Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glock 21 First Impressions...
11-25-2016, 05:29 PM,
Glock 21 First Impressions...
Threads: 124
Ok, I am no longer Glock free. I purchased a Glock 21 a few weeks ago. I have now put about 150 rounds through it. I don't see what the hype is all about. The sights are terrible. The trigger is Ok, but was expecting far better on a gun of this cost. It ate all the rounds so far save one, which upon further examination was a ammo issue (The bullet was seated almost a tenth of an inch too deep), so it was not the fault of the gun or magazine. I find accuracy to be about on par with Springfield but less than my 1911. Overall the gun may grow on me, but the idea of "Glock Perfection" is far from valid. At least the gun is comfortable to shoot and in this humble shooters opinion is better option than the Glock 19. I can't help wondering if the better choice is the Glock 20 in 10mm.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
11-28-2016, 10:14 AM,
RE: Glock 21 First Impressions...
Threads: 376
I don't own a 10mm and I have finally resolved to stick with 380, 9, 40, and 45. The only thing other than sites, I am doing to all seven of my G's is replacing the trigger with one from OC Custom. http://www.occustomtriggers.com/ and adding a 4.5 or 5lb ghost connector. On two of my G's I will add a 3.5lb connector.
For $70 bucks you are all in. Glocks are for some and not for some. I have Glocks, Ruger, Sig, 1911, and I have my eye on a HK VP9. But glock is my preferred choice for CCW and for Comp shooting.

Its the same way with my brother, years ago I did not realize how much he was into the G's but he is, and he loves them. Yeah the sites and the triggers are little to be desired but that is easily fixed.

Try shooting the Long slide version or the comp version of the G21 which is the G41.

http://www.glockmeister.com/GlockLubrication.asp

Enjoy!
http://www.occustomtriggers.com/ and adding a 4.5 or 5lb ghost connector. On two of my G's I will add a 3.5lb connector.
For $70 bucks you are all in. Glocks are for some and not for some. I have Glocks, Ruger, Sig, 1911, and I have my eye on a HK VP9. But glock is my preferred choice for CCW and for Comp shooting.

Its the same way with my brother, years ago I did not realize how much he was into the G's but he is, and he loves them. Yeah the sites and the triggers are little to be desired but that is easily fixed.

Try shooting the Long slide version or the comp version of the G21 which is the G41.

Enjoy!
Find
11-30-2016, 06:30 AM,
Threads: 35
I'm not a Glock guy. I don't own a single one but I've fired many going back to the original Glock 17, which was a Pittsburgh PD issued piece one of my neighbor's carried on the job. I much prefer HK and Sig when it comes to the big 3 Teutonic manufacturers. Walther has really stepped up their game recently, too.
Find
12-01-2016, 03:28 AM,
Threads: 207
(11-28-2016, 10:14 AM)bradberry Wrote: I don't own a 10mm and I have finally resolved to stick with 380, 9, 40, and 45. The only thing other than sites, I am doing to all seven of my G's is replacing the trigger with one from OC Custom. http://www.occustomtriggers.com/ and adding a 4.5 or 5lb ghost connector. On two of my G's I will add a 3.5lb connector.

Enjoy!

Sounds like you've got to spend $70 bucks to convert your G to an Xd. Smile
[Image: ShirtConcept2.jpg]
(11-28-2016, 10:14 AM)bradberry Wrote: I don't own a 10mm and I have finally resolved to stick with 380, 9, 40, and 45. The only thing other than sites, I am doing to all seven of my G's is replacing the trigger with one from OC Custom. http://www.occustomtriggers.com/ and adding a 4.5 or 5lb ghost connector. On two of my G's I will add a 3.5lb connector.

Enjoy!
Find
12-01-2016, 09:28 AM,
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah but an XD is still just an XD. It will never be a Glock. I really don't care for the sights or the trigger. I shot of friends XD and I felt like, how I was holding the grip was directing the barrel off target. When I pick up my Glock (any one of them) the ergonomics feels better aligned with me rather than the angle of the grip.

WELCOME BACK !

[/quote]

Yeah but an XD is still just an XD. It will never be a Glock. I really don't care for the sights or the trigger. I shot of friends XD and I felt like, how I was holding the grip was directing the barrel off target. When I pick up my Glock (any one of them) the ergonomics feels better aligned with me rather than the angle of the grip.

