COURT RULES THAT “LIVING OFF THE GRID” IS NOW ILLEGAL
Threads: 376
Living free from government dependency is harder now in Cape Coral, FL

http://www.truthandaction.org/court-rule...w-illegal/
Find
05-09-2015, 09:14 PM,
RE: COURT RULES THAT “LIVING OFF THE GRID” IS NOW ILLEGAL
Threads: 124
Insanity is winning. Does anyone need proof Government is too Big and Liberty and Freedom are endangered ideas under Obama?
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
05-10-2015, 02:57 PM,
Its a money issue more people living off the grid means less revenue for muni's
Find
05-10-2015, 03:46 PM,
Threads: 82
Her alternative toilet was a 5 gal bucket.
Find
05-10-2015, 06:37 PM,
Threads: 207
That's bullshit.
Find
05-11-2015, 09:58 AM,
I have several homes in my community that are on private septic systems and well water. Some of them are also on Solar energy. The only time that changes is when the water table changes or the wells are infiltrated with sulfur, sodium or they just fail. Then they hook up to the water system. It's a choice and not a requirement in my area.
Find
05-13-2015, 02:01 PM,
Threads: 142
Whenever I see a story like this I check around. In this case I found something that counters it, as obtained from a forum (still not a 100% source of truth, but raises the question):

Robin Speronis is a fraud artist, literally a convicted felon for previous real estate fraud, only 2 years into a 10 year probation.

She claims the duplex she's living in was sold to her for $10 by an elderly woman who counterclaims she never sold it. The transfer papers appear to have been forged, so technically Speronis is a squatter. And the utilities to the property were turned off for non-payment. Then, due to neighbor's complaints the city posted the property as uninhabitable. That's when she cooked up the "off the grid" story to gain public sympathy. But most of what she said about it was a fabrication. Her "solar system" in fact is a small folding 300 watt panel, suitable for charging a laptop battery. Her "rainwater catchment system" is a 50 gallon rain barrel under a downspout.

This area in Florida has had a high number of foreclosures, and a lot of squatting in abandoned buildings, so the city's concern, and the neighbor's concern with sanitation is entirely understandable. They came to an agreement with her to open a city water account and pay for minimal use, about $10 a week as I recall, in order to legally use the sewer system.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/green-liv...z3a2xWasQ4

Robin Speronis is a fraud artist, literally a convicted felon for previous real estate fraud, only 2 years into a 10 year probation.

She claims the duplex she's living in was sold to her for $10 by an elderly woman who counterclaims she never sold it. The transfer papers appear to have been forged, so technically Speronis is a squatter. And the utilities to the property were turned off for non-payment. Then, due to neighbor's complaints the city posted the property as uninhabitable. That's when she cooked up the "off the grid" story to gain public sympathy. But most of what she said about it was a fabrication. Her "solar system" in fact is a small folding 300 watt panel, suitable for charging a laptop battery. Her "rainwater catchment system" is a 50 gallon rain barrel under a downspout.

This area in Florida has had a high number of foreclosures, and a lot of squatting in abandoned buildings, so the city's concern, and the neighbor's concern with sanitation is entirely understandable. They came to an agreement with her to open a city water account and pay for minimal use, about $10 a week as I recall, in order to legally use the sewer system.

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/forum/green-liv...z3a2xWasQ4
Find
05-19-2015, 07:53 AM,
Threads: 207
Hummm......

Not the first time I hear stories of prepping being illegal.

Not the first time I hear stories of prepping being illegal.
Find
05-19-2015, 11:37 PM,
Threads: 53
Good call SSPhoto. Still seems like something they would try to use as a tool to fight against preppers and people actually living off-grid in nature (legally..?). I could see the two motivating factors being keeping tabs on everyone, and also the revenue it generates..
Find
05-20-2015, 12:20 AM,

Threads: 12
i remember watching some show with bill nye and his neighbor who have green wars to see who can be more green, and i do believe where ever they are they had to stay connected because it was not legal for them to go completely off the grid....gotta love it, can buy a house pay my taxes on time but i still dont own it! no mater what in the end they still tell you what you can do with it.
Find
05-20-2015, 09:03 AM,
I love how the media treats Bill Nye. I am sure since he is one of the Medias Leftist, he is not going to lie to anyone. He is straight up a truthful type of guy..ok and Matt Damon is a conservative that stands up for gun rights and hates O. Yeah RIGHT!

Some cities have actually forced people to stay connected to the grid for the money. It is all about the bucks and control.

Some cities have actually forced people to stay connected to the grid for the money. It is all about the bucks and control.
Find
05-20-2015, 09:06 AM,
Threads: 82
(05-19-2015, 11:37 PM)Ringo3632 Wrote: Good call SSPhoto. Still seems like something they would try to use as a tool to fight against preppers and people actually living off-grid in nature (legally..?). I could see the two motivating factors being keeping tabs on everyone, and also the revenue it generates..
The off grid story came after she was caught using the sewage system without paying for it through the water bill. Her water was turned off for nonpayment. I believe she was even using the water until it was turned off.
(05-19-2015, 11:37 PM)Ringo3632 Wrote: Good call SSPhoto. Still seems like something they would try to use as a tool to fight against preppers and people actually living off-grid in nature (legally..?). I could see the two motivating factors being keeping tabs on everyone, and also the revenue it generates..The off grid story came after she was caught using the sewage system without paying for it through the water bill. Her water was turned off for nonpayment. I believe she was even using the water until it was turned off.
Find