Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
sticking ammo
07-05-2014, 10:04 PM,
sticking ammo
Threads: 1
I have a taurus model 941 22 mag. my problem is after 25 our 30 rounds i am not able to eject the emtpy shell cases out of the cylinder . if you have thoughts please let me know
Find
07-06-2014, 12:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014, 12:31 AM by RJDSRT.)
RE: sticking ammo
Threads: 61
First, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting!!

What type of ammo are you using?

Did you clean the pistol thoroughly before shooting the first time?

Certain brands can over expand in the cylinder, or you may just need a cleaning or polish in there. Some emery paper might help you with the problem spots.
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

What type of ammo are you using?

Did you clean the pistol thoroughly before shooting the first time?

Certain brands can over expand in the cylinder, or you may just need a cleaning or polish in there. Some emery paper might help you with the problem spots.
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find
07-06-2014, 10:16 AM,
I have tried cci and Winchester ammo. As far as cleaning I don't think I cleaned it before shooting but always after.
Find
07-06-2014, 10:37 AM,
Could probably use a good de-fouling. Do unfired rounds drop free?

Website Find
07-06-2014, 01:46 PM,
yes they do
Find
07-06-2014, 06:13 PM,
Hmm... Okay. When they stick, is it all of them that stick? Or just some

Website Find
07-06-2014, 07:34 PM,
not sure, i have not tried to pull them out one at a time to find that out
Find
07-10-2014, 06:55 PM,
Threads: 2
I assume it is a revolver. Check for lead or copper fouling in the cylinder. Give it a good scrubbing with a brass bore brush. Fouling in the case mouth area can cause this, especially with lead bullets. Good Luck!!!!
Find
07-11-2014, 03:44 PM,
Threads: 0
Stuart,

Can't say for sure if this would be the problem with your gun, but assuming the chambers are clean and the diameters gauge within specs, the chamber or chambers may be barrel shaped. This is usually caused by improper flushing of the metal chips during the machining operation. Just a thought, but I've seen this before.

Tim @ Red Dot

Can't say for sure if this would be the problem with your gun, but assuming the chambers are clean and the diameters gauge within specs, the chamber or chambers may be barrel shaped. This is usually caused by improper flushing of the metal chips during the machining operation. Just a thought, but I've seen this before.

Tim @ Red Dot
Website Find
07-11-2014, 05:11 PM,
Sounds like it may be an issue for Taurus to address! They have great customer service, it may be worth giving them a call.

Website Find
07-18-2014, 06:50 PM,
Two thoughts, first, Taurus revolvers have a tendency to lockup a bit when you are firing hotter loads. This includes the cylinder rotation and the ejector rod. Don't really have a good explanation for it but I've seen it happen on several of them. Letting the barrel cool down a bit then wiping some grime off tends to solve the problem.

Second, are you getting oil in the cylinder chamber? Oil tends to grab the fouling a bit more and make it into sticky goop. This coupled with hot expanding brass could lead to a few jams. I always run a clean bore snake through my cylinder/barrel as a final pass cleaning to prevent this from happening.

-Will

Second, are you getting oil in the cylinder chamber? Oil tends to grab the fouling a bit more and make it into sticky goop. This coupled with hot expanding brass could lead to a few jams. I always run a clean bore snake through my cylinder/barrel as a final pass cleaning to prevent this from happening.

-Will
Find