Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C&R firearms {old stuff}
06-22-2014, 08:37 PM,
C&R firearms {old stuff}
Threads: 2
cummon guys, I know you got some old firearms to brag about. mosin nagants, garands, mauserk98k. sks, the outstanding springfield 1903 or 1903a3, as used by the us marine corps well into the pacific campaign. post up, and will do my best to post photos of my favs. PS. enfields and 1917s included
Find
06-22-2014, 09:14 PM,
RE: C&R firearms {old stuff}
Threads: 61
I wish i wouldn have traded that sporterized mosin i had :/
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find
06-22-2014, 09:25 PM,
Threads: 207
I'll get Ryan to take a few pics of my guns Smile
Find
07-05-2014, 12:45 PM,
Threads: 124
Gee, a Mosin Nagant might be a good addition, if I can find one in pristine, ecellent shape, maybe even an octagon receiver one. Most of the Mosin's I've seen have been pretty beat up and soaked in cosmoline. Mind you, I am going to shoot one, but why not look for the best?

Have you seen any really nice ones?

Have you seen any really nice ones?
Find
07-05-2014, 02:20 PM,
We have had some beautiful ones come through on transfers. From Bud's guns shop... of all places Tongue

Website Find
08-11-2014, 09:23 AM,
Welp, I pulled the trigger on a Mosin...It should come in this week. It will probably take me a couple days to de-cosmoline it... I'll have to get a couple boxes of the non-corrosive ammo for it. It's coming from Buds, it's sorta pot luck, hopefully it will be a decent shooter.
Find
09-01-2014, 05:21 PM,
Threads: 54
I have one, before you buy a lot if ammo. You may want to buy a few different brands. Mine likes tula hates hates hates sellier&belloit but loves the corrosive stuff. So you may want to buy 3 4 brands to see if there is something you gun likes.
Find
09-02-2014, 07:49 AM,
I have just finished cleaning it, and gave the stock it's second de-cosmolining treatment (heating with hairdryer and wiping off). I have taken to the range all of one time and fired maybe 40 rounds through it. I used the S&B and Priv-Partian none corrosive. And cleaned it as soon as I returned. I have not purchased any of the surplus Russian corrosive stuff yet. It shot extremely well at 100 yds. Mosin's seem to very popular at McMiller. I did talk to one guy there with one, and he said he uses his for hunting all the time. It would not be my choice for a hunting rifle. I thought lugging around a Garand was heavy.
Find
09-02-2014, 10:33 PM,
How did the privi compair to the s&b? Are you going to mod it, or keep it all original
Find
09-03-2014, 08:13 AM,
I plan to keep it all original. It really cleaned up nice. The bolt was a little rough, but has smoothed out. All the serial numbers match (except for the bayonet which needs some work to make fit). Actually quite a nice gun. The I soaked the bore in mineral spirits overnight to de-cosmoline it. Then cleaned it with CLP. patches came out clean. Just as a lark I ran some copper cleaner through it, and they came out filthy. Did that a couple times, and then re-cleaned it with CLP. Looked great.

I took it up to McMiller and shot a box of S&B and box of Priv Partisan through it. It was at a hundred yards and I really couldn't tell a whole lot of difference. Both functioned smoothly. I'd really have to take it to 200-300 yards to decide if it liked one of the other ammo's better. It does kick more than my other .308's.

I did see the ArkAngel stocks. They sure would lighten it up. And the rubber butt pad sure would be tame the beast, but I am going to keep it all as is.

I took it up to McMiller and shot a box of S&B and box of Priv Partisan through it. It was at a hundred yards and I really couldn't tell a whole lot of difference. Both functioned smoothly. I'd really have to take it to 200-300 yards to decide if it liked one of the other ammo's better. It does kick more than my other .308's.

I did see the ArkAngel stocks. They sure would lighten it up. And the rubber butt pad sure would be tame the beast, but I am going to keep it all as is.
Find
09-15-2014, 11:54 PM,
If you are going that route. The name escapes me but there is another type if synthetic stock that I think us around 70 bucks. It helps with the recoil. I changed mine up quite a bit. But it's all removable to get it back to stock
Find
09-23-2014, 12:25 AM,
I need to figure out how to do it to get a picture on here. But I just picked up an old Stevens 16 gauge single shot. Took it out for the first time. It broke clays left and right. It's so light and with the 16 gauge it may be a good birding gun. The only draw back was the single shot. But that US what practice us for......well also 16 isn't the easiest gauge to find
Find
09-25-2014, 08:35 AM,
(09-23-2014, 12:25 AM)fromtheplaines Wrote: I need to figure out how to do it to get a picture on here. But I just picked up an old Stevens 16 gauge single shot. Took it out for the first time. It broke clays left and right. It's so light and with the 16 gauge it may be a good birding gun. The only draw back was the single shot. But that US what practice us for......well also 16 isn't the easiest gauge to find

https://rdaforum.com/thread-145.html

Here you go! I made a tutorial for picture posting! Thumbs up

(09-23-2014, 12:25 AM)fromtheplaines Wrote: I need to figure out how to do it to get a picture on here. But I just picked up an old Stevens 16 gauge single shot. Took it out for the first time. It broke clays left and right. It's so light and with the 16 gauge it may be a good birding gun. The only draw back was the single shot. But that US what practice us for......well also 16 isn't the easiest gauge to find
https://rdaforum.com/thread-145.html

Here you go! I made a tutorial for picture posting! Thumbs up

Website Find