Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite cars?
08-26-2015, 10:47 PM,
RE: Favorite cars?
Threads: 12
I had the chance back in 1989 to buy a '69 GTO that pretty much just needed paint for $4K. I'm still kicking myself over that one.
Find
08-27-2015, 09:54 AM,
Favorite cars?
Threads: 21
(08-24-2015, 06:42 PM)140DB Wrote: Well... My favorite as a kid were the 65-67 GTO. Picked up a '67 about 9 years ago. The first year '64's are sweet but so pricy now.

Picked up a '68 Cougar XR7 just because you don't really see them often. Essentially a mustang with a longer wheelbase. It was somewhat an impulse buy but couldn't resist the price.

BTW: if anybody knows of a nearby shop that works on old Ford Toploader transmissions, please let me know. Haven't driven the XR7 in 3 years and needs a full trans rebuild. There was a guy/shop here in Lake Villa, but he packed up and retired to FL. =(

Top to get list - mostly nostaligic and the cars that were part of my teens:

1. 1987-88 Pontiac Grand Am (2door) in Maroon/Burgandy red - This was my first car and would love to find one in decent shape. It's a piece of crap, but I drove this thing to death. Lots of memories.

2. '86 - '90 - Foxbody Mustang GT 5.0 -- Car I always wanted as a teen.

3. '85-'89 Iroc 5.7 - Again a nostalgic car from my teens.

4. Mitsubishi Starion/Conquest - Had this car for awhile before my girlfriend at the time blew the motor. Quick little 4 banger with turbo.

5. Yugo - I know... you're thinking WTF? They were junk when they came out, and still junk, but such an oddball car .. Would love to find one in decent shape.

6. 1978 Buick Lesbare - first new car my parents bought. I snuck it out when I was 13 and crashed it.

7. M35a2 (deuce) - How cool would it be to have one parked in the driveway. =)

So this is my top realistic "to get" cars.

If money were no object cars - win the Powerball cars:

1. 50's era Mercdes 300 sl gullwing
2. '70 Hemi Cuda - I can only dream!!
3. '57 corvette
4. Shelby Cobra - year? Who cares. It's a shelby Cobra!!!
5. Bugatti Type 57 - something Darth Vader would drive. Actually.. would probably have to win the powerball twice to get this one.
6. Ferrari 250GT - probably the most classic lines of any car I've seen. work of art!
7. Copo Camaro - Gotta at least have 1 Coppo
8. GT40 - so ahead of it's time.

Your picture of the GOAT is incredible...
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
(08-24-2015, 06:42 PM)140DB Wrote: Well... My favorite as a kid were the 65-67 GTO. Picked up a '67 about 9 years ago. The first year '64's are sweet but so pricy now.

Picked up a '68 Cougar XR7 just because you don't really see them often. Essentially a mustang with a longer wheelbase. It was somewhat an impulse buy but couldn't resist the price.

BTW: if anybody knows of a nearby shop that works on old Ford Toploader transmissions, please let me know. Haven't driven the XR7 in 3 years and needs a full trans rebuild. There was a guy/shop here in Lake Villa, but he packed up and retired to FL. =(

Top to get list - mostly nostaligic and the cars that were part of my teens:

1. 1987-88 Pontiac Grand Am (2door) in Maroon/Burgandy red - This was my first car and would love to find one in decent shape. It's a piece of crap, but I drove this thing to death. Lots of memories.

2. '86 - '90 - Foxbody Mustang GT 5.0 -- Car I always wanted as a teen.

3. '85-'89 Iroc 5.7 - Again a nostalgic car from my teens.

4. Mitsubishi Starion/Conquest - Had this car for awhile before my girlfriend at the time blew the motor. Quick little 4 banger with turbo.

5. Yugo - I know... you're thinking WTF? They were junk when they came out, and still junk, but such an oddball car .. Would love to find one in decent shape.

6. 1978 Buick Lesbare - first new car my parents bought. I snuck it out when I was 13 and crashed it.

7. M35a2 (deuce) - How cool would it be to have one parked in the driveway. =)

So this is my top realistic "to get" cars.

If money were no object cars - win the Powerball cars:

1. 50's era Mercdes 300 sl gullwing
2. '70 Hemi Cuda - I can only dream!!
3. '57 corvette
4. Shelby Cobra - year? Who cares. It's a shelby Cobra!!!
5. Bugatti Type 57 - something Darth Vader would drive. Actually.. would probably have to win the powerball twice to get this one.
6. Ferrari 250GT - probably the most classic lines of any car I've seen. work of art!
7. Copo Camaro - Gotta at least have 1 Coppo
8. GT40 - so ahead of it's time.
Your picture of the GOAT is incredible...
Click Here ~~~~>Glock Often Imitated....Never Duplicated
Find