Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Illinois Legislative Alert - SB836
05-30-2015, 10:27 AM,
Illinois Legislative Alert - SB836
Threads: 82
LEGISLATIVE ALERT - ACTION NEEDED NOW - SUPPORT SB 836

After months of working with the Illinois General Assembly on improvements to the Firearms Concealed Carry Act and the FOID Act, SB 836 is ready to be voted on.

SB 836 contains the following changes:

Firearms Concealed Carry Act:

1. Limits the waiver of privacy rights regarding the concealed carry application to only those records pertinent to obtaining a concealed carry license.

2. Clarifies that if a concealed carry licensee presents their ICCL during a law enforcement investigative stop that it is presumed they are carrying a firearm.

3. Clarifies the definition of a "mental disability" as it pertains to persons seeking a concealed carry license.

4. Eliminates the requirement that a licensee unload his or her firearm when storing or retrieving a firearm from the trunk of their vehicle.

5. Provides that Emergency Service personnel may ask anyone lawfully carrying a firearm to secure the firearm for the duration of the contact.

6. Changes mental health reporting requirements.

FOID Act:

7. Allows the use of a concealed carry license when purchasing firearms or ammunition.

8. Allows concealed carry licensees to possess firearms and ammunition without being in physical possession of their FOID card.

9. Changes the FOID Act to ensure that non-resident competitors may purchase firearms and ammunition at events held at the World Shooting Complex.

Please contact your State Representative and State Senator today and ask them to support SB 836.

Pass this alert on to all your friends and family.

Please post this alert to any and all Blogs or Internet bulletin boards to which you belong.

If you are not currently a member of the ISRA, become one today. join.isra.org

After months of working with the Illinois General Assembly on improvements to the Firearms Concealed Carry Act and the FOID Act, SB 836 is ready to be voted on.

SB 836 contains the following changes:

Firearms Concealed Carry Act:

1. Limits the waiver of privacy rights regarding the concealed carry application to only those records pertinent to obtaining a concealed carry license.

2. Clarifies that if a concealed carry licensee presents their ICCL during a law enforcement investigative stop that it is presumed they are carrying a firearm.

3. Clarifies the definition of a "mental disability" as it pertains to persons seeking a concealed carry license.

4. Eliminates the requirement that a licensee unload his or her firearm when storing or retrieving a firearm from the trunk of their vehicle.

5. Provides that Emergency Service personnel may ask anyone lawfully carrying a firearm to secure the firearm for the duration of the contact.

6. Changes mental health reporting requirements.

FOID Act:

7. Allows the use of a concealed carry license when purchasing firearms or ammunition.

8. Allows concealed carry licensees to possess firearms and ammunition without being in physical possession of their FOID card.

9. Changes the FOID Act to ensure that non-resident competitors may purchase firearms and ammunition at events held at the World Shooting Complex.

Please contact your State Representative and State Senator today and ask them to support SB 836.

Pass this alert on to all your friends and family.

Please post this alert to any and all Blogs or Internet bulletin boards to which you belong.

If you are not currently a member of the ISRA, become one today. join.isra.org
Find
05-30-2015, 12:24 PM,
RE: Illinois Legislative Alert - SB836
Threads: 21
Done...
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Find
05-30-2015, 01:11 PM,
Update: SB 836 has passed the IL House 83-23-3.

https://twitter.com/ISRA/status/604704644871409665
Find
05-30-2015, 04:00 PM,
Threads: 12
It is now on the calendar to be voted on in the Senate tomorrow for concurrence.
Find
05-30-2015, 05:35 PM,
Threads: 207
Huh!!
Find
05-30-2015, 05:37 PM,
(05-30-2015, 05:35 PM)mikereddot Wrote: Huh!!

?
(05-30-2015, 05:35 PM)mikereddot Wrote: Huh!!
?
Find
05-30-2015, 05:41 PM,
Threads: 35
Logic? Did not think that was possible...
[Image: ericsign.jpg]
[Image: ericsign.jpg]
Find
05-30-2015, 05:44 PM,
It's was like "huh!! go figure...someone is actually applying some common sense"

If I can't get my CCW Permit without a foid, then why do I need a foid once I get my CCW. I Should only have to carry one card.

If I can't get my CCW Permit without a foid, then why do I need a foid once I get my CCW. I Should only have to carry one card.
Find
05-30-2015, 05:49 PM,
I agree. Logic indeed! Who would have thunk it in IL

Since the bill started in the Senate, it should have no problem getting a concurrence vote. Little by little, we will get our rights back.

