Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carry Permits???
06-09-2014, 02:16 PM,
Star  Carry Permits???
Threads: 61
Star 
Who has their permits? How long did you wait?
I submitted for mine about 2 weeks ago, I opted out of the fingerprints so I expect to wait the full length of 120 days, but that's worth the wait to me. Dodgy damn Illinois...
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

I submitted for mine about 2 weeks ago, I opted out of the fingerprints so I expect to wait the full length of 120 days, but that's worth the wait to me. Dodgy damn Illinois...
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find
06-09-2014, 04:33 PM,
RE: Carry Permits???
Threads: 207
(06-09-2014, 02:16 PM)RJDSRT Wrote: Who has their permits? How long did you wait?

I got mine in 2+ months. As in isntructor, i didn't the finger prints. I applied before some of my students, and they got there before me... Damn Illinois...:@
(06-09-2014, 02:16 PM)RJDSRT Wrote: Who has their permits? How long did you wait?
I got mine in 2+ months. As in isntructor, i didn't the finger prints. I applied before some of my students, and they got there before me... Damn Illinois...:@
Find
06-09-2014, 04:37 PM,
I am impressed on how well they are actually keeping up with issuance!

Website Find
06-09-2014, 04:49 PM,
I think the ISP are a great bunch of folks.
Find
06-09-2014, 07:32 PM,
Threads: 55
Took about two months with prints but I was in the first batch that went out. Could be faster or slower now. Went really smooth overall. ISP really did a good job.
Find
06-09-2014, 07:42 PM,
Threads: 7
(06-09-2014, 07:32 PM)Rodney Wrote: Took about two months with prints but I was in the first batch that went out. Could be faster or slower now. Went really smooth overall. ISP really did a good job.

Thats decent. Do you find that ur more aware of surrounding now that you carry?
(06-09-2014, 07:32 PM)Rodney Wrote: Took about two months with prints but I was in the first batch that went out. Could be faster or slower now. Went really smooth overall. ISP really did a good job.
Find
06-09-2014, 08:07 PM,
Two months is not bad at all! They have tried to make the process as difficult as possible..

Website Find
06-09-2014, 08:19 PM,
Threads: 55
(06-09-2014, 07:42 PM)RunNgun Wrote:

Was always aware of my surrounding before, nothing really changed from that point. Overall nothing really changed except for a new belt and few new shirts. Big Grin
(06-09-2014, 07:42 PM)RunNgun Wrote:

Was always aware of my surrounding before, nothing really changed from that point. Overall nothing really changed except for a new belt and few new shirts. Big Grin
Find
06-09-2014, 10:12 PM,
Threads: 51
I'm going to apply in the next few weeks with prints. I'm hoping to have it by end of September. Till then, I'll be spending more $$ at RDA for their ammo.
Find
06-09-2014, 10:18 PM,
(06-09-2014, 10:12 PM)Mike25 Wrote: I'm going to apply in the next few weeks with prints. I'm hoping to have it by end of September. Till then, I'll be spending more $$ at RDA for their ammo.

With prints you should have it sooner than that, at least that's what I have been seeing so far.

(06-09-2014, 10:12 PM)Mike25 Wrote: I'm going to apply in the next few weeks with prints. I'm hoping to have it by end of September. Till then, I'll be spending more $$ at RDA for their ammo.
With prints you should have it sooner than that, at least that's what I have been seeing so far.

Website Find
06-11-2014, 12:41 PM,
Threads: 142

I took the course in January and got fingerprints shortly after. Applied online early February. In March, I got two letters from the ISP - 1. the TCN Number didn't match my fingerprints (their error; quickly resolved), and 2. they said I was missing the 16 hours. When I reviewed the certificate, there was a box that was unchecked (missed that, but Really? Bureaucracy I guess.) which I quickly checked and resent. Apparently the clock resets in this case because I just got my card last week. The first two times I called for status, they were "clueless" and unwilling to help. The third time someone else told me the guy who reviews these was out sick but he'd review mine the following week. I got a call a few days earlier than expected saying I was good to go and the card would arrive w/in 25 days.

Now I have to actually think about actually carrying now....a whole other lifestyle change which will take getting used to.
I took the course in January and got fingerprints shortly after. Applied online early February. In March, I got two letters from the ISP - 1. the TCN Number didn't match my fingerprints (their error; quickly resolved), and 2. they said I was missing the 16 hours. When I reviewed the certificate, there was a box that was unchecked (missed that, but Really? Bureaucracy I guess.) which I quickly checked and resent. Apparently the clock resets in this case because I just got my card last week. The first two times I called for status, they were "clueless" and unwilling to help. The third time someone else told me the guy who reviews these was out sick but he'd review mine the following week. I got a call a few days earlier than expected saying I was good to go and the card would arrive w/in 25 days.

Now I have to actually think about actually carrying now....a whole other lifestyle change which will take getting used to.
Find
06-11-2014, 01:01 PM,
(06-11-2014, 12:41 PM)ssphoto Wrote:

Nice to know its on its way right?! Big Grin Like I said, they were making this as difficult as possible. Glad to hear you got it sorted out!

(06-11-2014, 12:41 PM)ssphoto Wrote:

Nice to know its on its way right?! Big Grin Like I said, they were making this as difficult as possible. Glad to hear you got it sorted out!

Website Find
07-01-2014, 06:33 PM,
What..just heard you can now apply for IL CCW on phone...really??
Find
07-02-2014, 06:15 AM,
I just saw that also! So you do your digital ID and most of the application with the ISP on the phone, then they mail you the application so you can fill out the felony questions and attach a picture, and you mail it back to them. That should be really time consuming.

Website Find
07-02-2014, 08:56 AM,
Seems like a PITA to me. Just glad I'm done and my app is in.
Find
07-02-2014, 04:36 PM,
Well, kudo's to the State police to give us another option. My only concern, is what will go wrong with this process.
Find
07-02-2014, 06:10 PM,
^ anything and everything that can go wrong will go wrong

Website Find
07-06-2014, 12:37 PM,
Threads: 0
We applied in the first batch of applicants. Submitted on Jan 4 and received them a few days more than 60--don't recall any more.
Find
07-06-2014, 08:14 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014, 08:15 PM by Dutz.)
Threads: 79
Whichever Friday in March the first mailing was, we (Sharz96 and I) go them late the following week, so we were probably in the second batch mailed. We sent prints, all done with Red Dot.
Find
07-15-2014, 09:58 PM,
So I applied on June 18th and status is still "under review". Does it take at least 30 days to get to "approved status" ? I'm still expecting at least 60 days total turn around but just wishful thinking.
Find