Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun Sales in general...
11-01-2014, 11:41 AM,
Gun Sales in general...
Threads: 124
I recently read Ruger and S&W's quarterly reports and something interesting is happening in the gun market.

First we have background checks up slightly. Second we have manufacturers reporting big declines in orders. Is it possible Ruger and S&W are just not getting the orders, and their competitors are?

I mean, it would be good to see the market return to normal, but the background numbers suggest gun sales have not really declined much yet. I don't see huge increases in 'used' guns, so real demand seems to still be there, otherwise the market would be flooded with used guns.

Anyone have any theories or explanations?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

First we have background checks up slightly. Second we have manufacturers reporting big declines in orders. Is it possible Ruger and S&W are just not getting the orders, and their competitors are?

I mean, it would be good to see the market return to normal, but the background numbers suggest gun sales have not really declined much yet. I don't see huge increases in 'used' guns, so real demand seems to still be there, otherwise the market would be flooded with used guns.

Anyone have any theories or explanations?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
11-01-2014, 06:13 PM,
RE: Gun Sales in general...
Threads: 21
It could be that gun dealers bought in when they could and may be sitting on a load of inventory to sell. The industry trade show is less than 90 days away, I bet orders & sales for the manufacturers pick up right about then.
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Find
11-01-2014, 10:21 PM,
Threads: 82
Sig had layoffs this past summer due to slumping sales. The last article I read referred to sales going back to the way they were a couple years ago.

Perhaps background checks are up because of new laws requiring checks for any sale including private sales?

Perhaps background checks are up because of new laws requiring checks for any sale including private sales?
Find
11-03-2014, 08:25 PM,
Threads: 21
(11-01-2014, 10:21 PM)AcilletaM Wrote: Perhaps background checks are up because of new laws requiring checks for any sale including private sales?

Great point!
(11-01-2014, 10:21 PM)AcilletaM Wrote: Perhaps background checks are up because of new laws requiring checks for any sale including private sales?
Great point!
Find