Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How often do you clean your CCW?
06-13-2015, 10:05 PM,
Threads: 55

I clean after each range visit but if I don't make it to the range in a month I'll break it down and clean it. Even more so during the winter months.

I clean after each range visit but if I don't make it to the range in a month I'll break it down and clean it. Even more so during the winter months.
Find
06-14-2015, 05:35 PM,
RE: How often do you clean your CCW?
Threads: 13
So far I have only cleaned it after use. I should probably at least pull it apart quarterly I would think.
Find
06-14-2015, 08:01 PM,
Threads: 124
I clean all my guns after each range visit... I check the bore for obstructions everyday, but don't clean it unless I discharge it. If I saw a lint ball in the barrel I'd run a swab thru it, but i see no reason to tear it down and clean it otherwise.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
06-16-2015, 07:02 PM,
Threads: 12
Definitely after a range visit. Otherwise, I try to do it every couple weeks or so, but have gone as long as a month. I've recovered enough lint from the bottom of my mag to knit a sweater. I want to make sure that stuff isn't getting inside the gun.

Winter was mentioned. I do it more often during the hot months. Sweat and humidity make me want to coat things in oil more, so they don't rust.

Winter was mentioned. I do it more often during the hot months. Sweat and humidity make me want to coat things in oil more, so they don't rust.
Find
06-16-2015, 10:38 PM,
Threads: 207
sad I don't clean mine very often....but, i shoot XD(m), and they work every single time.
I don't clean mine very often....but, i shoot XD(m), and they work every single time.
Find