Since the bill started in the Senate, it should have no problem getting a concurrence vote. Little by little, we will get our rights back.
Find
05-30-2015, 05:51 PM,
(05-30-2015, 05:49 PM)Karl B Wrote: I agree. Logic indeed! Who would have thunk it in IL

Party
(05-30-2015, 05:49 PM)Karl B Wrote: I agree. Logic indeed! Who would have thunk it in IL

Party
Find
05-30-2015, 05:53 PM,
I've been telling folks that for months now. The gun grabbers seem to be loosing every time they are at bat, and we see to be winning more often than not.
Find
05-30-2015, 06:23 PM,
FYI...

Additional witness slips needed
Find
05-30-2015, 06:50 PM,
(05-30-2015, 06:23 PM)Karl B Wrote: FYI...

Done!
(05-30-2015, 06:23 PM)Karl B Wrote: FYI...

Done!
Find
05-31-2015, 11:07 AM,
I'm sure this won't make sense to most Illinois lawmakers,. If an Illinois drivers license can show restrictions (for as long as I can remember)...well maybe the process would also work for the ISP and incorporate a FOID and CCL onto one piece of paper. Maybe one day we'll see a DL, FOID, and CCL consolidated onto one card, well at least in states other than Illinois...
Find
05-31-2015, 06:01 PM,
Per John O

Good news for concealed carry holders the technical fix of Senate Bill 836 has passed on concurrence vote 43 to 8 and is now on its way to the governor's desk for his signature. Please politely call the governor and ask him to approve this fix

Good news for concealed carry holders the technical fix of Senate Bill 836 has passed on concurrence vote 43 to 8 and is now on its way to the governor's desk for his signature. Please politely call the governor and ask him to approve this fix
Find
05-31-2015, 06:15 PM,

Threads: 17
(05-31-2015, 11:07 AM)Brian S Wrote: I'm sure this won't make sense to most Illinois lawmakers,. If an Illinois drivers license can show restrictions (for as long as I can remember)...well maybe the process would also work for the ISP and incorporate a FOID and CCL onto one piece of paper. Maybe one day we'll see a DL, FOID, and CCL consolidated onto one card, well at least in states other than Illinois...

I want a separate card for the CCW, If I am stopped by LEO for anything, I have to produce my DL. If DL has a field indicating I am a conceal carrier, then the officer will verify that I have not done anything to revoke the CCW. I see a stop for DL, insurance and registration becoming a long drawn out process on the side of the road. As it in Alabama I do not even have to tell the office that I have a weapon if not asked by the LEO. I rather keep it this way.
(05-31-2015, 11:07 AM)Brian S Wrote: I'm sure this won't make sense to most Illinois lawmakers,. If an Illinois drivers license can show restrictions (for as long as I can remember)...well maybe the process would also work for the ISP and incorporate a FOID and CCL onto one piece of paper. Maybe one day we'll see a DL, FOID, and CCL consolidated onto one card, well at least in states other than Illinois...
I want a separate card for the CCW, If I am stopped by LEO for anything, I have to produce my DL. If DL has a field indicating I am a conceal carrier, then the officer will verify that I have not done anything to revoke the CCW. I see a stop for DL, insurance and registration becoming a long drawn out process on the side of the road. As it in Alabama I do not even have to tell the office that I have a weapon if not asked by the LEO. I rather keep it this way.
Find
05-31-2015, 06:32 PM,
(05-31-2015, 06:15 PM)Overtrim Wrote:

Yeah, I don't want a combination of anything. Here in Illinois we need a foid card to purchase firearms and ammo.

All I want is my CCW permit to make my FOID card obsolete. I want nothing to do with my DL and CCW to be mixed.

The right way would be to drop the FOID and CCL card all together, but we are decades and decades of that ever happening.
(05-31-2015, 06:15 PM)Overtrim Wrote:

Yeah, I don't want a combination of anything. Here in Illinois we need a foid card to purchase firearms and ammo.

All I want is my CCW permit to make my FOID card obsolete. I want nothing to do with my DL and CCW to be mixed.

The right way would be to drop the FOID and CCL card all together, but we are decades and decades of that ever happening.
Find
05-31-2015, 06:35 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-31-2015, 07:02 PM by Karl B.)
Quote:As it in Alabama I do not even have to tell the office that I have a weapon if not asked by the LEO. I rather keep it this way.

The law is the same here. There is no duty to inform unless the officer asks. However, they know before they get to your window assuming you are the registered owner of the vehicle, so act accordingly.
Quote:As it in Alabama I do not even have to tell the office that I have a weapon if not asked by the LEO. I rather keep it this way.
The law is the same here. There is no duty to inform unless the officer asks. However, they know before they get to your window assuming you are the registered owner of the vehicle, so act accordingly.
Find
05-31-2015, 06:39 PM,
Sorry,.post.was misunderstood.I.was using the DL.as an example. My.point is to combine. FOID and C L. I'd.never want the SOS to..have anything to do with dl's
Find
06-01-2015, 12:36 AM,
SB 836 on the way to the Governor’s desk
Find