Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Typical ignorance? Reciprocity HB38
12-05-2017, 11:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 01:43 PM by ssphoto.)
Typical ignorance? Reciprocity HB38
Threads: 142
Here is the boilerplate I got from Brad Schneider, me rep, regarding my support of HB38.

He calls out that the bill would allow folks to carry on school zones. The way I read it is that the bill calls out that it would still allow for individual State's restrictions as to exactly where one could carry, eg. Schools or other governmental facilities. He also believes it's up to the States to interpret the Bill of Rights as they see fit. What kind of country is this?

Dear Steve,

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017. I truly appreciate your input as I work to represent you in Congress.

As you may know, H.R. 38 would allow individuals who are qualified to carry a concealed handgun in one state to do so in other states. This bill would also allow these individuals to carry concealed handguns in school zones and on federal lands that prohibit firearm possession.

I do want you to know that I oppose H.R. 38. I believe each state has the right, and a responsibility, to establish their own rules and standards for issuing concealed carry permits. While we may disagree on this issue, I believe there are many areas where we can come together to move this country forward.

Thank you again for reaching out to me on this important issue. Hearing from constituents like you allows me to be a more informed and effective Member of Congress. If I can be of further assistance to you on this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me or my office.

Sincerely,

Bradley S. Schneider
Member of Congress

He calls out that the bill would allow folks to carry on school zones. The way I read it is that the bill calls out that it would still allow for individual State's restrictions as to exactly where one could carry, eg. Schools or other governmental facilities. He also believes it's up to the States to interpret the Bill of Rights as they see fit. What kind of country is this?

Dear Steve,

Thank you for contacting me to express your support for H.R. 38, the Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2017. I truly appreciate your input as I work to represent you in Congress.

As you may know, H.R. 38 would allow individuals who are qualified to carry a concealed handgun in one state to do so in other states. This bill would also allow these individuals to carry concealed handguns in school zones and on federal lands that prohibit firearm possession.

I do want you to know that I oppose H.R. 38. I believe each state has the right, and a responsibility, to establish their own rules and standards for issuing concealed carry permits. While we may disagree on this issue, I believe there are many areas where we can come together to move this country forward.

Thank you again for reaching out to me on this important issue. Hearing from constituents like you allows me to be a more informed and effective Member of Congress. If I can be of further assistance to you on this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact me or my office.

Sincerely,

Bradley S. Schneider
Member of Congress
Find
12-06-2017, 08:36 AM,
RE: Typical ignorance? Reciprocity HB38
Threads: 124
Sounds like a member of Congress that needs to be 'retired'.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
12-06-2017, 09:33 AM,
RE: Typical ignorance? Reciprocity HB38
Threads: 79
Ignorant idiot, liar, or both.

If the bill changes the law to allow carry on federal lands then that is no longer prohibited.

Makes you shake your head at the stupidity he either has or thinks you have.

By his logic, or lack of it, then gay marriage should not be required to be honored.
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]

If the bill changes the law to allow carry on federal lands then that is no longer prohibited.

Makes you shake your head at the stupidity he either has or thinks you have.

By his logic, or lack of it, then gay marriage should not be required to be honored.
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]
Find