least 4 of the Dems have already had recall petitions started against them.
The same 'background' checks should apply to those wishing to VOTE, and for an Abortion, etc... Since when do you need a government OK to exercise a Constitutional Right? Especially one where the Constitution states clearly "Shall not be infringed"...
I agree
I wouldn't even think about complying.

If civil disobedience is good enough for Dr. King, it's good enough for me.
(05-06-2015, 09:03 AM)Dutz Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't even think about complying.

It's the Saul Alinsky way. Good enough for the left, should be good enough for supporters of the 2nd Amendment.
(05-06-2015, 10:46 AM)mikereddot Wrote: [ -> ]

It's the Saul Alinsky way. Good enough for the left, should be good enough for supporters of the 2nd Amendment.

Article in our local newspaper stated that the sheriffs office said the law is pretty much non enforceable and it will be liie other bad laws and be placed low on the priority list.

I already told my wife that i will not comply.

I already told my wife that i will not comply.
From what I've seen, the % of folks that registered their firearms in Connecticut is very low. Smile It's sad when lawful folk have to break laws to be in sync with the constitution.
Pages: 1 2