Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illinois: Suppressor Legalization Legislation to be Introduced in Legislature
05-31-2016, 01:26 PM,
Threads: 966
On Sunday, May 29, a bill that would legalize firearm sound suppressors will be introduced and considered by the Illinois legislature. This important pro-gun legislation will implement the full legalization of suppressors, allowing for their lawful possession and use, including for the taking of game.

Suppressors provide numerous benefits to the hunters and sportsmen who choose to use them. Most importantly, suppressors decrease muzzle report to hearing-safe levels and reduce shooters’ risk of hearing damage, which can occur when discharging a firearm without the proper hearing protection. Additionally, suppressors help increase accuracy by reducing felt recoil and shot “flinch.” Beginners to shooting sports adhere to a quicker learning curve on average because the muffled sound equates to increased focus and concentration on proper shooting mechanics. Furthermore, suppressors help reduce noise complaints from neighbors, which are frequently used as an excuse to close hunting lands throughout the country.

Forty-two states currently allow for the sale, use and possession of firearm sound suppressors, while thirty-eight of those states allow for their use while hunting.

Stay tuned to your inbox and www.NRAILA.org for updates when more information becomes available.

Suppressors provide numerous benefits to the hunters and sportsmen who choose to use them. Most importantly, suppressors decrease muzzle report to hearing-safe levels and reduce shooters’ risk of hearing damage, which can occur when discharging a firearm without the proper hearing protection. Additionally, suppressors help increase accuracy by reducing felt recoil and shot “flinch.” Beginners to shooting sports adhere to a quicker learning curve on average because the muffled sound equates to increased focus and concentration on proper shooting mechanics. Furthermore, suppressors help reduce noise complaints from neighbors, which are frequently used as an excuse to close hunting lands throughout the country.

Forty-two states currently allow for the sale, use and possession of firearm sound suppressors, while thirty-eight of those states allow for their use while hunting.

Stay tuned to your inbox and www.NRAILA.org for updates when more information becomes available.
Find
05-31-2016, 08:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2016, 08:07 PM by AcilletaM.)
Threads: 82
It passed the IL House 69-46 and is going to the Senate
Find
05-31-2016, 10:32 PM,
RE: Illinois: Suppressor Legalization Legislation to be Introduced in Legislature
Threads: 79
I heard even Madigan voted for it. 69-46
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]
Find
06-01-2016, 06:32 AM,
RE: Illinois: Suppressor Legalization Legislation to be Introduced in Legislature
Cullerton held it hostage.
Find
06-01-2016, 08:55 AM,
Threads: 376
(06-01-2016, 06:32 AM)Dutz Wrote: Cullerton held it hostage.

Hope you guys final get this type of law to pass, but then again you live in Illinois, so I doubt it will pass.....
(06-01-2016, 06:32 AM)Dutz Wrote: Cullerton held it hostage.
Hope you guys final get this type of law to pass, but then again you live in Illinois, so I doubt it will pass.....
Find
06-01-2016, 02:57 PM,
It depends on Madigan (Speaker of the House) and Cullerton (President of the Senate). They always have agendas, etc. which have little to do with the issue at hand.

They have no clue this is called corruption.

They have no clue this is called corruption.
Find
06-01-2016, 07:50 PM,
Threads: 82
I always thought Cullerton basically did what Madigan wanted.
Find
06-02-2016, 08:19 AM,
(06-01-2016, 07:50 PM)AcilletaM Wrote: I always thought Cullerton basically did what Madigan wanted.

This doesn't mean he didn't. Just because Madigan voted for it, does not mean he wanted it, or wanted it now.

That is part of the corruption. They collude and plan this all out. We silly citizens think we actually have some influence after we vote.

On a side note, if you live in 62nd district don't give up on Yingling just because he is a gay democrat (that is not a slur, he really is gay). Below was his response to my email. I sent the pre-written one from the Illinois Carry or the NRA, I don't remember which. I know what I got back might be staffer written, but I have spoken directly with Yingling on this several times, and I honestly think he believes what this says.

repsamyingling@gmail.com

"Dear Daniel:

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding House Bill 1016. I always appreciate hearing from the people of our community. Your input allows me to represent the needs of our area more effectively in Springfield.​​

I do not support putting burdensome regulations on our small business and I respect a lawful gun owner's right to purchase firearms. I assure you that I will take your thoughts into account when this issue comes up in the House. I always strive to make decisions that are best for our community, and input from area residents helps me in making these decisions.

Thank you again for contacting me. I like to be accessible to all my constituents as their state representative. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about any issues or concerns you may have."
(06-01-2016, 07:50 PM)AcilletaM Wrote: I always thought Cullerton basically did what Madigan wanted.
This doesn't mean he didn't. Just because Madigan voted for it, does not mean he wanted it, or wanted it now.

That is part of the corruption. They collude and plan this all out. We silly citizens think we actually have some influence after we vote.

On a side note, if you live in 62nd district don't give up on Yingling just because he is a gay democrat (that is not a slur, he really is gay). Below was his response to my email. I sent the pre-written one from the Illinois Carry or the NRA, I don't remember which. I know what I got back might be staffer written, but I have spoken directly with Yingling on this several times, and I honestly think he believes what this says.

repsamyingling@gmail.com

"Dear Daniel:

Thank you for contacting me with your concerns regarding House Bill 1016. I always appreciate hearing from the people of our community. Your input allows me to represent the needs of our area more effectively in Springfield.​​

I do not support putting burdensome regulations on our small business and I respect a lawful gun owner's right to purchase firearms. I assure you that I will take your thoughts into account when this issue comes up in the House. I always strive to make decisions that are best for our community, and input from area residents helps me in making these decisions.

Thank you again for contacting me. I like to be accessible to all my constituents as their state representative. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future about any issues or concerns you may have."
Find
06-02-2016, 09:00 AM,
Threads: 966

It seems to be the job of politics to "hold things over" until the next election... except when the powers that be want to play lame duck. It all depends on the angle you look at it. Is their side going to win, or lose?

A HUGE game, never having the people in mind. Just their power and money. Yum yum! Toilet
It seems to be the job of politics to "hold things over" until the next election... except when the powers that be want to play lame duck. It all depends on the angle you look at it. Is their side going to win, or lose?

A HUGE game, never having the people in mind. Just their power and money. Yum yum! Toilet
Find