Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to clear basic AK malfunctions
07-22-2015, 10:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-22-2015, 10:42 AM by rwhite135.)
How to clear basic AK malfunctions
Threads: 35
In the following video, Rob Ski from AK Operators Union, 47-74 explains how to clear simple malfunctions, such as failures to extract or double feeds, from the AK rifle:

If you have a Krinkov (such as a M92 or M85) or a Draco, you're not really going to be able to use the kick method to clear a stubborn malfunction. In this case you need to find a hard object, like a fence post, that you can put the charging handle against and use your body weight to push forward in the same manner that Rob used his foot in the video. When doing this, be careful with hand placement so as not to smash your fingers.

If you have a Krinkov (such as a M92 or M85) or a Draco, you're not really going to be able to use the kick method to clear a stubborn malfunction. In this case you need to find a hard object, like a fence post, that you can put the charging handle against and use your body weight to push forward in the same manner that Rob used his foot in the video. When doing this, be careful with hand placement so as not to smash your fingers.
Find
07-22-2015, 11:24 AM,
RE: How to clear basic AK malfunctions
Threads: 124
I am learning so much about Mosin's, AK47's, 74's, VEPR's and SKS from your posts. Having known almost zero before this year on these, I truly appreciate your posts. Ken Smile
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
07-22-2015, 11:48 AM,
RE: How to clear basic AK malfunctions
Threads: 35
Speaking of the SKS, the same methods can be used for dealing with those issues when they occur with that rifle.

Quote:I truly appreciate your posts. Ken

I'm glad you like them. There will be more to come as I think of things or as I go through Rob's videos and find a gem like the above one.

Quote:I truly appreciate your posts. Ken

I'm glad you like them. There will be more to come as I think of things or as I go through Rob's videos and find a gem like the above one.
Find