Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cheddite vs fiocchi
02-10-2015, 12:37 AM,
cheddite vs fiocchi
Threads: 54
Is there a perk to one or the other. I have a bunch if fiochis, however the formulas I like are for cheddite. The only concern I have about the cheddite is that they would be un crimped and I don't know if the load all is good at starting crimps.
Find
02-10-2015, 09:27 AM,
RE: cheddite vs fiocchi
Threads: 10
I like both Cheddite and Fiocchi. Both are straight cases and you are probably aware that Ballistic Products has a dedicated Cheddite load manual. Starting crimps is not good on a load all, its just not deep enough and you wont be happy. I tried it with some multi hulls just to see and it was not good. I dont see a way to put the crown crimp starter on a load all either unless you want to destroy the mount for the regular starter. A thought to do the starting is to use a drill press with a 2x4 case jig holding the hull centered under the crown starter. Then you could just lower and raise the crown starter held in the chuck as a press to start the crimp...

In terms of case life, I think it's a dead heat. The low brass fiocchi and Cheddite both last longer than AA by far..

In terms of case life, I think it's a dead heat. The low brass fiocchi and Cheddite both last longer than AA by far..
Website Find
02-11-2015, 06:25 PM,
RE: cheddite vs fiocchi
Threads: 54
Thank you for the heads up so far I'm not too crazy about the double A's they seem to not hold up as well as I've heard I think I'm gonna put an order through to get some fiocchi primers and I'm looking forward to loading that in 12 and 16. Right now the 16 I have is older so I am trying to run lighter loads. Hopefully I will have enough for a bps soon so I can use some hotter loads. I wonder why lee has looked into making a crimper. I see some antique 16 crimpers but I have no idea if they would work
Find