• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First year of concealed carry passes quietly in Lake County
02-03-2015, 11:14 AM,
First year of concealed carry passes quietly in Lake County
Threads: 13
This is good news.Thumbup
http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/la...story.html
Find
02-03-2015, 12:00 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-03-2015, 12:00 PM by Dutz.)
RE: First year of concealed carry passes quietly in Lake County
Threads: 79
"The State’s Attorney’s Office has also provided educational courses for law enforcement officers, who must also adapt to the fact that a certain percentage of people pulled over will be legally carrying concealed weapons."

Bullcrap. Law enforcement officers don't need to adapt to anything. If an officer pulls me over the fact I have a firearm is irrelevant. Even if the officer starts to shoot at me I am not sure I would fire back at an officer.

The only person who can do anything to make this an issue is the officer himself (or herself). As long as they go about their business for which they stopped me nothing has changed.

So here is the entire training they need: When you know a person has a CCW you do this : NOTHING!!!!!!

There, end of training.

Bullcrap. Law enforcement officers don't need to adapt to anything. If an officer pulls me over the fact I have a firearm is irrelevant. Even if the officer starts to shoot at me I am not sure I would fire back at an officer.

The only person who can do anything to make this an issue is the officer himself (or herself). As long as they go about their business for which they stopped me nothing has changed.

So here is the entire training they need: When you know a person has a CCW you do this : NOTHING!!!!!!

There, end of training.
Find
02-03-2015, 12:17 PM,
Threads: 376
The nice thing is that already 4k of people have already signed up. That is still a small dent in the over 700k residents, but it is a start. Next the State just needs to ease up on the restrictions on where you can carry.
Find
02-03-2015, 12:22 PM,
I went to both meetings that the State’s Attorney & lake county sheriff held they had a lake county Officer there to take question one of the question was on how they would handle a stop with someone that comes up on their computer as a concealed carry holder and he said no different then any other stop we always treat it as someone could have a weapon till we know it's OK. I think the State’s Attorney & lake county sheriff and the Officer are OK with concealed carry. I know Village Of Gurnee and the police are OK with it I been to two of there meeting also.
Find
02-03-2015, 01:38 PM,
Threads: 142
(02-03-2015, 12:17 PM)bradberry Wrote: The nice thing is that already 4k of people have already signed up. That is still a small dent in the over 700k residents, but it is a start. Next the State just needs to ease up on the restrictions on where you can carry.

...Next the State just needs to ease up on the restrictions on where you can carryThumbup
(02-03-2015, 12:17 PM)bradberry Wrote: The nice thing is that already 4k of people have already signed up. That is still a small dent in the over 700k residents, but it is a start. Next the State just needs to ease up on the restrictions on where you can carry.
...Next the State just needs to ease up on the restrictions on where you can carryThumbup
Find
02-04-2015, 09:45 PM,
Threads: 207
We've only got 91K for the first year. It was expected to get 400K. We didn't even get 25% done. sad
Find
02-04-2015, 09:55 PM,
(02-04-2015, 09:45 PM)mikereddot Wrote: We've only got 91K for the first year. It was expected to get 400K. We didn't even get 25% done. sad
I want to know where all the gun fights in the street are that what the anti. said would happen like the old west.
(02-04-2015, 09:45 PM)mikereddot Wrote: We've only got 91K for the first year. It was expected to get 400K. We didn't even get 25% done. sadI want to know where all the gun fights in the street are that what the anti. said would happen like the old west.
Find
02-08-2015, 11:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-08-2015, 11:28 AM by BelieveIn308.)
Threads: 124
The good guys that COMPLY with these unconstitutional laws are not the problem. The problem is the insane/Obama supporters that do not, and don't respect the laws. Do you think for one second any of the gun crime in Chicago is committed by law abiding citizens, or do you think it committed by the welfare state plantation dwellers?

Why are the prisons full of democrats?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
02-08-2015, 03:43 PM,
(02-08-2015, 11:27 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: The good guys that COMPLY with these unconstitutional laws are not the problem. The problem is the insane/Obama supporters that do not, and don't respect the laws. Do you think for one second any of the gun crime in Chicago is committed by law abiding citizens, or do you think it committed by the welfare state plantation dwellers?

Thumbup
(02-08-2015, 11:27 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: The good guys that COMPLY with these unconstitutional laws are not the problem. The problem is the insane/Obama supporters that do not, and don't respect the laws. Do you think for one second any of the gun crime in Chicago is committed by law abiding citizens, or do you think it committed by the welfare state plantation dwellers?

Why are the prisons full of democrats?Thumbup
Find