Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gun Rights Policy Conference
09-29-2014, 09:08 AM,
Gun Rights Policy Conference
Threads: 79
Did anyone else besides my wife and me attend?

http://www.guns.com/2014/09/27/guns-righ...-shutdown/

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Find
09-29-2014, 09:11 AM,
RE: Gun Rights Policy Conference
Threads: 53
No, was there anything that stuck out to you from there??
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

— Luke 22:36, NIV
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

Find
09-29-2014, 09:55 AM,
A few things.

1. John Fund of the National Review spoke and stated it is a consensus among Washington insiders that the exit of Holder is an indication the White House believes the dems will lose the Senate and wants to get the next AG in now.

2. Three people (I don't have their names handy) who work in the U.N. warned that what we have to be concerned with from the U.N. and potential international gun control is not the Arms Treaty (in part is it will never get signed, and in part because it is not the primary instrument) but the real concern is I.S.A.C.S, the International Small Arms Control Standards.

3. There was a heated debate between Allen Gotlieb of the SAF, Second Amendment Foundation, and some other prominent people regarding the state by state focus of the Blooming idiot and his moms to get "background checks". Gotlieb is from Washington state where the first ballots is. He warned that we are winning in the legislatures but we cannot win with the public ballot measures. Therefore we need to get out front and write our own versions and control the process. The other side thought this was conceding too much.

4. A minor point, but there was a doctor who gave a good response to the question by your doctor if you have guns in the home. Tell your doctor "That is a boundary violation and you are not permitted to ask." That equates the question to the level of asking you out on a date, etc. It puts their license in jeapardy.

1. John Fund of the National Review spoke and stated it is a consensus among Washington insiders that the exit of Holder is an indication the White House believes the dems will lose the Senate and wants to get the next AG in now.

2. Three people (I don't have their names handy) who work in the U.N. warned that what we have to be concerned with from the U.N. and potential international gun control is not the Arms Treaty (in part is it will never get signed, and in part because it is not the primary instrument) but the real concern is I.S.A.C.S, the International Small Arms Control Standards.

3. There was a heated debate between Allen Gotlieb of the SAF, Second Amendment Foundation, and some other prominent people regarding the state by state focus of the Blooming idiot and his moms to get "background checks". Gotlieb is from Washington state where the first ballots is. He warned that we are winning in the legislatures but we cannot win with the public ballot measures. Therefore we need to get out front and write our own versions and control the process. The other side thought this was conceding too much.

4. A minor point, but there was a doctor who gave a good response to the question by your doctor if you have guns in the home. Tell your doctor "That is a boundary violation and you are not permitted to ask." That equates the question to the level of asking you out on a date, etc. It puts their license in jeapardy.
Find
09-29-2014, 10:01 AM,
Threads: 124
On point #2, it really doesn't matter what the UN says. The Second Amendment trumps the UN, period.

The best thing we as supporters of the Constitution can do is vote against every anti-gun candidate on the ballot. Be they democrat or republican. If they stand against the Bill of Rights, why would anyone the loves Liberty and Freedom vote for them?

The best thing we as supporters of the Constitution can do is vote against every anti-gun candidate on the ballot. Be they democrat or republican. If they stand against the Bill of Rights, why would anyone the loves Liberty and Freedom vote for them?
Find
09-29-2014, 10:15 AM,
True, but it's interesting and good to know what's out there. I had never heard of ISACS.

What goes on in the world can affect us.

Also, they did say the 53rd country signed so the Arms Treaty, so goes into effect on Dec. 25 this year. And it will effect us some as it effects foreign companies like Baretta. One of the panel speculated we might see some of these companies open more manufacturing in the U.S. to bypass some of the treaty, which would be a good outcome.

What goes on in the world can affect us.

Also, they did say the 53rd country signed so the Arms Treaty, so goes into effect on Dec. 25 this year. And it will effect us some as it effects foreign companies like Baretta. One of the panel speculated we might see some of these companies open more manufacturing in the U.S. to bypass some of the treaty, which would be a good outcome.
Find
09-29-2014, 11:39 AM,
This is something I'd like to look up and try to watch. Anybody already have a link? If not I'll search when I get home from work

Find
09-29-2014, 11:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 11:56 AM by Dutz.)
http://www.smallarmsstandards.org/

Here is one link. When review my notes I will supply additional details they mentioned.

These are the panelists I mentioned.

Julianne Versnel, director of operations, Second Amendment Foundation
Mark Westrom, president, Defense Small Arms Advisory Council
D. Allen Youngman, executive director, Defense Small Arms Advisory Council
http://www.smallarmsstandards.org/

Here is one link. When review my notes I will supply additional details they mentioned.

These are the panelists I mentioned.

Julianne Versnel, director of operations, Second Amendment Foundation
Mark Westrom, president, Defense Small Arms Advisory Council
D. Allen Youngman, executive director, Defense Small Arms Advisory Council
Find
09-29-2014, 11:58 AM,
Awesome. Thanks dutz, I'll be reviewing this later and hopefully coming back here with some questions. Haha

Find
09-29-2014, 05:12 PM,
Threads: 207
As for #3, Allen Gotlieb is a regular guest on Armed American Radio. I've been pod casting them for years.

http://armedamericanradio.org/
Find