Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyoming gun laws
08-17-2015, 12:44 PM,
Wyoming gun laws
Threads: 53
I know this is a few years old, anyone have opinions about what they were doing?

Making a state law, to counteract a federal law? I didn't get to read much more on it yet..

Click here

Making a state law, to counteract a federal law? I didn't get to read much more on it yet..

Click here
Find
08-17-2015, 12:58 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2015, 12:59 PM by AcilletaM.)
RE: Wyoming gun laws
Threads: 82
The argument that the Interstate Commerce Clause doesn't apply to commerce wholly within a state has already failed in other court cases. I didn't think modern nullification laws have worked either. With marijuana it is still illegal under Federal law and can be prosecuted within the states that passed laws legalizing it. The second Bush administration did this when states started legalizing medical marijuana laws. States can pass laws for the state but cannot do trump Federal laws. However, some of the things mentioned here seem to get into a gray area because they are not nullifying Federal laws but administrative decisions.
Find
08-17-2015, 04:31 PM,
Threads: 79
You have three things it could affect. Federal Law, Agency Regulations, and Executive Orders.

Executive Orders have absolutely no bearing or effect upon anyone except federal employees and only during the execution of their job duties as they relate directly to the order. Executive orders are there to allow the president the ability to manage the business of the country("company") like any CEO. Nothing the president says in these orders can directly make me do anything or stop me from doing anything. No more than the CEO of Ford can make me do anything. The orders are neither law nor regulations.

Now he can order an agency to make regulations, etc. but that would indirectly effect me.

Executive Orders have absolutely no bearing or effect upon anyone except federal employees and only during the execution of their job duties as they relate directly to the order. Executive orders are there to allow the president the ability to manage the business of the country("company") like any CEO. Nothing the president says in these orders can directly make me do anything or stop me from doing anything. No more than the CEO of Ford can make me do anything. The orders are neither law nor regulations.

Now he can order an agency to make regulations, etc. but that would indirectly effect me.
Find
08-17-2015, 08:04 PM,
Threads: 53
Yeah I didn't have the time at work to look any of it up or dig into it much, but it seemed like the kind of thing that was more for just making a statement than actually getting the law to actually do anything. If they even got anywhere with it.. haha
Find