Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ordered a new EDC bag!
10-02-2014, 07:59 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014, 08:00 PM by RJDSRT.)
Ordered a new EDC bag!
Threads: 61
My current bag (which i have posted in another thread) has done well for me, but after a year is starting to break down a little bit. It still has plenty of life left but I wanted to get a new one before my current on was completely shot. Some of the seams are coming apart, stitching is not the greatest, and the material is not very strong. For 30 dollars, I got my money's worth out of it.

Here is the new bag Big GrinBig Grin Ordered from Maxpedition
[Image: sitka.jpg]

It has a crap load of storage, and built in CCW capable, velcro lined pockets (you have to buy the holster and mag holder separately, which I did). They hold the gun really well. In my current bag, I have my glock in a leather holster strapped in to the main compartment which works VERY well but this new bag is a major improvement.

My favorite part about this style bag is the ease of access to the items in the bag, including firearm access. A simple rotation of the bag puts everything right where you need it.
[Image: sitka2.jpg]

These things are built like brick houses. Check them out if you need a great bag!! Thumbs up
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Here is the new bag Big GrinBig Grin Ordered from Maxpedition
[Image: sitka.jpg]

It has a crap load of storage, and built in CCW capable, velcro lined pockets (you have to buy the holster and mag holder separately, which I did). They hold the gun really well. In my current bag, I have my glock in a leather holster strapped in to the main compartment which works VERY well but this new bag is a major improvement.

My favorite part about this style bag is the ease of access to the items in the bag, including firearm access. A simple rotation of the bag puts everything right where you need it.
[Image: sitka2.jpg]

These things are built like brick houses. Check them out if you need a great bag!! Thumbs up
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."

Website Find
10-02-2014, 08:04 PM,
RE: Ordered a new EDC bag!
Threads: 51
Very nice, congrats
Find
10-02-2014, 08:12 PM,
Thanks! It is hard to justify that kind of money for a bag, but I really do carry it every single day. I'm putting a lot of stress on my cheap bag which really was not made for EDC. I think in the long run, this one will pay for itself.

Website Find
10-02-2014, 09:28 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2014, 09:29 PM by BelieveIn308.)
Threads: 124
No it is not, not if it lasts for years. It is harder to justify buying a new bag every two years.

Just like guns quality in gear is a good thing, and will shine through when you NEED it most. When you are treking overland is not the time you need to worry about a broken strap. Plus that one looks like it could handle an IFAK as well.

Just like guns quality in gear is a good thing, and will shine through when you NEED it most. When you are treking overland is not the time you need to worry about a broken strap. Plus that one looks like it could handle an IFAK as well.
Find
10-02-2014, 10:08 PM,
Threads: 53
Two things that I do need on top of new winter gear... New bag, and I've been wanting to put some kind of first aid kit in my car...

That is a nice purchase though! You're going to have to do some follow through with some likes and dislikes pretty soon!
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

— Luke 22:36, NIV

That is a nice purchase though! You're going to have to do some follow through with some likes and dislikes pretty soon!
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don’t have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one.”

Find
10-03-2014, 06:56 AM,
Threads: 51
I've been checking this one out: http://static.511tactical.com/mag/media/...328_01.jpg

Currently I'm using an 8 yr old North Face Recon bag that has been through hell and back.
http://static.511tactical.com/mag/media/...328_01.jpg

Currently I'm using an 8 yr old North Face Recon bag that has been through hell and back.
Find
10-03-2014, 08:36 AM,
(10-03-2014, 06:56 AM)Mike25 Wrote: I've been checking this one out: http://static.511tactical.com/mag/media/...328_01.jpg

5.11 makes a great product, but I do not like how their single strap is centered. That makes carrying it uncomfortable. I was looking at a few of theirs as well.

(10-03-2014, 06:56 AM)Mike25 Wrote: I've been checking this one out: http://static.511tactical.com/mag/media/...328_01.jpg

5.11 makes a great product, but I do not like how their single strap is centered. That makes carrying it uncomfortable. I was looking at a few of theirs as well.

Website Find
10-03-2014, 08:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 08:39 AM by RJDSRT.)
(10-03-2014, 08:38 AM)RJDSRT Wrote: [quote='Ringo3632' pid='2638' dateline='1412305724']
Two things that I do need on top of new winter gear... New bag, and I've been wanting to put some kind of first aid kit in my car...

My trauma kit is in the front pouch of my current bag, and I switched the zipper strings to red paracord to make it more identifiable and easier to get if I ever had to direct someone to my bag - "go to that bag and get the trauma pack out of the red zipper compartment". Having been a fireighter/emt I can tell you that those little things make it easy when you need someone to help. I have had people bring be back some weird things, or nothing at all.

