Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOA -- National Reciprocity Bill
01-05-2017, 10:24 AM,
GOA -- National Reciprocity Bill
Threads: 142
I just sent a letter to Brad Schneider in support of this bill. I know, him being a Democrat and from past responses on other issues, he'll probably not, but it's worth sending anyway.

http://cqrcengage.com/gunowners/app/writ...sQXIk&lp=0
Find
01-05-2017, 12:11 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-05-2017, 12:13 PM by Dutz.)
RE: GOA -- National Reciprocity Bill
Threads: 79
I am torn on this. On the one hand as the Constitution actually reads, all gun control laws are unconstitutional despite what the liars and fools say.

On the other hand, the feds should not be telling individual states what they can do.

On the other other hand, when individual states deny Constitutional rights, it is the job of the feds to correct that.

On the other other other hand, this is not really correcting that.

On the other other other other hand, it is moving in the direction of correcting.

On the other other other other other hand, they need to actually state the constitutionality as they move toward correcting.

On the other other other other other other hand, I want it.
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]

On the other hand, the feds should not be telling individual states what they can do.

On the other other hand, when individual states deny Constitutional rights, it is the job of the feds to correct that.

On the other other other other hand, it is moving in the direction of correcting.

On the other other other other other hand, they need to actually state the constitutionality as they move toward correcting.

[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]
Find
01-05-2017, 03:29 PM,
Threads: 207
(01-05-2017, 12:11 PM)Dutz Wrote: I am torn on this. On the one hand as the Constitution actually reads, all gun control laws are unconstitutional despite what the liars and fools say.

Sounds like you have too many hands. Smile
[Image: ShirtConcept2.jpg]
(01-05-2017, 12:11 PM)Dutz Wrote: I am torn on this. On the one hand as the Constitution actually reads, all gun control laws are unconstitutional despite what the liars and fools say.

Sounds like you have too many hands. Smile
[Image: ShirtConcept2.jpg]
Find
01-05-2017, 04:10 PM,
Threads: 0
With great right comes great responsibility. The average gun owner will really need to ramp up their level of training in both time spent and quality. This is the big chance for gun owners to demonstrate what a asset we are to all of society. One poorly trained and poorly prepared CCL holder makes us all look bad.
Find
01-05-2017, 08:56 PM,
Threads: 124
Steve,

Training never goes away. I still try real hard not to have my weapon print while carrying. I practice the draw a couple days a week. Today I stopped in at RDA and there was an interesting conversation about situational awareness, which is really important. You can discuss things like that, but if the curtain goes up will you remember and put it into practice. We can learn something all the time. I find I learn so much with every class I take, and how much I really don't know. And I have been shooting for decades. I learn things on this forum all the time too. I took the RSO class a few months ago, and this weekend re-read the NRA handouts. We truly are ambassadors to the shooting sports. And you are so right about CCL holders needing to do things by the book and being model citizens. Especially in the People's Republic of Illinois. Training, Training and Training... Sometimes I wonder if I should not take the NRA instructor classes just to be able to bring more into the shooting sports. When I think about stuff like that is when I realize just how much I don't know.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper

Training never goes away. I still try real hard not to have my weapon print while carrying. I practice the draw a couple days a week. Today I stopped in at RDA and there was an interesting conversation about situational awareness, which is really important. You can discuss things like that, but if the curtain goes up will you remember and put it into practice. We can learn something all the time. I find I learn so much with every class I take, and how much I really don't know. And I have been shooting for decades. I learn things on this forum all the time too. I took the RSO class a few months ago, and this weekend re-read the NRA handouts. We truly are ambassadors to the shooting sports. And you are so right about CCL holders needing to do things by the book and being model citizens. Especially in the People's Republic of Illinois. Training, Training and Training... Sometimes I wonder if I should not take the NRA instructor classes just to be able to bring more into the shooting sports. When I think about stuff like that is when I realize just how much I don't know.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
01-06-2017, 10:00 AM,
Threads: 376

I will give the other hands to Dutz. This could be really good and it could be bad. Having the Feds involved in anything, generally is not good. What precedence would this set or was it set by Obamacare? The Feds actually doing something in the positive direction with the 2nd tells me the shoe is going to drop somewhere just over the horizon.

I will give the other hands to Dutz. This could be really good and it could be bad. Having the Feds involved in anything, generally is not good. What precedence would this set or was it set by Obamacare? The Feds actually doing something in the positive direction with the 2nd tells me the shoe is going to drop somewhere just over the horizon.
Find