Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Current Illinois CCW Law, Changes?
06-09-2014, 07:50 PM,
Current Illinois CCW Law, Changes?
Threads: 55
What changes would you like to see in the current Illinois CCW law?

I would like see the places where CCW are allowed to carry be more relaxed. Crazy you can't CCW on public transportation.

I would like see the places where CCW are allowed to carry be more relaxed. Crazy you can't CCW on public transportation.
Find
06-09-2014, 08:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-09-2014, 08:18 PM by RJDSRT.)
RE: Current Illinois CCW Law, Changes?
Threads: 61
I would also like to see the public transport issue fixed. The cost is pretty outrageous as well, hopefully they lower the permit cost and the 5 year expiration (should be 10 with no refresher class).
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find
06-11-2014, 02:33 PM,
Threads: 51
(06-09-2014, 07:50 PM)Rodney Wrote: What changes would you like to see in the current Illinois CCW law?

I agree 100%
(06-09-2014, 07:50 PM)Rodney Wrote: What changes would you like to see in the current Illinois CCW law?

I agree 100%
Find
06-11-2014, 05:23 PM,
Threads: 207
I would like them to have it like stats that require no training. The 16 hours of training give people a false sense of security that they have plenty of training. You can not have enough. Then, there's the question of the "pesky" 2nd amendment. If it's your right, why do you even need the permit, but I guess that will be another thread.
Find
06-11-2014, 05:27 PM,
Threads: 61
(06-11-2014, 05:23 PM)mikereddot Wrote: I would like them to have it like stats that require no training. The 16 hours of training give people a false sense of security that they have plenty of training. You can not have enough. Then, there's the question of the "pesky" 2nd amendment. If it's your right, why do you even need the permit, but I guess that will be another thread.

That's funny, I just said basically this same thing in the other thread about training

(06-11-2014, 05:23 PM)mikereddot Wrote: I would like them to have it like stats that require no training. The 16 hours of training give people a false sense of security that they have plenty of training. You can not have enough. Then, there's the question of the "pesky" 2nd amendment. If it's your right, why do you even need the permit, but I guess that will be another thread.
That's funny, I just said basically this same thing in the other thread about training

Website Find
06-11-2014, 05:37 PM,
Threads: 207
GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!!!
Find
01-25-2015, 02:09 PM,
Threads: 21

I agree on public transportation. Additional places I want to carry are at rest stops and forrest preserves.

Huff Post CTA Crime
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated

I agree on public transportation. Additional places I want to carry are at rest stops and forrest preserves.

Huff Post CTA Crime
Find
01-25-2015, 02:24 PM,
Threads: 21
(06-11-2014, 05:27 PM)RJDSRT Wrote:

I don't feel 16 hours of training should be requiered by the state to qualify for a CCL. I agree that 16 hours is not enough for CC training. Training and practice should be an ongoing thing. CCW is not like riding a bike where once you learn you don't forget.

I may have some objections to this idea. Maybe the state could require CCW insurance just as they do for a drivers license. In turn the insurance companies can provide discount's based on hours of training and claims. I'm not only dead fast against FOID's, however in this case insurance would continue not to be required.

Everything I said is conflicting with the 2nd amendment, but then again I live in Illinois.

I don't feel 16 hours of training should be requiered by the state to qualify for a CCL. I agree that 16 hours is not enough for CC training. Training and practice should be an ongoing thing. CCW is not like riding a bike where once you learn you don't forget.

I may have some objections to this idea. Maybe the state could require CCW insurance just as they do for a drivers license. In turn the insurance companies can provide discount's based on hours of training and claims. I'm not only dead fast against FOID's, however in this case insurance would continue not to be required.

Everything I said is conflicting with the 2nd amendment, but then again I live in Illinois.
Find
01-25-2015, 03:54 PM,
Threads: 79
Public transportation, and all public places. That's where you need it the most.
Find
01-25-2015, 04:04 PM,
Threads: 13
(01-25-2015, 02:24 PM)Brian S Wrote:

(Maybe the state could require CCW insurance)
In the last 7 years I had my cars hit 3 times all happen within Waukegan all were rear-end all of the drivers that hit me had no DL & no insurance the last one was a cab driver. I no longer drive in Waukegan. By the way if you don't own a lot of stuff like nice car or truck one or two motorcycles a home you can drive in Il. with no insurance the cost if you get caught is $250.00 court fine now that's a deal. I know I'm paying more than that for insurance. Other IL. useless laws.
(01-25-2015, 02:24 PM)Brian S Wrote:

Everything I said is conflicting with the 2nd amendment, but then again I live in Illinois.(Maybe the state could require CCW insurance)
In the last 7 years I had my cars hit 3 times all happen within Waukegan all were rear-end all of the drivers that hit me had no DL & no insurance the last one was a cab driver. I no longer drive in Waukegan. By the way if you don't own a lot of stuff like nice car or truck one or two motorcycles a home you can drive in Il. with no insurance the cost if you get caught is $250.00 court fine now that's a deal. I know I'm paying more than that for insurance. Other IL. useless laws.
Find
01-25-2015, 04:05 PM,
Threads: 13
P.S. Total I had to pay out right around $4000.00
Find
01-27-2015, 01:28 PM,
Threads: 142
I've been rear ended twice at traffic stops at low speed. First case the guy had insurance, but had some other issue with his record, and the second one had a third rate insurance out of Chicago that I had to fight tooth and nail to get anything out of them. My insurance three years later apparently worked out whatever they could and I got a check for a few hundred, but three years!
Find