(10-03-2014, 08:38 AM)RJDSRT Wrote: [quote='Ringo3632' pid='2638' dateline='1412305724']

My trauma kit is in the front pouch of my current bag, and I switched the zipper strings to red paracord to make it more identifiable and easier to get if I ever had to direct someone to my bag - "go to that bag and get the trauma pack out of the red zipper compartment". Having been a fireighter/emt I can tell you that those little things make it easy when you need someone to help. I have had people bring be back some weird things, or nothing at all.

Website Find
10-03-2014, 09:19 AM,
That's a very good idea... I always have everything organized in my bag so I know exactly where everything sits (except some little stuff..) But that's an easy way for someone else to navigate. I'm going to use that idea.

I've looked up various first aid kits in general, have a little idea what I'm looking for... Being someone with experience, do you have any recommendations? Either goods brand, specific type, or a particular item that was useful?

I've looked up various first aid kits in general, have a little idea what I'm looking for... Being someone with experience, do you have any recommendations? Either goods brand, specific type, or a particular item that was useful?

Find
10-03-2014, 09:37 AM,
Emulation is the sincerest form of flattery. I am in the process of making paracord pulls for my bags in general. I will need to order some Red paracord to color code the IFAK one. I saw that in the picture of your other bag, and I think I commented on what a great idea that was.
Find
10-03-2014, 02:00 PM,
(10-03-2014, 09:19 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: That's a very good idea... I always have everything organized in my bag so I know exactly where everything sits (except some little stuff..) But that's an easy way for someone else to navigate. I'm going to use that idea.

My kit will always have 4x4's, a nasopharyngeal with lube, rolled gauze, trauma dressing, sheers, gloves, tape, alcohol pads, and a tourniquet. And of course bandaids, antiseptic, sting relief, bite relief, and aspirin. I think i also threw some ibuprofen in there.

As far as field dressing breaks/fractures, you can use basically anything around you to stabilize the injury. You just have to be creative. Your kit should also include paracord.

(10-03-2014, 09:19 AM)Ringo3632 Wrote: That's a very good idea... I always have everything organized in my bag so I know exactly where everything sits (except some little stuff..) But that's an easy way for someone else to navigate. I'm going to use that idea.

My kit will always have 4x4's, a nasopharyngeal with lube, rolled gauze, trauma dressing, sheers, gloves, tape, alcohol pads, and a tourniquet. And of course bandaids, antiseptic, sting relief, bite relief, and aspirin. I think i also threw some ibuprofen in there.

As far as field dressing breaks/fractures, you can use basically anything around you to stabilize the injury. You just have to be creative. Your kit should also include paracord.

Website Find
10-03-2014, 04:22 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 04:51 PM by BelieveIn308.)
hmmm... so many uses for paracord, maybe I should just breakdown a 100' of it and add it to my EDC... How much paracord do you include in your IFAK? Would 16' be enough in your opinion? After reading this, I am thinking I need to reorganize my bug out bag cause it is not really segregated well.

One last question, when you say 4x4's do you mean full battle dressings? And you use the plural so I am assuming 2?

One last question, when you say 4x4's do you mean full battle dressings? And you use the plural so I am assuming 2?
Find
10-03-2014, 05:57 PM,
4 inch by 4 inch gauze pads. they come in really handy for a lot of different dressings or cleaning. 10-20 feet is more than enough for a med pack. For a bag, at least a hundred foot length.

Website Find
10-03-2014, 06:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 08:14 PM by RJDSRT.)
That's my next venture. BOB and an med kit to include. And then trying to read up on how to use everything in the kit. Haha

Find
10-03-2014, 08:14 PM,
Even having the supplies can be useful in most situations, whether or not you are fluent in their uses. There may always be the chance that an EMT, paramedic, nurse or doctor are in the area and could use your supplies. That being said, its great to know how to use the supplies effectively! Big Grin

Alien - for good measure

Alien - for good measure

Website Find
10-06-2014, 08:26 AM,
I'm gonna take you up on that foot or Red paracord you offered me... Let me know when I can pick it up and please take a couple bucks for it. Your saving me money in not having to buy 100' of it and shipping charges, so I appreciate it!

Ken Smile

Ken Smile
Find
01-27-2015, 03:15 PM,
Threads: 56
Alright you have had the new bag for a few months now so I am really curious how you are liking it now and is it still holding up well?
Find
01-27-2015, 03:50 PM,
Threads: 79
(01-27-2015, 03:15 PM)jfergus7 Wrote: Alright you have had the new bag for a few months now so I am really curious how you are liking it now and is it still holding up well?

It's a Maxpedition. You can't wear them out.
(01-27-2015, 03:15 PM)jfergus7 Wrote: Alright you have had the new bag for a few months now so I am really curious how you are liking it now and is it still holding up well?
It's a Maxpedition. You can't wear them out.
Find
01-27-2015, 03:53 PM,
Ordered a new EDC bag!
Threads: 56
I know I am more curious about how he likes the bag after a few months of use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Find
02-06-2015, 08:59 AM,
Its great! Its been a lot of places and looks new. Comfortable to wear, and plenty of room for all of my junk Smile

Website Find