Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Water storage
11-18-2014, 02:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2014, 02:55 PM by ssphoto.)
Water storage
Threads: 142
I have seen varying inputs, on forums and YouTube channels, about whether to bug out or not. Assuming you choose to not bug out, one must have a good source of clean water available should a shortage come.

I've got the following items:
1. Water Collection/Rain barrels for taking roof run off. This is not potable, but can be used for bathing or used with a filter. Currently I use it for watering plants in my garden.
2. The Reservoir -- Store up to 100 gallons in your bathtub. The trick is when you decide to store the water, is it already too late? I plan is if things look like they could turn nasty, then get filled up beforehand.
3. Katadyn Water filter system
4. Water purification tablets.
5. Periodically buy 5 gal water jugs.

Short of spending any more money, I think I'm as covered as I'll ever be.

I've got the following items:
1. Water Collection/Rain barrels for taking roof run off. This is not potable, but can be used for bathing or used with a filter. Currently I use it for watering plants in my garden.
2. The Reservoir -- Store up to 100 gallons in your bathtub. The trick is when you decide to store the water, is it already too late? I plan is if things look like they could turn nasty, then get filled up beforehand.
3. Katadyn Water filter system
4. Water purification tablets.
5. Periodically buy 5 gal water jugs.

Short of spending any more money, I think I'm as covered as I'll ever be.
Find
11-18-2014, 03:14 PM,
RE: Water storage
Threads: 53
I think my favorite is the rain barrel/filter combo. I'd prefer that, with a portable filter so in the advent I do bug out, I could throw it in the car and bring it with (assuming I can take a car).
Find
11-18-2014, 04:01 PM,
Threads: 54
I just keep a lot of 5 gallon buckets in the basement. One day when we 're single the roof it would be nice to have singles that would allow for a rain system that you could use fir the drinking source
Find
11-18-2014, 11:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-18-2014, 11:38 PM by BelieveIn308.)
Threads: 124
I have a dozen 7 gallon blue water containers that can be carried. I have 2 of the 100 gallon bathtub things. I have a pond within 400 yds of my home, a small stream within 1/2 mile, and best of all a well. I want to rig up some Marine batteries to run the well pump, and a solar recharging system to recharge the batteries. This will provide well water with zero noise.

I have life straws, pills, bleach, and couple of Katadyn filter systems. Add into that a couple zero water pitchers with a dozen filters. Long term perhaps a simple still is the best option, and I am looking into that.

The rain water collection barrel is a great idea for bathwater or clothes washing! A simple Coffee filter can clean most junk out of it... That is a great idea!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

I have life straws, pills, bleach, and couple of Katadyn filter systems. Add into that a couple zero water pitchers with a dozen filters. Long term perhaps a simple still is the best option, and I am looking into that.

The rain water collection barrel is a great idea for bathwater or clothes washing! A simple Coffee filter can clean most junk out of it... That is a great idea!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find