Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns in the News... (12/30/2014) 2nd Amendment Attacks Won't Stop--Remain Informed
12-30-2014, 10:12 AM,
Guns in the News... (12/30/2014) 2nd Amendment Attacks Won't Stop--Remain Informed
Threads: 295
I'm assuming Hastings considers his First Amendment rights inviolate, however.

http://www.wisconsingazette.com/opinion/...mentr.html

[Image: TomH.jpg]

“What country fetishizes, lionizes, valorizes, idolizes, and sacralizes guns as much as does our United States? OK, possibly Mozambique–the only country with an AK47 on its flag, but really, it’s long past time to end this obsessive 'My Precious' attachment of Americans to instruments of death.”

Tom Hastings

“What country fetishizes, lionizes, valorizes, idolizes, and sacralizes guns as much as does our United States? OK, possibly Mozambique–the only country with an AK47 on its flag, but really, it’s long past time to end this obsessive 'My Precious' attachment of Americans to instruments of death.”

Tom Hastings
Find
12-30-2014, 11:27 AM,
RE: Guns in the News... (12/30/2014) 2nd Amendment Attacks Won't Stop--Remain Informed
Threads: 124
This guy is a complete moron. As Danton said "Man has the rights he can defend"... How did the right of free speech in Nazi Germany turn out after the people were disarmed? Even under the Czar, there was far more freedom to own weapons and free speech, than under Stalin. Did Mao allow free speech?

Sorry, but as in Mason, Madison and Jefferson's time, Danton's words speak even louder today.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

Sorry, but as in Mason, Madison and Jefferson's time, Danton's words speak even louder today.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
12-30-2014, 12:31 PM,
RE: Guns in the News... (12/30/2014) 2nd Amendment Attacks Won't Stop--Remain Informed
Threads: 21
I Agree.. The guy is an uninformed idiot.
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Find
12-30-2014, 01:22 PM,
Threads: 207
Problem is, there's a ton of these people out there. We need to not get angry with them, but just educate them. 1 moron at a time Smile
Find
12-30-2014, 01:29 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-30-2014, 01:31 PM by StJude.)
RE: Guns in the News... (12/30/2014) 2nd Amendment Attacks Won't Stop-Remain Informed
Threads: 295
(12-30-2014, 11:27 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: This guy is a complete moron

The danger of a mass communication tool such as the Internet, especially when "news" outlets are nothing more than propaganda arms of government, is that any horse's *****, such as Hastings, can voice minority opinions from their mama's basement and have them appear as if they are legitimate, majority opinions.

There is a thin line here that we can't make the mistake of crossing. We can't toss away free speech -- of anyone -- but at the same time minority opinions of the lunatic fringe, out to dismember the Constitution, must be kept in perspective: they are the ideas of the few even though they might appear on a website or are shouted louder than the majority opinion.

Unfortunately, objective media that should be pointing out the above are dead and there is no opposition party remaining.
(12-30-2014, 11:27 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: This guy is a complete moron
The danger of a mass communication tool such as the Internet, especially when "news" outlets are nothing more than propaganda arms of government, is that any horse's *****, such as Hastings, can voice minority opinions from their mama's basement and have them appear as if they are legitimate, majority opinions.

There is a thin line here that we can't make the mistake of crossing. We can't toss away free speech -- of anyone -- but at the same time minority opinions of the lunatic fringe, out to dismember the Constitution, must be kept in perspective: they are the ideas of the few even though they might appear on a website or are shouted louder than the majority opinion.

Unfortunately, objective media that should be pointing out the above are dead and there is no opposition party remaining.
Find
12-30-2014, 02:20 PM,
Threads: 376
(12-30-2014, 10:12 AM)StJude Wrote: I'm assuming Hastings considers his First Amendment rights inviolate, however.

Tom Hastings

It is MORONS like this that keep the constitutional supporters here in Oregon constantly on guard. His mind is so warped its not funny. Oh, I see it's OK to violate my 2nd amendment but I don't DARE to trample over your 1st amendment. Trample over my religion but let him have the freedom to trash it. UGH! He is one that say's he is "exhausted by the proliferation of death" yet he also states in other letters for abortion. Send him packing to NY or at least back to Wisconsin. I WANT TO PUKE every time I have to hear about his liberal RANTINGS. A complete an utter FRICKIN' MORON! All he teaches at PSU is about "Peace". That's great but you can keep his type of peace.

Sorry for ranting....
(12-30-2014, 10:12 AM)StJude Wrote: I'm assuming Hastings considers his First Amendment rights inviolate, however.

Tom Hastings

It is MORONS like this that keep the constitutional supporters here in Oregon constantly on guard. His mind is so warped its not funny. Oh, I see it's OK to violate my 2nd amendment but I don't DARE to trample over your 1st amendment. Trample over my religion but let him have the freedom to trash it. UGH! He is one that say's he is "exhausted by the proliferation of death" yet he also states in other letters for abortion. Send him packing to NY or at least back to Wisconsin. I WANT TO PUKE every time I have to hear about his liberal RANTINGS. A complete an utter FRICKIN' MORON! All he teaches at PSU is about "Peace". That's great but you can keep his type of peace.

Sorry for ranting....
Find
12-30-2014, 02:20 PM,
That is why RDA will come out with RDAExtra in 2015. Hopefully we can take a real objective view to firearms. IF we can be a trusted news site, maybe we can have folks find creditable information.
Find
12-30-2014, 02:45 PM,
Find
12-30-2014, 06:55 PM,
Threads: 13
(12-30-2014, 01:22 PM)mikereddot Wrote: Problem is, there's a ton of these people out there. We need to not get angry with them, but just educate them. 1 moron at a time Smile
Exactly, education is the key.
(12-30-2014, 01:22 PM)mikereddot Wrote: Problem is, there's a ton of these people out there. We need to not get angry with them, but just educate them. 1 moron at a time SmileExactly, education is the key.
Find
12-31-2014, 08:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-31-2014, 08:27 AM by Dutz.)
RE: Guns in the News...
Threads: 79
The challenge with education is there are so many people without even the requisite knowledge to understand.

When a person asks why do you NEED a gun, my answer is usually, "I can answer that in two minutes, unfortunately, it would take several hours to get you where you could understand the answer"

Where do we begin with this...

When a person asks why do you NEED a gun, my answer is usually, "I can answer that in two minutes, unfortunately, it would take several hours to get you where you could understand the answer"

Where do we begin with this...

Find
12-31-2014, 10:53 AM,
We can't give up on education. I feel It would be so much easier if we can get one at a time to go to a range and try shooting we us. Once learn safety and try to hit the bullseye, I think most would understand the sport of shooting. Just give them a .22 to begin with.
Find
12-31-2014, 11:13 AM,
It's beyond bringing people to the range. Our neighboord need to know what is going on around us. The earth is 2014 years old???? Really???
Find
12-31-2014, 11:28 AM,
Threads: 376
And our presidents gave us freedom? Humm...
Find
12-31-2014, 11:28 AM,
And then they took it away...
Find
12-31-2014, 11:50 AM,
(12-31-2014, 11:28 AM)bradberry Wrote: And our presidents gave us freedom? Humm...

Well, I let that one slide. Most congressmen don't know what a president is supposed to do...
(12-31-2014, 11:28 AM)bradberry Wrote: And our presidents gave us freedom? Humm...
Well, I let that one slide. Most congressmen don't know what a president is supposed to do...
Find