Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everytime I go into Red Dot...
07-28-2017, 09:02 PM,
Everytime I go into Red Dot...
Threads: 124
and look at their selection of firearms I am thinking I need another firearm. Today was no different. I looked at a FNX .45 caliber tactical. Letting me hold it was a huge mistake, as it fit my hand near perfectly. The firearm is all business. I love FN pistols as it is. This is now just blew me away with it's balance. Yes, it's pricy, but all high quality firearms are. This is now at the top of my want list, and the fact that it can easily take a Vortex Venom sight is like icing on the cake.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
07-29-2017, 09:28 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-29-2017, 09:30 AM by bradberry.)
RE: Everytime I go into Red Dot...
Threads: 376
As you know I am a Glock guy and I recently started looking at the FN's. I have decided that my next two pistol WILL be FN's. I was thinking maybe a few other brands but FN just stood out. I really like the FN Five-SeveN and yes it is a little pricey, it felt great in my hand and all the reviews that I have read/watched were positive. I am still looking at Walther and H&K and was about to buy a few Springfield's and S&W's since the price was right but I think saving up for an FN is the better choice. Oh, and I don't have the opportunity to visit the Red Dot store although I would love to.
Find
08-08-2017, 09:10 PM,
I have 3 FN's a FNS9, FNS40/9 and a FNS9C for winter carry. I have a couple Glocks (21, 40), I find them reliable, but overrated and over priced for what they are (and considering you have to replace the sights right out of the box).

The FN's have been exceptionally reliable, very comfortable to hold, and more accurate than my Glocks. The FNX-45 tactical, will be my next purchase. Damn them for letting me handle it. I do like the Springfield 5.25" full sized pistols a lot too. You might look at the HK however, as they have the same promotion going on as Springfield offering 4 extra magazines.

The FN's have been exceptionally reliable, very comfortable to hold, and more accurate than my Glocks. The FNX-45 tactical, will be my next purchase. Damn them for letting me handle it. I do like the Springfield 5.25" full sized pistols a lot too. You might look at the HK however, as they have the same promotion going on as Springfield offering 4 extra magazines.
Find
08-26-2017, 02:25 PM,
Ok, this week I picked up the FNX-45 Tactical. Sam, I thank you. When I got home I cleaned it out of habit, but it was perfect before I started. I loaded up the magazines, 2 with range ammo, and one with 3 rounds each of 5 different hollow points of various flavors, 3 being +P. I put on a Vortex Venom Red dot, laser sighted it at 20 feet and waited for Saturday morning. I went up to McMiller, with my new toy and rifle that needed more sighting in. I sighted in the rifle, and then went to the 25 yd. range. I love this gun!!! It shot 2" inch groups first time out at 25 yds. It was a pleasure to shoot. Even the +P rounds were not notable mixed in. I had no issues, save on the Second magazine I hit the magazine eject button, and the magazine fell out. Doh. I was worried that the ejected shells might hit the Red Dot, but that was unfounded. It was easy to stay on target. This might be the best .45 ACP pistol I own (XDm 5.25" barrel, Remington 1911 R1 Enchanced, Glock 21 being the competition). This gun is big, Even with a outside the belt holster, I am not sure it can be used for concealed carry unless I lose some weight or buy a full size jacket. So after about 120 rounds, the FNX-45 tactical is really growing on me. I might like this better than the 10mm options!
Find