Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pro, Anti-Gun Protestors Rally Outside Suburban Gun Shop
09-08-2014, 02:48 PM,
Pro, Anti-Gun Protestors Rally Outside Suburban Gun Shop
Threads: 19
H/T Lincoln Report

About 200 protestors and counter-protestors were outside Chuck’s Guns in south suburban Riverdale Saturday morning, the site of frequent protests because of the number of firearms the shop sells legally and which end up being used to commit crimes in Chicago.

The protest was held by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence and its campaign called “Stop Bad Apple Gun Dealers” and the counter-protest by the NRA.

WBBM’s Mike Krauser reports the two sides weren’t exactly cordial but they behaved for the most part. Activist preacher Michael Pfleger raised to be heard over chants of “Why are you here?” and “Go home.”
“I just want to say this to the NRA and all my brothers and sisters sitting over here: You can hate on me, you can threaten me, you can write emails, you can even be so lowdown that you can connect me with ISIS, but I’m the one trying to make the city streets safe,” Rev. Pfleger said.

Read more at http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/09/06/p...-gun-shop/
Lincoln Report

About 200 protestors and counter-protestors were outside Chuck’s Guns in south suburban Riverdale Saturday morning, the site of frequent protests because of the number of firearms the shop sells legally and which end up being used to commit crimes in Chicago.

The protest was held by the Brady Center to Prevent Gun Violence and its campaign called “Stop Bad Apple Gun Dealers” and the counter-protest by the NRA.

WBBM’s Mike Krauser reports the two sides weren’t exactly cordial but they behaved for the most part. Activist preacher Michael Pfleger raised to be heard over chants of “Why are you here?” and “Go home.”
“I just want to say this to the NRA and all my brothers and sisters sitting over here: You can hate on me, you can threaten me, you can write emails, you can even be so lowdown that you can connect me with ISIS, but I’m the one trying to make the city streets safe,” Rev. Pfleger said.

Read more at http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/09/06/p...-gun-shop/
Find
09-08-2014, 03:16 PM,
RE: Pro, Anti-Gun Protestors Rally Outside Suburban Gun Shop
Threads: 124
If he wants to make the streets safer, he needs to rid Chicago of the hoodlum element.

Inanimate objects are not the problem. It is the CULTURE that exists in Chicago. He should concentrate on FIXING that. Get the people causing all the problems off the government plantation.

Inanimate objects are not the problem. It is the CULTURE that exists in Chicago. He should concentrate on FIXING that. Get the people causing all the problems off the government plantation.
Find
09-09-2014, 06:13 PM,
Threads: 19
Unfortunately, it is easier for some to blame the gun instead of the culture.
Find
09-09-2014, 08:56 PM,
Threads: 207
and the politicians.
Find