Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to pattern in northern IL
06-27-2014, 08:13 AM,
where to pattern in northern IL
Threads: 1
Was looking for recommendations on where I can pattern my new bps. I'm up in the Libertyville/Gurnee area but willing to drive a bit.

I have a membership at On Target but they only allow slugs/buck shot, and I'm looking to dial it in with bird shot. Not sure if the Bristol range is an option or not, but everyone I've talked to has fairly negative things to say about the place so I haven't bothered going to check it out.

Thanks!

I have a membership at On Target but they only allow slugs/buck shot, and I'm looking to dial it in with bird shot. Not sure if the Bristol range is an option or not, but everyone I've talked to has fairly negative things to say about the place so I haven't bothered going to check it out.

Thanks!
Find
06-27-2014, 09:29 AM,
RE: where to pattern in northern IL
Threads: 61
Welcome to the forum! Check out http://www.mcmillersportscenter.com
They have a really nice outdoor facility. Its about a 45-60 minute drive, but well worth it.
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

http://www.mcmillersportscenter.com
They have a really nice outdoor facility. Its about a 45-60 minute drive, but well worth it.
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find
06-27-2014, 09:33 AM,
Threads: 207
You can also try Bristol.

http://www.bristolranges.com/shotgun-range/
Find
06-27-2014, 06:17 PM,
Threads: 0
RE: where to pattern in northern IL:
Give Bristol a try. The only way you will no is to go yourself.

Also look into the McMiller Sports Center near Eagle Wisconsin. About 1 hour from here (Lake Villa.) Its a nice place to spend the day shooting.

www.mcmillersportscenter.com
Give Bristol a try. The only way you will no is to go yourself.

Also look into the McMiller Sports Center near Eagle Wisconsin. About 1 hour from here (Lake Villa.) Its a nice place to spend the day shooting.

www.mcmillersportscenter.com
Find
06-27-2014, 07:38 PM,
Threads: 1
Thanks guys.
Find
09-03-2014, 11:01 PM,
Threads: 54
Thanks for the heads up about on target. I wanted to fire some buckshot, but most places I go don't allow for it
Find
09-04-2014, 10:50 AM,
Threads: 0
Most indoor ranges will not allow you to shoot shotgun shells because the wads clog up the ventilation systems. Stick with the outdoor ranges for shot shells.
Find
10-09-2014, 12:52 AM,
Threads: 56
I have been to Conservation Club of Kenosha(Bristol) a few times and the staff was always very nice. Prices seem a bit high but they are just trying to push membership and to be honest by joining you can really save a ton of money! Actually looking to join very soon! Thanks for the McMiller link though think I will head up and check them out very soon!
Find
10-09-2014, 05:49 AM,
Threads: 51
Pretty sure you can do that at MCMillers
Find
10-09-2014, 11:53 PM,
(10-09-2014, 12:52 AM)jfergus7 Wrote: I have been to Conservation Club of Kenosha(Bristol) a few times and the staff was always very nice. Prices seem a bit high but they are just trying to push membership and to be honest by joining you can really save a ton of money! Actually looking to join very soon! Thanks for the McMiller link though think I will head up and check them out very soon!

It does save money. I joined about 3 years ago and I am happy. It's cheap enough to shoot pretty much every weekend
(10-09-2014, 12:52 AM)jfergus7 Wrote: I have been to Conservation Club of Kenosha(Bristol) a few times and the staff was always very nice. Prices seem a bit high but they are just trying to push membership and to be honest by joining you can really save a ton of money! Actually looking to join very soon! Thanks for the McMiller link though think I will head up and check them out very soon!
It does save money. I joined about 3 years ago and I am happy. It's cheap enough to shoot pretty much every weekend
Find
10-10-2014, 01:23 AM,
Threads: 56
(10-09-2014, 11:53 PM)fromtheplaines Wrote:

I have a cottage just down the road from it and for the savings it really does look like a great deal. Really thinking we will join in the next month or two. How is the range during the winter months? Are the shooting stalls heated? Forgot to ask about that
(10-09-2014, 11:53 PM)fromtheplaines Wrote:

I have a cottage just down the road from it and for the savings it really does look like a great deal. Really thinking we will join in the next month or two. How is the range during the winter months? Are the shooting stalls heated? Forgot to ask about that
Find
10-10-2014, 09:18 AM,
Yea the rifle house at the 100,200 is. And the pistol house I am 99% sure as well. During the winter it's fine. I normally shoot in the cold. No one likes to be out there so no one is at my favorite bench
Find
10-13-2014, 10:25 AM,
Threads: 124
I've been to McMiller a lot, but not enough to have a favorite bench! Kudos!
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
10-13-2014, 11:11 AM,
Lol it's on the 100/200 3rd from the door. To me it seems to have the widest distance between the support beams. My least favorite is on the 50 range the target is at an angle from the bench.
Find