Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2 IDIOTS, 1 GUN SHOP
01-13-2015, 08:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2015, 08:13 PM by mikereddot.)
2 IDIOTS, 1 GUN SHOP
Threads: 207
2 IDIOTS, 1 GUN SHOP: Police Officer Suing Gun Store After Shooting Off His Own Finger

A former Kentucky police officer is suing a local gun store after he shot his finger off inside the store in a case of bad gun handling vs. horrible gun handling – plus a complete lack of personal responsibility.

According to a civil lawsuit, former Glasgow police officer Darrell Smith went to Barren Outdoors and asked to see a .380 caliber handgun.

An employee removed the gun from under the counter and handed it to Smith without checking to see if the gun was loaded.

Smith then takes the gun, likewise failing to check if the weapon was loaded, and holds it with one hand on the grip and the other hand near the muzzle. Smith says the gun “accidentally” went off (when he pulled the trigger), shooting off part of Smith’s index finger.

FULL STORY

A former Kentucky police officer is suing a local gun store after he shot his finger off inside the store in a case of bad gun handling vs. horrible gun handling – plus a complete lack of personal responsibility.

According to a civil lawsuit, former Glasgow police officer Darrell Smith went to Barren Outdoors and asked to see a .380 caliber handgun.

An employee removed the gun from under the counter and handed it to Smith without checking to see if the gun was loaded.

Smith then takes the gun, likewise failing to check if the weapon was loaded, and holds it with one hand on the grip and the other hand near the muzzle. Smith says the gun “accidentally” went off (when he pulled the trigger), shooting off part of Smith’s index finger.

FULL STORY
Find
01-13-2015, 10:08 PM,
RE: 2 IDIOTS, 1 GUN SHOP
Threads: 79
I read the thread title and was wondering who the two idiots were at Red Dot. Smile
Find
01-13-2015, 11:39 PM,
Threads: 124
LOL... That would never happen at RDA. They check every single weapon every time and usually hand it to you action open. And they always check when you return a weapon to them. I know there is a trade off with long guns. RDA has them right where you can see them and customers can handle them. You should always check the chamber on any firearm to make sure it is empty.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
01-14-2015, 12:00 AM,
Threads: 13
Bottom line every gun is loaded no matter what. If it is a gun it is a loaded gun until you and only you have check it and that it is a fact it is unloaded. If you can't understand that you have no business ever touching a gun let alone owning one.
Find
01-14-2015, 07:15 AM,
Just when you thought you heard everything. Maybe he should sue the gun manufacturer cause if they did not make the gun it would not have happened.
Find
01-14-2015, 08:24 AM,
(01-14-2015, 07:15 AM)Fireman Wrote: Just when you thought you heard everything. Maybe he should sue the gun manufacturer cause if they did not make the gun it would not have happened.
I think these 2 idiots did file a sue claiming the gun was not marked properly from the gun manufacturer as to which end the bullets came out also claiming they did all they could do even going as far as calling the manufacturer support line and asking which end the bullets came out the support line tech answer was that the bullets would come out the barrel side they claim that the tech did not understand that the gun came in a box and not in a barrel. Attorneys for both (Dowecheatem and How) said they will ask the judge for a change of venue once their trial dates are set. Judge C. Imanidiotalso pronounced (C. Im an idiot also) said he thought it would be "impossible" to find a fair and impartial jury anywhere other than Chicago or Cook County due to the publicity and emotions and the common sense that other Counties have surrounding the case. Thumbup
(01-14-2015, 07:15 AM)Fireman Wrote: Just when you thought you heard everything. Maybe he should sue the gun manufacturer cause if they did not make the gun it would not have happened.I think these 2 idiots did file a sue claiming the gun was not marked properly from the gun manufacturer as to which end the bullets came out also claiming they did all they could do even going as far as calling the manufacturer support line and asking which end the bullets came out the support line tech answer was that the bullets would come out the barrel side they claim that the tech did not understand that the gun came in a box and not in a barrel. Attorneys for both (Dowecheatem and How) said they will ask the judge for a change of venue once their trial dates are set. Judge C. Imanidiotalso pronounced (C. Im an idiot also) said he thought it would be "impossible" to find a fair and impartial jury anywhere other than Chicago or Cook County due to the publicity and emotions and the common sense that other Counties have surrounding the case. Thumbup
Find
01-14-2015, 08:36 AM,
One correction Freedom, it's "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe", three actual last names.
Find
01-14-2015, 09:35 AM,
(01-14-2015, 08:36 AM)Dutz Wrote: One correction Freedom, it's "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe", three actual last names.
Yep I didn't want to post actual. Not with names like that they may
find it on Google and say I defame them.Lol
(01-14-2015, 08:36 AM)Dutz Wrote: One correction Freedom, it's "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe", three actual last names.Yep I didn't want to post actual. Not with names like that they may
Find
01-14-2015, 09:39 AM,
(01-14-2015, 09:35 AM)Freedoms1791 Wrote:
(01-14-2015, 08:36 AM)Dutz Wrote: One correction Freedom, it's "Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe", three actual last names.

If there is a law firm with that name and they haven't change it yet, I doubt they are concerned. Puppyeyes
If there is a law firm with that name and they haven't change it yet, I doubt they are concerned. Puppyeyes
Find
01-14-2015, 09:48 AM,
(01-14-2015, 09:39 AM)Dutz Wrote:

you gat a point there.Thumbup
(01-14-2015, 09:39 AM)Dutz Wrote:

If there is a law firm with that name and they haven't change it yet, I doubt they are concerned. Puppyeyesyou gat a point there.Thumbup
Find
01-14-2015, 03:06 PM,
Threads: 142
Remember the story a couple years ago about the police officer at a movie theater that used the restroom and left his piece in the stall? A kid found it and did the right thing.
Find