Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Posted businesses?
07-08-2014, 08:36 PM,
Thumbs Down  Posted businesses?
Threads: 61
Thumbs Down 
Where are you guys running into "posted" zones? I have seen most of the Jewel Osco stores posted BUT it only applies to associates on the clock, so dont let that fool you.

Name a few that you guys have seen, so we can build a collection of places to avoid and take our money elsewhere! Thumbs up
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Name a few that you guys have seen, so we can build a collection of places to avoid and take our money elsewhere! Thumbs up
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find
07-09-2014, 01:16 PM,
RE: Posted businesses?
Threads: 124
I saw one at Buffalo Wild Wings. I don't even carry, but I REFUSE to patronize business' that insist everyone be a casualty. I turned around and left.

I for one respect the property owners right to restrict weapons, as long as he respects my right to go elsewhere. I am sure the criminal element sees these signs too! What better places to rob and commit mayhem.

If you see such a sign, go elsewhere!

I for one respect the property owners right to restrict weapons, as long as he respects my right to go elsewhere. I am sure the criminal element sees these signs too! What better places to rob and commit mayhem.

If you see such a sign, go elsewhere!
Find
07-09-2014, 01:58 PM,
The round lake beach wild wings?

Website Find
07-09-2014, 04:12 PM,
Threads: 1
When it comes to restaurants that is a grey area... if the establishment's sales come from 50% alcohol then they are required by law to post the sign. Some restaurants come close to that so they post the sign to be on the safe side so they don't get their liquor license pulled.
Find
07-09-2014, 07:49 PM,
Threads: 207
Exactly, restaurants have to be given a little leeway
Find
07-10-2014, 08:32 AM,
The BWW is the one in Johnsburg. I really don't care. If I see a sign posted, I'm going elsewhere. Law or no law. Let them go out of business. They can complain to the State Legislature. There are plenty of other restaurants out there.
Find
07-10-2014, 09:46 AM,
Not only that, but those establishments are now targets, more likely to be victimized.

FOR EXAMPLE

AngryangryDodgy

FOR EXAMPLE

AngryangryDodgy

Website Find
07-12-2014, 10:58 AM,
Threads: 55
The Culver's up in Antioch has one on the "inner door" so your actually breaking the law when you step in the first door and see the sign on the second door. Nice of them. Devil

Fill out the comment card about the Antioch location and let them know what you think, Here -> http://www.culvers.com/contact-us/locati...ment-card/

Mr. G's (North Ave / Route 83) also have a sign. Not an official sign but a sign that shows no firearms allowed.

The Culver's in Grayslake doesn't have a sign.

Fill out the comment card about the Antioch location and let them know what you think, Here -> http://www.culvers.com/contact-us/locati...ment-card/

Mr. G's (North Ave / Route 83) also have a sign. Not an official sign but a sign that shows no firearms allowed.

Find
07-12-2014, 06:49 PM,
(07-12-2014, 10:58 AM)Rodney Wrote: The Culver's up in Antioch has one on the "inner door" so your actually breaking the law when you step in the first door and see the sign on the second door. Nice of them. Devil

100% on it! Thanks for the info!

(07-12-2014, 10:58 AM)Rodney Wrote: The Culver's up in Antioch has one on the "inner door" so your actually breaking the law when you step in the first door and see the sign on the second door. Nice of them. Devil

100% on it! Thanks for the info!

Website Find
07-12-2014, 09:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-12-2014, 09:37 PM by RJDSRT.)
Super MAJOR bummer... went to walk into MR. G's for chow tonight, only to notice the sticker on their door sad

I have been going there for many years, they have some of the best food in the area. Their Cajun chicken sandwich is one of a kind. I took this opportunity to have a brief conversation with the owner's son (the owner wasn't in) and he told me "That's just how the owner feels about the law" and "it is our right to put the sign up". I explained that i am truly disappointed by the posting and let him know that they are more likely to be victimized with the sign posted because any criminal element which may be present now knows they will not be met with resistance. He did not seem to understand that their cute sign will not keep their establishment crime free.

