Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need ideas
05-24-2015, 07:22 PM,
Need ideas
Threads: 207
I want to grow the forum and the chat room.

Any idea on how I can get the word out.

I will continue with the contest, but I need to have more people participate.

THanks

Any idea on how I can get the word out.

I will continue with the contest, but I need to have more people participate.

THanks
Find
05-24-2015, 07:51 PM,
RE: Need ideas
Threads: 54
Do you have signs in the store letting people know about the contest. Maybe try and corner something other forums are not. Maybe get some more focus on local issues. And the third thing post a lot more on Facebook maybe post updates of the contest their to make people more aware
Find
05-24-2015, 09:16 PM,
I do post in twitter everyday....have 32K+ on twitter. I do put on Facebook. In the store, i have the gun on display.
Find
05-24-2015, 11:12 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2015, 01:47 AM by AcilletaM.)
Threads: 82
Create a small handout describing the forum and what you are trying to accomplish with it. Instead of telling people about it and having them try to remember give them one of the handouts. Include it with the other training materials during classes and then ask them to post reviews of training if they would like. I don't believe anyone other than Ringo and I in CCL III knew about the forum. Include it in the bags with purchases or boxes with shipments.

Chat is probably harder. I've only really seen them used on sites where somebody has some information they want to share but they don't want everyone having access to it, Scout.com forums do this. Even then, it was something set up ahead of time. Arrange for some chats centering on certain topics like what should be in a IFAK or Robb discussing how to handle carrying when you get pulled over and then advertise that ahead of time. Topics that are quite big enough for a whole class but people would be interested in enough to join the forum to participate. Or maybe get an hours worth of time from people we would be interested in asking questions.

I don't believe Twitter and Facebook are that effective. Too much stuff in the feeds and sometimes not much information. Like this Twitter post:
[Image: image.jpg]
I can't tell that it actually for an active contest on the forum where I have to post to win it. If a lot of people are like me then they just look at the pictures and move on.

Chat is probably harder. I've only really seen them used on sites where somebody has some information they want to share but they don't want everyone having access to it, Scout.com forums do this. Even then, it was something set up ahead of time. Arrange for some chats centering on certain topics like what should be in a IFAK or Robb discussing how to handle carrying when you get pulled over and then advertise that ahead of time. Topics that are quite big enough for a whole class but people would be interested in enough to join the forum to participate. Or maybe get an hours worth of time from people we would be interested in asking questions.

I don't believe Twitter and Facebook are that effective. Too much stuff in the feeds and sometimes not much information. Like this Twitter post:
I can't tell that it actually for an active contest on the forum where I have to post to win it. If a lot of people are like me then they just look at the pictures and move on.
Find
05-25-2015, 01:31 AM,

Threads: 12
well word of mouth is a good way, i know i have already suggested to more than a handful of people to check it out, if everyone does that and even a fraction of the people actually do, that will be a nice little improvement.
Find
05-25-2015, 01:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2015, 01:48 AM by AcilletaM.)
Also, I've looked back at the emails I've received from RDA and there is nothing on them about the forum, though there could be.
Find
05-25-2015, 08:49 AM,
(05-24-2015, 11:12 PM)AcilletaM Wrote: Create a small handout describing the forum and what you are trying to accomplish with it. Instead of telling people about it and having them try to remember give them one of the handouts. Include it with the other training materials during classes and then ask them to post reviews of training if they would like. I don't believe anyone other than Ringo and I in CCL III knew about the forum. Include it in the bags with purchases or boxes with shipments.

I'll try to write something up. Thanks
(05-24-2015, 11:12 PM)AcilletaM Wrote: Create a small handout describing the forum and what you are trying to accomplish with it. Instead of telling people about it and having them try to remember give them one of the handouts. Include it with the other training materials during classes and then ask them to post reviews of training if they would like. I don't believe anyone other than Ringo and I in CCL III knew about the forum. Include it in the bags with purchases or boxes with shipments.

I'll try to write something up. Thanks
Find
05-25-2015, 11:30 AM,
Threads: 124
I tell every gun person about it. The real value in the formum is the getting to know people and the 'Ask an Expert' value. Everyone has opinions and that's really a great feature of it too! I value other people's opinions on firearms. And there is nothing like shooting someone else's gun at the range you were thinking about buying. That said, we live in a golden age of firearms. There are so many great guns out there.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
05-25-2015, 05:46 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2015, 05:53 PM by Karl B.)
Free popcorn?

Seriously, every time I've been to the shop there have been people waiting to purchase something. Make sure every one of those people knows about the site, and the promotion. Free Gun is something most gun store customers will look into. Hopefully word of mouth takes over from there.

