Unlucky lottery winner gets IOU from state of IL
Threads: 376
Now this is REALLY PATHETIC!

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/unlucky...2015-08-31
Find
09-03-2015, 01:00 PM,
RE: Unlucky lottery winner gets IOU from state of IL
Threads: 142
He should be able to request a late fee to the State.
Find
09-03-2015, 08:19 PM,
Unlucky lottery winner gets IOU from state of IL
Threads: 56
They will probably drag it out so long that it will pass the date that he is able to collect then tell him he is out of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find
09-03-2015, 10:39 PM,
Threads: 35
He needs to call in the IOU and if they don't pay sue the state for failure to pay and breech of contract. This could potentially cost Illinois more than he was originally owed.
Find
09-03-2015, 11:30 PM,
Threads: 56
(09-03-2015, 10:39 PM)rwhite135 Wrote: He needs to call in the IOU and if they don't pay sue the state for failure to pay and breech of contract. This could potentially cost Illinois more than he was originally owed.

He should but you know that won't happen. Funny part is that if he owed them money they would force him to pay or garnish his wages. I would be beyond pissed right now if I was him.
(09-03-2015, 10:39 PM)rwhite135 Wrote: He needs to call in the IOU and if they don't pay sue the state for failure to pay and breech of contract. This could potentially cost Illinois more than he was originally owed.
He should but you know that won't happen. Funny part is that if he owed them money they would force him to pay or garnish his wages. I would be beyond pissed right now if I was him.
Find
09-04-2015, 06:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-04-2015, 06:40 AM by Dutz.)
Threads: 79
Charge them interest.

How does the lottery not have any money?

Oh I know, it's like the state pensions and Social Security, the government stole the money.
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]

Oh I know, it's like the state pensions and Social Security, the government stole the money.
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]
Find
09-04-2015, 07:02 AM,
Threads: 124
(09-04-2015, 06:38 AM)Dutz Wrote: Charge them interest.

Government views it's coffers as one large pot... That said the problem all comes back to spending more than they take in. At this point it in Illinois it is so bad that here is what is required to fix the problem in Chicago:

Increase property taxes 58%.
Increase the sales tax to 14%.

And let that run for 23 years!

The state, needs to do even more. It needs the state income tax at 9%!

I don't see any tax increase of the amounts needed, that of course leaves SPENDING CUTS. Since most of Illinois budget goes for Welfare of one kind or another, that means the democrats would have to cut WELFARE. Notice that is not even on the table...
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
(09-04-2015, 06:38 AM)Dutz Wrote: Charge them interest.

Government views it's coffers as one large pot... That said the problem all comes back to spending more than they take in. At this point it in Illinois it is so bad that here is what is required to fix the problem in Chicago:

Increase property taxes 58%.
Increase the sales tax to 14%.

And let that run for 23 years!

The state, needs to do even more. It needs the state income tax at 9%!

I don't see any tax increase of the amounts needed, that of course leaves SPENDING CUTS. Since most of Illinois budget goes for Welfare of one kind or another, that means the democrats would have to cut WELFARE. Notice that is not even on the table...
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
09-04-2015, 07:06 AM,
Threads: 124
I am surprised that Mayor 'Tinkerbell' has not come out and just said lets tax all the lottery winnings above 25,000 at 100%! The rich deserve to pay that much in taxes. Think of all the poor that need that money. No one needs millions of dollars. Tax these rich people.
Find