Stop in and let them know how you feel! I will certainly NOT be back there unless they come to their senses.

I have been going there for many years, they have some of the best food in the area. Their Cajun chicken sandwich is one of a kind. I took this opportunity to have a brief conversation with the owner's son (the owner wasn't in) and he told me "That's just how the owner feels about the law" and "it is our right to put the sign up". I explained that i am truly disappointed by the posting and let him know that they are more likely to be victimized with the sign posted because any criminal element which may be present now knows they will not be met with resistance. He did not seem to understand that their cute sign will not keep their establishment crime free.

Stop in and let them know how you feel! I will certainly NOT be back there unless they come to their senses.

Website Find
07-13-2014, 01:55 PM,
Well, sorry to hear that. You need to let them know you will not be back. If you are concerned about the Second Amendment, then you MUST stop patronizing them. When they realize many are staying away, and their business is being hurt they will change their mind. Do they tell Police Officers they must leave also? Do they just discriminate against law abiding Americans?
MUST stop patronizing them. When they realize many are staying away, and their business is being hurt they will change their mind. Do they tell Police Officers they must leave also? Do they just discriminate against law abiding Americans?
Find
07-13-2014, 03:58 PM,
I will never go back to Mr. G's
Find
07-13-2014, 04:58 PM,
(07-13-2014, 01:55 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: Well, sorry to hear that. You need to let them know you will not be back. If you are concerned about the Second Amendment, then you MUST stop patronizing them. When they realize many are staying away, and their business is being hurt they will change their mind. Do they tell Police Officers they must leave also? Do they just discriminate against law abiding Americans?

I did let them know that, and I hadn't planned on going back.

(07-13-2014, 01:55 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: Well, sorry to hear that. You need to let them know you will not be back. If you are concerned about the Second Amendment, then you MUST stop patronizing them. When they realize many are staying away, and their business is being hurt they will change their mind. Do they tell Police Officers they must leave also? Do they just discriminate against law abiding Americans?
I did let them know that, and I hadn't planned on going back.

Website Find
07-13-2014, 04:58 PM,
Threads: 207

If it's not an official sign, it doesn't count. Has to be the one that was provided by the state.

Guess i'll have to stop at Mr. G's and let them know that when i was a the light there yesterday, i was planning on stopping there in the near future. Guess I'll be stopping, 2 bad I won't be staying.

If it's not an official sign, it doesn't count. Has to be the one that was provided by the state.

Guess i'll have to stop at Mr. G's and let them know that when i was a the light there yesterday, i was planning on stopping there in the near future. Guess I'll be stopping, 2 bad I won't be staying.
Find
07-23-2014, 09:12 PM,
A good sign...

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2014/07/22...-business/
Find
09-19-2014, 09:32 AM,
RJ's Eatery in Lindenhurst at a posted sign near the front door.

It posted on a side glass at knee level. Huh

It posted on a side glass at knee level. Huh
Find
09-19-2014, 11:52 AM,
Threads: 53
We should get a packet together on why those anti gun signs are bad ect and include a guns welcome sign and distribute it to businesses we like to frequent. Possibly include that article saying it booster business? Maybe it'll help getting owners more educated/open to the whole concealed carry community.
Find
09-20-2014, 10:13 AM,
Threads: 4
I personally think NO SIGN. Just leave it alone. Green welcome signs invite trouble also. Folks then think it's fine to take their guns out.
Find
09-20-2014, 10:47 AM,
(09-20-2014, 10:13 AM)MikeRioux Wrote: I personally think NO SIGN. Just leave it alone. Green welcome signs invite trouble also. Folks then think it's fine to take their guns out.

Thumbs up I agree. No sign is a better choice.
(09-20-2014, 10:13 AM)MikeRioux Wrote: I personally think NO SIGN. Just leave it alone. Green welcome signs invite trouble also. Folks then think it's fine to take their guns out.
Thumbs up I agree. No sign is a better choice.
Find
09-20-2014, 12:41 PM,
Threads: 53
I'll agree with that. Not only are you right with both ways inviting trouble, it's a pain to have to look around for them.
Find