Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spare Parts...
08-01-2015, 09:21 PM,
Spare Parts...
Threads: 124
Ok, for SHTF, what gun parts are absolutely necessary for your main firearm?

In the HK world, certain roller bearing, and a complete trigger assembly, and a recoil buffer. In the AR15 world a complete lower parts kit...

What do you guys think is absolutely required?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

In the HK world, certain roller bearing, and a complete trigger assembly, and a recoil buffer. In the AR15 world a complete lower parts kit...

What do you guys think is absolutely required?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
08-01-2015, 11:05 PM,
RE: Spare Parts...
Threads: 35
For an AK a spare FCG, ie trigger, hammer, hammer spring, and pins, should be on hand. If still using a paperclip FCG retention spring then add that, too. If you use the plate, you don't have to worry about it breaking. The main part of the FCG that becomes suseptible to breaking is the hammer. This is especially true if it is a cast one and not a machined one.
Find
08-02-2015, 08:14 AM,
Threads: 124
Thanks for the AK info... Personally I figure the gun will outlast me. I've neve rhad a gun fail me, but I take very good care of them. But I also know all mechanical things fail, and usually at the wrong time.

So I am curious what others think on this subject.

So I am curious what others think on this subject.
Find
08-02-2015, 11:36 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-02-2015, 11:39 AM by Brian S.)
Threads: 21
For an AR most of the above is required, I would a few sets of extra roll pins, magazine release assembly and obviously as many magazines you can stash away. Don't rely 100% on your optics, be sure you have sights on it too. Besides storing an extra set of batteries in the grip, I keep a few Allen wrenches, a dime and quarter to use as emergency screwdrivers.
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Find
08-10-2015, 06:15 PM,
Threads: 0
It's always helpful looking up things to substitute or put in its place just in case somthing happens to your stash etc.....prep in all things I never want to be caught worn my pants down. ....

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
Find