Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ar/ak class?
10-22-2014, 12:52 AM,
ar/ak class?
Threads: 54
Does this class exist at red dot, I don't think I have seen one. And if not us it in the works?
Find
10-22-2014, 05:58 AM,
RE: ar/ak class?
Threads: 124
As opposed to a "Rifle" class? What would you expect to see is such a class on just the AR/AK as opposed to a Rifle class?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
10-22-2014, 07:22 AM,
Threads: 53
Rifle class would cover everything needed. Unless you were looking for a more tactical class? From what they have I'd say take the rifle class, then defense inside/outside the home would be a good start.
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

— Luke 22:36, NIV
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

Find
10-22-2014, 07:59 AM,
I'm thinking maybe he's looking for something more in depth on these 2 types of rifles. A comparison, type class, maybe complete take down, controls, and contrasting the two types? Pros and cons. As always, depends on what you plan to use the rifle for. They both have pluses and minuses. In the end, it comes down to personal preferences and use.
Find
10-22-2014, 08:24 AM,
Good point... I still can't decide what my personal preference is... But I don't have the means to make a choice yet anyway!

Find
10-22-2014, 10:34 AM,
(10-22-2014, 05:58 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: As opposed to a "Rifle" class? What would you expect to see is such a class on just the AR/AK as opposed to a Rifle class?

A semi is a lot different than a bolt. From reloading to working the bolt. And how to best use them. And also a basic idea if tactics, I believe gat offers a class like that, and I figured I would check here.
(10-22-2014, 05:58 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: As opposed to a "Rifle" class? What would you expect to see is such a class on just the AR/AK as opposed to a Rifle class?
A semi is a lot different than a bolt. From reloading to working the bolt. And how to best use them. And also a basic idea if tactics, I believe gat offers a class like that, and I figured I would check here.
Find
10-22-2014, 10:53 AM,
hmmm... Are you more interested in how the Rifle's work internally? I think a lot would be covered in a basic rifle course. Bolts, semi-autos, etc.

Perspective on any rifle is good. I mean a Garand, HK91, AK, FAL, AR15 are all semi-automatics, but have different systems for accomplishing the tasks. I am not sure if they cover that in the basic rifle class.

But it might be good to have a class like that. One that teaches these rifles in depth. It is why I considered actually doing the AR15 build. To learn more about the individual rifle.

Perspective on any rifle is good. I mean a Garand, HK91, AK, FAL, AR15 are all semi-automatics, but have different systems for accomplishing the tasks. I am not sure if they cover that in the basic rifle class.

But it might be good to have a class like that. One that teaches these rifles in depth. It is why I considered actually doing the AR15 build. To learn more about the individual rifle.
Find
10-23-2014, 08:59 AM,
Threads: 207
We need a place to hold the class. We have the curriculum for such a class. AR/Pistol or Tactical Shotgun/Pistol.
Find
10-24-2014, 12:26 AM,
That is good to.know, hopefully you will get a place. I am unfortunately accustomed to bench shooting. Pretty much the most pointless of shooting sports
Find
10-24-2014, 06:29 AM,
I'm the same way... Range shooting is far different from tactical. Situational awareness, combat stance shooting, field craft, etc are better options for real world training. I was not sure if he was more interested in the internal functioning of the two rifles or tactical training.

Some things can be practiced on your own (like magazine changes, falling prone, clearing jambs, draws).

I'm looking forward to RDA setting up a range.

Some things can be practiced on your own (like magazine changes, falling prone, clearing jambs, draws).

I'm looking forward to RDA setting up a range.
Find
10-24-2014, 07:19 AM,
That would be a good class! I'm going to be looking for something like that fairly soon I hope. But we will see what's available and if I'm able!

Find