Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Steps for CCW training
12-02-2014, 03:40 PM
width=
Next Steps for CCW training
Hi! Just looking at the listing of courses on the RDA website. Aside from CCW 1 and 2, which I've already done and have my CCW license, I don't see much subsequent options for the next step, perhaps with more situational training and "live" training examples. What I had in mind:
1. Carjacking
2. Home Defense (I've already taken a home defense course a few years ago)
3. Walking down street confrontation
...and so on.

Would your current offering for the above fall into the Private Lesson category? Suggestions on other training?

Thanks in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2014, 01:19 AM
width=
RE: Next Steps for CCW training
PPITH AND PPOTH are the next steps They are both great classes. We will start with them back in the spring.
12-03-2014, 09:02 AM
width=
I plan to take those classes in the spring time permitting...

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
12-03-2014, 09:03 AM
width=
(12-03-2014 01:19 AM)mikereddot Wrote:  PPITH AND PPOTH are the next steps They are both great classes. We will start with them back in the spring.

I have taken both from Red Dot. The live fire training is excellent and will take you to the next level. And don't forget the additional Skills and Drills sessions they offer which are extensions of those classes.

Now and throughout the process of taking those classes you need to do dry fire drills. The biggest improvement you will need is in the basic handling, i.e. draw, grip, site picture/alignment, trigger control, and presentation can all be improved through dry repetition.

After all that I would suggest some competitive shooting, preferably IDPA as those clubs tend to be less competitive. I have done several matches and they really reveal your deficiencies.
06-27-2015, 01:33 PM
width=
Just back from the skills and drills class. What a great time. Learnt lots and was a lot of fun. First time shooting outdoors and loved it. I would recommend this class to anyone.