Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sccy CPX-2
10-19-2014, 01:27 AM,
Sccy CPX-2
Threads: 53
I finally took the Sccy out for a test run on Friday! It was long over due... Overall I actually really like the little guy. I started off shooting it, and it was good. Accurate, fairly enjoyable to shoot, and it was comfortable. After shooting it for a little while I handed it over to my friend who hasn't shot much at all, and I took my XDs for us to do some shooting games/drills and he seemed to really like it. I'll pick his brain about it later and post what he thought.

As far as the trigger (my biggest complaint) isn't bad. As fat as the few DOA triggers I've used I'd say this was one of my preferred. I was able to pick it up out of the box, dry fire it a few times at home and bring it to the range and hit paper without a problem. Like I said above, I did switch off after a little bit, but then towards the end, we switched again. After shooting the XDs I found the Sccy much less desirable and it was only because if the trigger. Still after a couple of shots it didn't bother me as much again.

As far as ammo, we used 100 rounds of RDA ammo, 20 rounds of Federal Guard Dog, and 20 rounds of my brothers hand loads (I know, bad idea), but they all worked perfect except for 10 cast lead hand-loads from my brother. These I think were a little shorter than the standard round and it seemed like the magazine just didn't like them. I unfortunately didn't measure them myself so I'm not sure the exact length.. I'm looking forward to picking up some Hornady Critical Defense to try and run through it though. Those have been my choice lately for the XDs so I'm excited to start looking into them for the Sccy.

Overall I would trust it. I would pick a certain defense ammo for it and run quite a few rounds through it before counting on it running it 100%. But I would use it for a carry gun from my experience so far. It would be as a backup to my XDs, and I would have to spend much more time getting in tune with the trigger. As I think every review I've read has said so far, for the money it's a worthwhile gun. If you're looking for an inexpensive gun, or just something that you don't have to worry about much this seems like it would be perfect.

Just make sure to clean it!!! When I opened the gun up after getting it there was metal shavings all over the place. made me worry about what could be laying around in there, but a little cleaning and inspection eased my mind and everything seems perfect so far.

Plus from what I hear they have an amazing warranty!!

[Image: DSC02992.jpg]

[Image: DSC02995.jpg]

[Image: DSC02999.jpg]
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

— Luke 22:36, NIV

As far as the trigger (my biggest complaint) isn't bad. As fat as the few DOA triggers I've used I'd say this was one of my preferred. I was able to pick it up out of the box, dry fire it a few times at home and bring it to the range and hit paper without a problem. Like I said above, I did switch off after a little bit, but then towards the end, we switched again. After shooting the XDs I found the Sccy much less desirable and it was only because if the trigger. Still after a couple of shots it didn't bother me as much again.

As far as ammo, we used 100 rounds of RDA ammo, 20 rounds of Federal Guard Dog, and 20 rounds of my brothers hand loads (I know, bad idea), but they all worked perfect except for 10 cast lead hand-loads from my brother. These I think were a little shorter than the standard round and it seemed like the magazine just didn't like them. I unfortunately didn't measure them myself so I'm not sure the exact length.. I'm looking forward to picking up some Hornady Critical Defense to try and run through it though. Those have been my choice lately for the XDs so I'm excited to start looking into them for the Sccy.

Overall I would trust it. I would pick a certain defense ammo for it and run quite a few rounds through it before counting on it running it 100%. But I would use it for a carry gun from my experience so far. It would be as a backup to my XDs, and I would have to spend much more time getting in tune with the trigger. As I think every review I've read has said so far, for the money it's a worthwhile gun. If you're looking for an inexpensive gun, or just something that you don't have to worry about much this seems like it would be perfect.

Just make sure to clean it!!! When I opened the gun up after getting it there was metal shavings all over the place. made me worry about what could be laying around in there, but a little cleaning and inspection eased my mind and everything seems perfect so far.

Plus from what I hear they have an amazing warranty!!

[Image: DSC02992.jpg]

[Image: DSC02995.jpg]

[Image: DSC02999.jpg]
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

Find
10-19-2014, 01:32 AM,
RE: Sccy CPX-2
Threads: 82
Nice review!
Find
10-19-2014, 01:51 AM,
I tried to put it through a few paces! So it at least had the 115g and 124g ammo plus the two kinds of reloads and the Guard Dog. I probably have a bunch of other thoughts that will hit me in the morning. but for now at least it gives a decent overview!

Find
10-19-2014, 08:36 AM,
Threads: 51
Thanks for the review Ringo !!
Find
10-19-2014, 08:41 AM,
Threads: 124
I'd think one magazine of the expensive stuff would be enough to show that the gun and magazine liked it. Thanks for your impressions of the pistol.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
10-19-2014, 09:27 AM,
Threads: 55
Ringo, thanks for posting the review. Thumbs up
Find
10-19-2014, 05:29 PM,
Threads: 207
Thanks Ringo. Can you add that to the www.reddotarms.com also.
www.reddotarms.com also.
Find
10-20-2014, 08:42 AM,
I can and will, I was going to last night, but I'll put it on there when I get home tonight

Find
10-20-2014, 10:30 PM,
Threads: 56
Great review! I have been wondering about this gun for awhile now. Looks just like my LC9S so was curious how it shot. Would love to try them side by side someday.
Find
10-20-2014, 10:38 PM,
I'm going to bring it back and use it myself for the whole time and see if I can pick little things I like or don't like. But I'm willing to share if we're at the range sometime!

Find
10-20-2014, 11:03 PM,
Threads: 56
Will have to try to take you up on that!
Find
10-21-2014, 10:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 10:25 AM by Brian S.)
Threads: 21
Great review! Next time you take it to the range please post a follow up.

Ringo you might want to post your review on RDA's website http://www.reddotarms.com/shop/firearms/...8&type=171
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated

Ringo you might want to post your review on RDA's website http://www.reddotarms.com/shop/firearms/...8&type=171
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Find
10-21-2014, 05:17 PM,
Thanks Brian!
Find
10-24-2014, 07:14 PM,
Threads: 61
I like the red lettering! Thanks for posting this
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find
10-24-2014, 09:53 PM,
Thanks for the review on the reddotarms.com site.
Find
10-24-2014, 10:05 PM,
So far it's been a great gun! I just bought some Critical Defense to run through it and see how that goes. When I get a chance to shoot it I'll follow through with any thoughts

Find
10-24-2014, 10:08 PM,
Very cool. Glad you're enjoying it. Still think you should have taken the pink one for the GF.
Find