Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Varget Powder...
04-05-2016, 08:25 PM,
Varget Powder...
Threads: 124
Wow... Today I went into the new Big "R" in McHenry and checked out their ammo section, and on there reloading supply shelf they Varget powder at $23.98 a lb. Lots of it. And other powder as well... Considering I have not seen this in quite awhile I was stunned, and bought 4 lbs.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
04-05-2016, 08:38 PM,
RE: Varget Powder...
Threads: 10
I definitely need to go in there...
Website Find
06-05-2016, 07:00 AM,
Alas, word has gotten around... They had 6 - 8 lb. & 11 - 1 lb. last time I was there, now they just 1 - 1 lb. left, which I bought. Maybe I should have not posted this...
Find
07-30-2016, 07:50 AM,
I am running a Dillon 550B reloading press. This is a manual progressive press. I am still relatively new to reloading (less than 6,000 rds) and I have a question. Being a newbie, I still am checking the exact weight of my powder charges, every 10-12 rounds. I have noticed that their can be .2 of a grain difference from my base. I am using Varget powder, but this seems to be a pretty wide variance. Is this normal? (reloading .308, 168 gr., trying for exactly 42.5 gr. of Varget). I've had zero issues with these rounds at the range.
Find