Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New gun purchase
07-04-2014, 06:01 PM,
New gun purchase
Threads: 1
Oh yeah, Hi everyone! First time here.

I'll be purchasing a new handgun in the near future and I'm a bit undecided on: Springfield XDM .45 ACP or GLOCK 21 Gen4.

I'm not new to handguns, I own a Springfield 1911 .45 TRP which is a good handgun however, I really like the new technology in polymer framed handguns.

I've been looking at tons of YouTube videos comparing the two, I guess I really like them both can only purchase one right now.

I will rent both at a range to see for myself how they feel and shoot but If anyone has any pros and cons, please feel free to reply.

I'll be purchasing a new handgun in the near future and I'm a bit undecided on: Springfield XDM .45 ACP or GLOCK 21 Gen4.

I'm not new to handguns, I own a Springfield 1911 .45 TRP which is a good handgun however, I really like the new technology in polymer framed handguns.

I've been looking at tons of YouTube videos comparing the two, I guess I really like them both can only purchase one right now.

I will rent both at a range to see for myself how they feel and shoot but If anyone has any pros and cons, please feel free to reply.
Find
07-04-2014, 06:22 PM,
RE: New gun purchase
Threads: 61
Welcome to the forum!! Get them both is your hands, the glock is very wide, too wide in my opinion. Either one would be a great choice though, its just that the XDM is going to be more comfortable.
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find
08-11-2014, 04:33 PM,
Threads: 124
I have the XD(m) 5.25" competition model. Extremely accurate gun. Less recoil than the Glock. But you have to hold both, and ideally shoot a couple rounds through each. I'd decide based upon grip and ease of follow up shots. Both are great guns. Having shot both, I'd look at what comes with them too. And extra mag or holster or case could make the decision for you, if you think they are equal.
Find
08-12-2014, 08:25 AM,
Threads: 79
Hi Scottie03, I also have a TRP and an XDs .45

Go to OnTarget, they have them for rent. You can rent one and during the same session, included in the price, you can bring one back to the counter and shoot another one.

They have the Glock21 Gen 4 for rent, and most of the XDMs

I just did that with the Glock 17, XDM 9MM, and a Baretta 92 A1. I may post my thoughts on another thread.

And if you chose one, come back to Red Dot to buy it. Smile

Go to OnTarget, they have them for rent. You can rent one and during the same session, included in the price, you can bring one back to the counter and shoot another one.

They have the Glock21 Gen 4 for rent, and most of the XDMs

I just did that with the Glock 17, XDM 9MM, and a Baretta 92 A1. I may post my thoughts on another thread.

And if you chose one, come back to Red Dot to buy it. Smile
Find
06-18-2015, 09:41 AM,

Threads: 9
I like the Springfield better, because the grip angle is better for my positioning.
Find