Trigger reset
Threads: 376
Interesting
http://blog.beretta.com/trigger-reset-do...-your-time
Find
05-13-2015, 09:01 PM,
RE: Trigger reset
Threads: 53
Good article.. It also makes me want to carry my XDm 9mm instead of the XDs. I bought both so I could choose which I prefer, and if I think annoy it in terms of 1 in 4 shots hitting the target... 6 shots seems kinda low, but 13 doesn't sound too bad! Food for thought I guess.

Also, now I wasn't too get back to doing some dry for practicing!

Also, now I wasn't too get back to doing some dry for practicing!
Find
05-17-2015, 03:00 AM,
Threads: 3
I've been practicing defensive shooting with my XDS on a forwarnds and backwards approach and with the extends 9 round magazine I tend to land 6 to 7 rounds. I believe that is plenty in any form of defense and the likelihood of you needing anything more is rare and overkill
Find
05-17-2015, 09:13 AM,
Threads: 79
Col. Grossman's books "On Killing" and "On Combat" go into great detail on much of this.

For those who don't know he is the author and lecturer of "The Bullet Proof Mind" and a former West Point instructor and psychologist, and one of the foremost experts on the subject of combat and post-combat related psychology.

And also a fun fact, the Sheepdog/wolves speech given by Chris Kyle's dad in American Sniper is Grossman's.

For those who don't know he is the author and lecturer of "The Bullet Proof Mind" and a former West Point instructor and psychologist, and one of the foremost experts on the subject of combat and post-combat related psychology.

And also a fun fact, the Sheepdog/wolves speech given by Chris Kyle's dad in American Sniper is Grossman's.
Find
05-17-2015, 02:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-17-2015, 02:12 PM by BelieveIn308.)
Threads: 124
It is a question of how many targets... with 3 targets 7 rounds starts to be iffy... It is why I carry an extra magazine. I always judge a handgun by how fast I can have the second round go bang and yet be on target. At the range get a 5 cross hair target, and fire 2 rounds at each area and see how you do.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
05-18-2015, 12:35 PM,
Threads: 53
I do enjoy doing that. Also numbering them and having a friend yell out a number for you to shoot so you have to adjust to what they call out.
Find
05-24-2015, 11:18 AM,
Threads: 21
(05-17-2015, 09:13 AM)Dutz Wrote: Col. Grossman's books "On Killing" and "On Combat" go into great detail on much of this.

I'm currently reading/listening to Grossman's (Audible Book) On Combat. I highly recommend it and will probably buy it in paper to read.
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
(05-17-2015, 09:13 AM)Dutz Wrote: Col. Grossman's books "On Killing" and "On Combat" go into great detail on much of this.

I'm currently reading/listening to Grossman's (Audible Book) On Combat. I highly recommend it and will probably buy it in paper to read.
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Find
06-11-2015, 07:53 AM,
Threads: 124
Ringo,

Thanks for that tip on having a buddy call out the quadrant. It sure makes things more interesting and fun!

Thanks for that tip on having a buddy call out the quadrant. It sure makes things more interesting and fun!
Find
06-16-2015, 12:45 AM,
Threads: 2
Ringo,

I like that idea. Adding in that little bit of uncertainty changes the whole dynamic.

I like that idea. Adding in that little bit of uncertainty changes the whole dynamic.
Find
06-16-2015, 10:28 PM,
Threads: 207
What we do in our Personal Protection in the home drills are have paper plates of different colors to call. You have no idea what color and where they are. That's always a favorite of that drill.
Find
06-19-2015, 07:05 AM,

Threads: 9
Good informational article.
Find