Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Amendment Foundation
01-10-2018, 11:15 AM,
Second Amendment Foundation
Threads: 142
Hello all,

Do any of your support the Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org). I'm a member already but wondering if any of you have experience with them. I'm not sure I can afford to support so many organizations (NRA, GOA, ISRA, etc.).

Thanks for any feedback.

Do any of your support the Second Amendment Foundation (www.saf.org). I'm a member already but wondering if any of you have experience with them. I'm not sure I can afford to support so many organizations (NRA, GOA, ISRA, etc.).

Thanks for any feedback.
Find
01-13-2018, 12:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2018, 12:41 PM by Dutz.)
RE: Second Amendment Foundation
Threads: 79
I do.

I attended their Gun Rights Policy Conference when it was in Chicago in 2014.

It was amazing. Alan M. Gottlieb is the real deal, and may be the best warrior we have in the legal arena. Most of the legal battles won in the past 5 years have their fingerprints all over them.

One session at the conference was a panel of lawyers talking about the various cases they were working on. It was like watching a panel of Seals and Delta Force talking about missions.

The conference is coming back to Chicago this year, and I will be attending.

https://www.saf.org/grpc/

"Come meet national gun rights leaders and your fellow grassroots activists at the 33rd Annual Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC 2018) in Chicago, Illinois at The Hyatt Regency O’Hare on September 28, 29, & 30th, 2018"
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]

I attended their Gun Rights Policy Conference when it was in Chicago in 2014.

It was amazing. Alan M. Gottlieb is the real deal, and may be the best warrior we have in the legal arena. Most of the legal battles won in the past 5 years have their fingerprints all over them.

One session at the conference was a panel of lawyers talking about the various cases they were working on. It was like watching a panel of Seals and Delta Force talking about missions.

The conference is coming back to Chicago this year, and I will be attending.

https://www.saf.org/grpc/

"Come meet national gun rights leaders and your fellow grassroots activists at the 33rd Annual Gun Rights Policy Conference (GRPC 2018) in Chicago, Illinois at The Hyatt Regency O’Hare on September 28, 29, & 30th, 2018"
Find
01-15-2018, 02:03 PM,
Threads: 142
Thanks Dutz! I've renewed my membership.

One thing I wrote to them about after renewing, is that they included a short survey about party affiliation on their mailed renewal form. I renewed online, but their website lacks this survey. Since I'm not republican, nor democrat, I feel that many Americans are left out in that they identify as moderates, independents, or the like.

It's really a shame folks are fed only the two choices in our representation.

Again, I appreciate your input.

One thing I wrote to them about after renewing, is that they included a short survey about party affiliation on their mailed renewal form. I renewed online, but their website lacks this survey. Since I'm not republican, nor democrat, I feel that many Americans are left out in that they identify as moderates, independents, or the like.

It's really a shame folks are fed only the two choices in our representation.

Again, I appreciate your input.
Find
01-15-2018, 02:43 PM,
Threads: 79
I have no idea what their party affiliation is or what, if any, public stand they take on other issues.

Their focus is the 2nd Amendment.

I put 2A people in three categories, 1) I want my guns, 2) I want as little government as possible, 3) It's the law.

These guys are all about the legal aspect which means you are likely to find some who are not republican on other issues.

In the movie "The Untouchables" a reporter asked Elliot Ness at the end of the movie what he was going to do now that prohibition was repealed. He replied, "I think I'll have a drink."

The implication, of course, was he wasn't against drinking, it was just the law.

You might find some of these guys say no one should have a gun, but it is the law.

Their focus is the 2nd Amendment.

I put 2A people in three categories, 1) I want my guns, 2) I want as little government as possible, 3) It's the law.

These guys are all about the legal aspect which means you are likely to find some who are not republican on other issues.

In the movie "The Untouchables" a reporter asked Elliot Ness at the end of the movie what he was going to do now that prohibition was repealed. He replied, "I think I'll have a drink."

The implication, of course, was he wasn't against drinking, it was just the law.

You might find some of these guys say no one should have a gun, but it is the law.
Find