Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Is Being Anti-Open Carry Anti-Second Amendment?- DEBATE HERE!
10-17-2016, 11:21 AM,
Is Being Anti-Open Carry Anti-Second Amendment?- DEBATE HERE!
Threads: 966
Is Being Anti-Open Carry Anti-Second Amendment?

I posted something about open carry in my facebook page and I got 50+ comments and 100+ likes! Crazy hot subject right now! Some say people are crazy to open carry, because someone could take it from them. Yet, police do it all the time. What is your opinion?
Is Being Anti-Open Carry Anti-Second Amendment?

I posted something about open carry in my facebook page and I got 50+ comments and 100+ likes! Crazy hot subject right now! Some say people are crazy to open carry, because someone could take it from them. Yet, police do it all the time. What is your opinion?
Find
10-17-2016, 07:36 PM,
RE: Is Being Anti-Open Carry Anti-Second Amendment?- DEBATE HERE!
Threads: 79
I think this is one of the those things where people state opinions that sound logical, but they really don't have because they really don't have experience.

I have never opened carried, so on the one hand someone could take it sounds logical, but on the other hand it sounds rather illogical that anyone would really try.

If you were looking to mug someone and two people walked by, one carrying openly and one not, do you really think you would go after the one with the gun knowing you had to disarm them first? The more I think about it, the less logical it actually sounds.

I think the truth is open carrying requires a lot more commitment and you can't hide you are a gun owner and carrier. This is not something a lot of people might be ready to do, so saying "someone could take it" allows a defensible excuse to not make the commitment, i.e. open carrying requires public declaration you are all the things liberal's hate.
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]

I have never opened carried, so on the one hand someone could take it sounds logical, but on the other hand it sounds rather illogical that anyone would really try.

If you were looking to mug someone and two people walked by, one carrying openly and one not, do you really think you would go after the one with the gun knowing you had to disarm them first? The more I think about it, the less logical it actually sounds.

I think the truth is open carrying requires a lot more commitment and you can't hide you are a gun owner and carrier. This is not something a lot of people might be ready to do, so saying "someone could take it" allows a defensible excuse to not make the commitment, i.e. open carrying requires public declaration you are all the things liberal's hate.
Find
10-18-2016, 02:36 PM,
Threads: 124
(10-17-2016, 07:36 PM)Dutz Wrote: I think this is one of the those things where people state opinions that sound logical, but they really don't have because they really don't have experience.

To me Open Carry, means you can be a target as well. With concealed carry you may be able to avoid an active shooter, leaving the unarmed to their fate.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
(10-17-2016, 07:36 PM)Dutz Wrote: I think this is one of the those things where people state opinions that sound logical, but they really don't have because they really don't have experience.

To me Open Carry, means you can be a target as well. With concealed carry you may be able to avoid an active shooter, leaving the unarmed to their fate.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
10-19-2016, 09:11 AM,
Threads: 376
I have had my Oregon CHL since 1998 and I have open carried in the public's view only a few times. Mainly after I was done hunting and stopped off at the store to pick something up or get a bite to eat. I have been with my son as he has open carried (I was concealed) and it really gave me a different perspective on OC. It was interesting watching people react to his OC. Here in my little (23k) rural town it is more common to see OC people. My situational awareness is always heightened when I see a person with an OC. We had a case here recently about OC. http://www.nrtoday.com/news/government/d...d46cc.html

“I don’t want to be confrontational, but it’s a violation of the law to use the color of authority to attempt to chill someone’s rights, and it is absolutely in this state and in this country a right to keep and bear arms,” Cook said.
http://www.nrtoday.com/news/government/d...d46cc.html

“I don’t want to be confrontational, but it’s a violation of the law to use the color of authority to attempt to chill someone’s rights, and it is absolutely in this state and in this country a right to keep and bear arms,” Cook said.
Find
10-19-2016, 03:01 PM,
Threads: 79
For me, if I saw someone open carrying it would be like seeing someone with a sports jersey from my favorite team. I would think cool, one of us.
Find
12-13-2016, 11:53 AM,
Threads: 0
I open carry. Never a problem with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Find
12-13-2016, 12:53 PM,
Threads: 207
I would open carry at times.
[Image: ShirtConcept2.jpg]
[Image: ShirtConcept2.jpg]
Find
12-19-2016, 11:23 PM,
Threads: 35
I open carry when the situation calls for it. This would include when hunting or walking my property. It's much easier to pull from an open carry setup if confronted by coyotes or a bobcat. I'm not going to switch to a concealed rig when I walk in the front door and my wife asks me to run to the store. It's legal here in WV and neighboring VA without a permit so to Hell with anyone that doesn't like it. On one occasion, I went to the local Dollar General to grab a gallon of milk and had my .357 on my hip. Some snowflake from Maryland said that she should call the cops. I pulled out my phone and showed her the sheriff's personal cell number on it and asked her if she'd like me to call him for her. Everyone in the store, except her, burst out laughing. Her face was the color of Rudolph's nose.
Find
12-20-2016, 07:55 AM,
Threads: 966
That's funny.
Find