Three Arguments Against National Reciprocity And Why They’re Wrong
Threads: 966
Find
10-28-2017, 07:46 AM,
RE: Three Arguments Against National Reciprocity And Why They’re Wrong
Threads: 14
I think the issue of State sovereignty is still one that has to be dealt with, although its amusing that so many Democrats now favour states rights over the federal government all of a sudden.
Find
10-30-2017, 10:28 PM,
Threads: 35
It's not a state sovereignty issue because the 2nd Amendment takes precedent over the 10th. The 10th clearly states that the states have power over what isn't spelled out in the constitution or its amendments. The 2nd guarantees the right to bear arms. In this case, it is the duty of the federal government to call anti-2nd states to task.
Find
10-31-2017, 11:00 AM,
Threads: 142
Compromise! I'm a supporter of NR. It's in the bill of rights and that "trumps" States' rights, right? However, I could support a uniform qualification and licensing requirement. IL has minimum 16 hours; other states have none. I'd gladly take more training (which I do already anyway) and relish the thought of other CCW holders having the same. Compromise is the key here, IMO.
Find
10-31-2017, 11:52 PM,
Compromise is never a good thing where our rights are concerned. Compromise got us the NFA and the Hughes Amendment, which are the two largest infringements of the 2nd Amendment.
Find
11-01-2017, 07:29 AM,
Threads: 14
Bismarck stated that "Politics is the art of the possible". It's hard to see how reciprocity can be achieved when some states, like Illinois, require training and some states require nothing at all.
Find
11-01-2017, 02:50 PM,
National reciprocity just tells every state that they have accept another state's CCW. In my case my CCW is my state issued ID. As WV is a constitutional carry state, IL would have to recognize that as my CCW.
Find
11-07-2017, 09:49 AM,
Threads: 376
Could it be possible that all the GOV's could actually agree to let this happen. Don't think so.
All Governors: 36 Republican, 16 Democrat, 3 Independent.
Hawaii, New York, Connecticut, Maine, California, and Rhode Island GOV's would not let it happen. In Oregon, well the POS that is in the office NOW would not even think about it. She wants to be the new California. God Help ME!
All Governors: 36 Republican, 16 Democrat, 3 Independent.
Hawaii, New York, Connecticut, Maine, California, and Rhode Island GOV's would not let it happen. In Oregon, well the POS that is in the office NOW would not even think about it. She wants to be the new California. God Help ME!
Find
11-08-2017, 03:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 03:06 PM by rwhite135.)
The governors wouldn't have any say in it because it would be federal law. The whole point of the bill is to stop states infringing on the rights of visitors to those states.

I would like to add that WV's constitutional carry law applies to visitors, as well as residents. If you are 21 and have ID to prove it, you can carry in this state.

I would like to add that WV's constitutional carry law applies to visitors, as well as residents. If you are 21 and have ID to prove it, you can carry in this state.
Find
11-10-2017, 09:44 AM,
(11-08-2017, 03:03 PM)rwhite135 Wrote: The governors wouldn't have any say in it because it would be federal law. The whole point of the bill is to stop states infringing on the rights of visitors to those states.

As I see it, before it becomes a bill, indirectly the Gov's would have their influence in this bill. By the use of their party contacts, their own state representatives, and or their federal representative.
One way or another influence from the state Gov's (or other state contact) would and could affect such a bill.
(11-08-2017, 03:03 PM)rwhite135 Wrote: The governors wouldn't have any say in it because it would be federal law. The whole point of the bill is to stop states infringing on the rights of visitors to those states.
As I see it, before it becomes a bill, indirectly the Gov's would have their influence in this bill. By the use of their party contacts, their own state representatives, and or their federal representative.
One way or another influence from the state Gov's (or other state contact) would and could affect such a bill.
Find
11-12-2017, 05:54 PM,
The bill is already written. They just need to get their heads out of their dufflebags and pass it. After the crap the liberals pulled in the last 8 years, I don't care what some idiot governor or any other leftist wants. Anyone who believes we need to compromise is not a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and needs to sit down and shut up.
Find
11-17-2017, 09:33 AM,
(11-12-2017, 05:54 PM)rwhite135 Wrote: The bill is already written. They just need to get their heads out of their dufflebags and pass it. After the crap the liberals pulled in the last 8 years, I don't care what some idiot governor or any other leftist wants. Anyone who believes we need to compromise is not a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and needs to sit down and shut up.

I agree......100%.
(11-12-2017, 05:54 PM)rwhite135 Wrote: The bill is already written. They just need to get their heads out of their dufflebags and pass it. After the crap the liberals pulled in the last 8 years, I don't care what some idiot governor or any other leftist wants. Anyone who believes we need to compromise is not a supporter of the 2nd Amendment and needs to sit down and shut up.
I agree......100%.
Find