Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SecuRam Electronic Locks
07-27-2015, 09:23 PM,
SecuRam Electronic Locks
Threads: 376
My newest safe came with a SecuRam Electronic Lock Pad. I am not a fan of it and I was wanting to change it out to a Mechanical lock. So while visiting my brother he and I we're BS'ing as I was complaining about the POS SecuRam Electronic Lock. So, just like any loving brother would do, he gave me his spare S & G Mechanical Safe Lock.

So, now I am doing the research to change this lock out and I came across the posted video. I am sure glad I am changing out the SecuRam lock. There is no security in this thing at all. After watching this video I was shocked at how easy it would be to change out the SecuRam lock and break into someones safe. Yes I know it's a long shot that a burglar may be able to or even carry a spare SecuRam lock but after watching this video, GOOD BYE SECURAM and hello S & G!

So, now I am doing the research to change this lock out and I came across the posted video. I am sure glad I am changing out the SecuRam lock. There is no security in this thing at all. After watching this video I was shocked at how easy it would be to change out the SecuRam lock and break into someones safe. Yes I know it's a long shot that a burglar may be able to or even carry a spare SecuRam lock but after watching this video, GOOD BYE SECURAM and hello S & G!
Find
07-28-2015, 06:30 AM,
RE: SecuRam Electronic Locks
Threads: 124
As with most gun safes, IMHO mechanical locks are better than electronic ones. However. most gun safes are broken into via the pry bar method. Where a safe is placed and bolted down is of the utmost importance. If a thief can get a safe on it's back, they could break into it in 5-10 minutes. Bolt safes securely to concrete floors and walls. The best placement of a safe in in a basement corner, with anchor bolts to the floor and two concrete walls. This also protects 3 sides of the Safe from attack. Mount the safe so that the non-hinge side of the door is against a concrete wall. The door hinges are usually tough to pry off. This makes it much more difficult to pry open. If you want to make it really tough pour a 6" layer of reinforced concrete over the top and exposed side of the safe. Extend the concrete 6-8" beyond the front of the safe. The concrete and rebar might cost me all of $35.

A professional still can either drill or crack most gun safes fairly quickly, but they are fairly rare in today's world. Safes should be thought of as a long delaying tactic for criminals. Try to make it difficult for them. A simple motion detector alarm system will summon police before most criminals can gain entry.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

A professional still can either drill or crack most gun safes fairly quickly, but they are fairly rare in today's world. Safes should be thought of as a long delaying tactic for criminals. Try to make it difficult for them. A simple motion detector alarm system will summon police before most criminals can gain entry.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
07-28-2015, 07:30 AM,
Threads: 79
(07-28-2015, 06:30 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: A simple motion detector alarm system will summon police before most criminals can gain entry.

And if you know how to program an $80 Arduino Yun you can connect a video monitor triggered by the motion, stream the video to Youtube and alert the police. They can watch the burglar live by logging onto Youtube.

http://www.amazon.com/Arduino-A000008-Y%...B00F6YJK3S
(07-28-2015, 06:30 AM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: A simple motion detector alarm system will summon police before most criminals can gain entry.
And if you know how to program an $80 Arduino Yun you can connect a video monitor triggered by the motion, stream the video to Youtube and alert the police. They can watch the burglar live by logging onto Youtube.

http://www.amazon.com/Arduino-A000008-Y%...B00F6YJK3S
Find
07-28-2015, 08:42 AM,
The safe is out of sight which is nice and the fact that I just got in the mail one of the safe covers my mother made for me. With the safe covers on most people would go right by it. The point I was trying to make was that you don't need any fancy to break into this style of lock. All you need is another keypad to plug into the safe and you can open it without any issues.
Find
07-28-2015, 08:52 AM,
Threads: 53
That is creepy that is so easy... And honestly there's a high enough chance that someone could find out the kind of safe and come back for it. I'd want to switch it out too!
Find
08-27-2015, 08:46 AM,
(07-28-2015, 08:52 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: That is creepy that is so easy... And honestly there's a high enough chance that someone could find out the kind of safe and come back for it. I'd want to switch it out too!

My brother had a new S & G lock set up and he sent it to me so that I can switch out the electronic one. I will try to get it done next week during my vacation.
(07-28-2015, 08:52 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: That is creepy that is so easy... And honestly there's a high enough chance that someone could find out the kind of safe and come back for it. I'd want to switch it out too!
My brother had a new S & G lock set up and he sent it to me so that I can switch out the electronic one. I will try to get it done next week during my vacation.
Find