Seriously, every time I've been to the shop there have been people waiting to purchase something. Make sure every one of those people knows about the site, and the promotion. Free Gun is something most gun store customers will look into. Hopefully word of mouth takes over from there.
Find
05-25-2015, 07:58 PM,

another thing you can use to your advantage is the section on your site that is for ladies. i told my wife and she is going to join today, and she can tell her friends. one thing i notice is no other gun site i have been on has that option, my wife and her friends never know what to choose, what is right for them. this is a way they can get expert advise.
Find
05-25-2015, 08:15 PM,
(05-25-2015, 05:46 PM)Karl B Wrote: Free popcorn?

Dang, I'm giving a free gun. I'll try popcorn next time.
(05-25-2015, 05:46 PM)Karl B Wrote: Free popcorn?

Dang, I'm giving a free gun. I'll try popcorn next time.
Find
05-25-2015, 10:55 PM,
Threads: 54
Can't it be both?
Find
05-26-2015, 11:01 AM,
[Image: PopcornGun-FullSize-Color-800.jpg]
[Image: PopcornGun-FullSize-Color-800.jpg]
Find
05-26-2015, 11:32 AM,
Threads: 21
Popcorn Gun

Is there a waiting period after purchase?
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated

Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Find
05-26-2015, 11:34 AM,
Threads: 79
With each purchase send a thank you (email, regular mail, etc.) that offers a 10% discount off your next ammo purchase when you sign up for a new login on the forum, and maybe another one after your first 100 posts, by then they should be hooked.

You might need to track the login and limit 1 per email, otherwise we might end up with Ringo3632 and Ringo3633 and Ringo3634 and Ringo3635....Puppyeyes

You might need to track the login and limit 1 per email, otherwise we might end up with Ringo3632 and Ringo3633 and Ringo3634 and Ringo3635....Puppyeyes
Find
05-26-2015, 11:38 AM,
Threads: 53
Take a backseat movies, popcorn has a new focus! That reminds me of that salt shotgun for flies. Lol

I've been trying to get people on. I'd agree with adding a small description and link to all emails, and a sheet to pass out in the classes. I think Acillatem is right that only him n I for sure knew about the forum and the contest in the part 3 class.

I've been trying to get people on. I'd agree with adding a small description and link to all emails, and a sheet to pass out in the classes. I think Acillatem is right that only him n I for sure knew about the forum and the contest in the part 3 class.
Find
05-26-2015, 12:34 PM,
(05-26-2015, 11:34 AM)Dutz Wrote: With each purchase send a thank you (email, regular mail, etc.) that offers a 10% discount off your next ammo purchase when you sign up for a new login on the forum, and maybe another one after your first 100 posts, by then they should be hooked.

You might need to track the login and limit 1 per email, otherwise we might end up with Ringo3632 and Ringo3633 and Ringo3634 and Ringo3635....uppyeyes:
This would be easier to manage if the login on the rda site was tied to the forum login.
(05-26-2015, 11:34 AM)Dutz Wrote: With each purchase send a thank you (email, regular mail, etc.) that offers a 10% discount off your next ammo purchase when you sign up for a new login on the forum, and maybe another one after your first 100 posts, by then they should be hooked.

You might need to track the login and limit 1 per email, otherwise we might end up with Ringo3632 and Ringo3633 and Ringo3634 and Ringo3635....uppyeyes:This would be easier to manage if the login on the rda site was tied to the forum login.
Find
05-26-2015, 12:37 PM,
(05-26-2015, 11:32 AM)Brian S Wrote: Popcorn Gun

Yes, 5 day plus you need the tax stamp because it is a SBS. Not legal in Illinois, California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York obviously. Also, Boy Scouts are not allowed to point these at each other.
(05-26-2015, 11:32 AM)Brian S Wrote: Popcorn Gun

Is there a waiting period after purchase?Yes, 5 day plus you need the tax stamp because it is a SBS. Not legal in Illinois, California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York obviously. Also, Boy Scouts are not allowed to point these at each other.
Find
05-26-2015, 01:59 PM,

Threads: 17
Mike I have only seen one site that chat worked and was effective. Even though it was "open" most of the time, it became a good tool and people participated when the "chats" were moderated and focused.

Pick a night (i.e. Tuesday) and schedule a topic (i.e. Safety, or enhancements, rifles, self loading, etc.) Encourage participation but discourage privates chats. It makes it difficult if 2 or 3 are discussing something not related to the subject.

Pick a night (i.e. Tuesday) and schedule a topic (i.e. Safety, or enhancements, rifles, self loading, etc.) Encourage participation but discourage privates chats. It makes it difficult if 2 or 3 are discussing something not related to the subject.
Find
05-26-2015, 02:11 PM,
(05-26-2015, 01:59 PM)Overtrim Wrote: Mike I have only seen one site that chat worked and was effective. Even though it was "open" most of the time, it became a good tool and people participated when the "chats" were moderated and focused.

I like that.
(05-26-2015, 01:59 PM)Overtrim Wrote: Mike I have only seen one site that chat worked and was effective. Even though it was "open" most of the time, it became a good tool and people participated when the "chats" were moderated and focused.

I like that.
Find