Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banning Russian AK's, etc...
07-23-2014, 12:53 PM,
Banning Russian AK's, etc...
Threads: 124
Obama is banning Russian AK47's and 74's import and sale if any monies would go to the Russian company. Will the void be filled with other companies making them here? Will there be a shortage of 7.62x39 ammo?

Personally I have never cared for them or the round. But this just smacks of back door violation of our Second Amendment rights.

Personally I have never cared for them or the round. But this just smacks of back door violation of our Second Amendment rights.
Find
07-24-2014, 02:28 PM,
RE: Banning Russian AK's, etc...
Threads: 1
Most of the ak market is bulgararian so it won't be affected too much. This does "extend" the ban on Chinese ak's though.
Banned: Norinco, Saiga, Arsenal, other Chinese/Russian imports.
Not Banned: Circle 10/Wasr, Yugo/Serbian, molot/vepr, other Bulgarian/polish/Serbian models.

Notably, this will likely affect the importation of Tula ammo.
Banned: Norinco, Saiga, Arsenal, other Chinese/Russian imports.
Not Banned: Circle 10/Wasr, Yugo/Serbian, molot/vepr, other Bulgarian/polish/Serbian models.

Notably, this will likely affect the importation of Tula ammo.
Find
07-27-2014, 07:16 PM,
Threads: 207
I've been out of the loop on this one. Does anybody know what the rationale behind this move?

What was the point?

What was the point?
Find
07-27-2014, 07:54 PM,
Threads: 1
The wording of the executive order states that buying or selling them is ok in the secondary market, ok in the primary market if already fully paid for, and ok in the primary market if "kalashnikov" has no primary interest in the transaction.

I would take this to mean that buying and selling them is fine, and importation is fine as long as they are not imported from Russia, in a case where Russia receives monetary compensation for the firearms. Obama is trying to make double headlines for "banning dangerous assault rifles" and simultaneously "cutting trade relations with Russia during conflict".

I would take this to mean that buying and selling them is fine, and importation is fine as long as they are not imported from Russia, in a case where Russia receives monetary compensation for the firearms. Obama is trying to make double headlines for "banning dangerous assault rifles" and simultaneously "cutting trade relations with Russia during conflict".
Find
08-11-2014, 10:17 AM,
I would think that the Tula ammo ban is worst of the ban, that and surplus Mosin ammo...
Find
12-05-2014, 10:16 AM,
Have you guys noticed any supply 'drying' up on these? Especially the 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R ammo?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
12-05-2014, 04:11 PM,
Threads: 207
Not the ammo yet, but the guns, oh yeah.
Find
12-05-2014, 08:06 PM,
hmmm... It might be time to lay in a couple 7.62x54R spam cans...
Find
12-07-2014, 11:11 PM,
Threads: 54
It has also stopped the importation if bakail shotguns. The ammo I am not as worried about. I gave heard a lot of the ammo companies gave off shoot companies in the eu. So cheap steel ammo should be available. Check I am starting to see their shot gun shells now fir pretty cheap. The whole ban is stupid though
Find
12-08-2014, 12:42 AM,
Of course the Gun Grabbers are just using this as an excuse to try to eliminate a popular firearm they hate.

Better we ban the gun grabbers. The same rules as there are for firearms, should apply to voting. The must have ID's, waiting periods, and FEES to exercise the right to vote... And for Abortions... And for Free Speech... And for freedom of religion...

When will gun owners just vote out all these liberal anti-constitution, anti-American scumbags?

Better we ban the gun grabbers. The same rules as there are for firearms, should apply to voting. The must have ID's, waiting periods, and FEES to exercise the right to vote... And for Abortions... And for Free Speech... And for freedom of religion...

When will gun owners just vote out all these liberal anti-constitution, anti-American scumbags?
Find
12-08-2014, 11:17 PM,
Threads: 21
(12-08-2014, 12:42 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: Of course the Gun Grabbers are just using this as an excuse to try to eliminate a popular firearm they hate.

The voters started to show up this past election and this past weekend in Louisana.
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
(12-08-2014, 12:42 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: Of course the Gun Grabbers are just using this as an excuse to try to eliminate a popular firearm they hate.

The voters started to show up this past election and this past weekend in Louisana.
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Find
12-09-2014, 12:36 PM,
Threads: 54
Yea thankfully elections are swinging our way. I don't know about il, cook county is the 9th level of hell when it comes to liberal ideas. And the rest if the state US chained to it
Find