WELCOME BACK !
Find
12-01-2016, 05:44 PM,
Yeah, I feel like that everytime I hold the Glock. It's just not the right sigh picture or grip. It's not like a 1911, that I was raised on. Glock and ergonomics used in the same sentence? LOL... I have larger hands, almost all the Glocks have these finger grooves for midgets. Some say the grips were designed for women. Add to the high cost that you need to redo the sights and trigger right out of the box, and I can see why people gravitate in other directions. So far my G21 is an OK gun, minus the lousy grip, poor sights, and bad trigger. I much prefer my XDm or FNS-9. But maybe the Glock will grow on me. It is reliable. It has been accurate. But for a $630 gun I expected much more. By the time I add new sights and a trigger part (about $130), I could have bought a second Remington R1 Enchanced (1911) for the same money. Time will tell. I am not giving up on the Glock G21 yet.
Find
12-02-2016, 09:44 AM,
(12-01-2016, 05:44 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: Yeah, I feel like that everytime I hold the Glock. It's just not the right sigh picture or grip. It's not like a 1911, that I was raised on. Glock and ergonomics used in the same sentence? LOL... I have larger hands, almost all the Glocks have these finger grooves for midgets. Some say the grips were designed for women. Add to the high cost that you need to redo the sights and trigger right out of the box, and I can see why people gravitate in other directions. So far my G21 is an OK gun, minus the lousy grip, poor sights, and bad trigger. I much prefer my XDm or FNS-9. But maybe the Glock will grow on me. It is reliable. It has been accurate. But for a $630 gun I expected much more. By the time I add new sights and a trigger part (about $130), I could have bought a second Remington R1 Enchanced (1911) for the same money. Time will tell. I am not giving up on the Glock G21 yet.

I just bought my 21 and the cost was ( I think) 549 plus 10 for the background. Just paid 465 for for my G43.
(12-01-2016, 05:44 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: Yeah, I feel like that everytime I hold the Glock. It's just not the right sigh picture or grip. It's not like a 1911, that I was raised on. Glock and ergonomics used in the same sentence? LOL... I have larger hands, almost all the Glocks have these finger grooves for midgets. Some say the grips were designed for women. Add to the high cost that you need to redo the sights and trigger right out of the box, and I can see why people gravitate in other directions. So far my G21 is an OK gun, minus the lousy grip, poor sights, and bad trigger. I much prefer my XDm or FNS-9. But maybe the Glock will grow on me. It is reliable. It has been accurate. But for a $630 gun I expected much more. By the time I add new sights and a trigger part (about $130), I could have bought a second Remington R1 Enchanced (1911) for the same money. Time will tell. I am not giving up on the Glock G21 yet.

I just bought my 21 and the cost was ( I think) 549 plus 10 for the background. Just paid 465 for for my G43.
Find
12-02-2016, 03:44 PM,
Threads: 207
I"m actually considering to get a G19. Not sure why...
Find
12-02-2016, 05:36 PM,
Threads: 12
(11-25-2016, 05:29 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: Ok, I am no longer Glock free. I purchased a Glock 21 a few weeks ago. I have now put about 150 rounds through it. I don't see what the hype is all about. The sights are terrible. The trigger is Ok, but was expecting far better on a gun of this cost. It ate all the rounds so far save one, which upon further examination was a ammo issue (The bullet was seated almost a tenth of an inch too deep), so it was not the fault of the gun or magazine. I find accuracy to be about on par with Springfield but less than my 1911. Overall the gun may grow on me, but the idea of "Glock Perfection" is far from valid. At least the gun is comfortable to shoot and in this humble shooters opinion is better option than the Glock 19. I can't help wondering if the better choice is the Glock 20 in 10mm.

We are having a half off sight installation coming up. Come on in and I will upgrade those sights for you Thumbs up
(11-25-2016, 05:29 PM)BelieveIn308 Wrote: Ok, I am no longer Glock free. I purchased a Glock 21 a few weeks ago. I have now put about 150 rounds through it. I don't see what the hype is all about. The sights are terrible. The trigger is Ok, but was expecting far better on a gun of this cost. It ate all the rounds so far save one, which upon further examination was a ammo issue (The bullet was seated almost a tenth of an inch too deep), so it was not the fault of the gun or magazine. I find accuracy to be about on par with Springfield but less than my 1911. Overall the gun may grow on me, but the idea of "Glock Perfection" is far from valid. At least the gun is comfortable to shoot and in this humble shooters opinion is better option than the Glock 19. I can't help wondering if the better choice is the Glock 20 in 10mm.
We are having a half off sight installation coming up. Come on in and I will upgrade those sights for you Thumbs up
Website Find
12-08-2016, 10:33 PM,
I took advantage of the special deal on the sights! Eric took care of it, but I am sure I will have other work this summer!
Find