Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opposing views
02-07-2016, 12:36 PM,
Opposing views
Threads: 142
And, our country is the most diverse and free in the world, stands to reason. With the imminent rise of ISIS in our near future, I'm glad we have the 2A.

http://www.iflscience.com/editors-blog/a...-countries
Find
02-07-2016, 02:23 PM,
RE: Opposing views
Threads: 79
It's an asinine study.

Of course we more likely because we have more guns. We are also more likely to be killed during an auto accident because we have more cars.

You are more likely to die from a tornado in Kansas than Oregon, an earthquake in California than Illinois, and a gang member in Chicago than Dixon.

Utterly, completely, and in all ways asinine.

When someone kills you do you or your loved ones really care how? So they used a method at their disposal, so freaking what?

You take their gun, they kill you with a knife, you take their knife, they kill you with a car, you take their car, etc.

Like I said. Asinine.
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]

Of course we more likely because we have more guns. We are also more likely to be killed during an auto accident because we have more cars.

You are more likely to die from a tornado in Kansas than Oregon, an earthquake in California than Illinois, and a gang member in Chicago than Dixon.

When someone kills you do you or your loved ones really care how? So they used a method at their disposal, so freaking what?

You take their gun, they kill you with a knife, you take their knife, they kill you with a car, you take their car, etc.

Like I said. Asinine.
[Image: CatGun5_zpsxcamfme3.jpg]
Find
02-07-2016, 03:45 PM,
Threads: 124
(02-07-2016, 02:23 PM)Dutz Wrote: It's an asinine study.

Like I said. Asinine.

Once again CORRECT. Liberals are just idiots that believe in total government control. Like the Nazi', they don't believe in Liberty or Freedom. The believe in things like state run education, state run healthcare, state monopolies of all kinds. They want to turn us into Venezuela. Perhaps this generation and America are lost.
If the democrat party is not made extinct, I fear Liberty and Freedom will be.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
(02-07-2016, 02:23 PM)Dutz Wrote: It's an asinine study.

Like I said. Asinine.
Once again CORRECT. Liberals are just idiots that believe in total government control. Like the Nazi', they don't believe in Liberty or Freedom. The believe in things like state run education, state run healthcare, state monopolies of all kinds. They want to turn us into Venezuela. Perhaps this generation and America are lost.
If the democrat party is not made extinct, I fear Liberty and Freedom will be.
"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Col. Jeff Cooper
Find
02-07-2016, 08:12 PM,
Threads: 966
Again proving that guns do not kill people, people kill people... including themselves. If there wasn't a gun, it would be some other "weapon" that they would use to kill themselves.
Find
02-08-2016, 07:21 AM,
Threads: 14
What would be worth looking at is the number of gun related deaths compared to the number of legally owned guns. I suspect US would be low down on that list, and places like UK and Australia (which don't allow possession of handguns) would be at the top. Oh I forgot no one in UK or Australia is ever shot with a gun, 'cos they are illegal.
Find
02-08-2016, 10:15 AM,
Threads: 376
Gun, fork, table knife, chainsaw, blunt object, choking, poison, overdose, vehicular, fire, water, or any other means. If someone is bound and determined to kill you, they will find the means to your end. Nothing else matters to them. If certain people see something you have and they want it, again, they will find a way to take it. If there is a tool available to assist them, they will have it or get it.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/4581871.stm
Find
02-08-2016, 03:45 PM,
Threads: 35
A couple years ago I wrote a report on gun control and researched an article that compared murder and suicide rates of countries in Europe with the United States. The top 10 countries on the list (highest of both rates) were all former Soviet states with Russia being number 1 over all. The U.S. was somewhere in the middle of the pack. This was with gun ownership that is a fraction of that of the United States. In Russia you're only allowed to own a handgun if it fires rubber bullets and still have to go through an insane licensing process.
Find
02-08-2016, 07:10 PM,
(02-08-2016, 03:45 PM)rwhite135 Wrote: A couple years ago I wrote a report on gun control and researched an article that compared murder and suicide rates of countries in Europe with the United States. The top 10 countries on the list (highest of both rates) were all former Soviet states with Russia being number 1 over all. The U.S. was somewhere in the middle of the pack. This was with gun ownership that is a fraction of that of the United States. In Russia you're only allowed to own a handgun if it fires rubber bullets and still have to go through an insane licensing process.

I'd like to read that report if you still have it.
(02-08-2016, 03:45 PM)rwhite135 Wrote: A couple years ago I wrote a report on gun control and researched an article that compared murder and suicide rates of countries in Europe with the United States. The top 10 countries on the list (highest of both rates) were all former Soviet states with Russia being number 1 over all. The U.S. was somewhere in the middle of the pack. This was with gun ownership that is a fraction of that of the United States. In Russia you're only allowed to own a handgun if it fires rubber bullets and still have to go through an insane licensing process.
I'd like to read that report if you still have it.
Find
02-09-2016, 12:34 AM,
The one I wrote or the source material?
Find
02-09-2016, 01:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-09-2016, 01:14 AM by rwhite135.)
I don't have the original source material and for me to link it you'd have to have an account with the schools library. Instead, I am adding the latest edit I did of the report I wrote that contains full citations in APA formatting.

If it doesn't open let me know and I'll repost it from my main computer. My 2-in-1 that I'm currently using doesn't want to let me open the file in Word.

Attached Files
.docx   GUN_CONTROL_research_paper_final_draft_Richard_White - Copy.docx (Size: 42.62 KB / Downloads: 12)

If it doesn't open let me know and I'll repost it from my main computer. My 2-in-1 that I'm currently using doesn't want to let me open the file in Word.

Attached Files
.docx   GUN_CONTROL_research_paper_final_draft_Richard_White - Copy.docx (Size: 42.62 KB / Downloads: 12)
Find
02-09-2016, 02:22 PM,
(02-09-2016, 01:14 AM)rwhite135 Wrote: I don't have the original source material and for me to link it you'd have to have an account with the schools library. Instead, I am adding the latest edit I did of the report I wrote that contains full citations in APA formatting.

Works; thanks. I look forward to the read.
(02-09-2016, 01:14 AM)rwhite135 Wrote: I don't have the original source material and for me to link it you'd have to have an account with the schools library. Instead, I am adding the latest edit I did of the report I wrote that contains full citations in APA formatting.

Find
02-09-2016, 03:00 PM,
(02-09-2016, 02:22 PM)ssphoto Wrote:

Just read it. Well done! It has most of the elements we talk about all in one place. You might consider posting this in some form via social media. Problem is most people on Facebook as as example, don't have the attention span of a mouse to read something longer than a couple sentences. Oh well. Thanks again for posting here!
(02-09-2016, 02:22 PM)ssphoto Wrote:

Just read it. Well done! It has most of the elements we talk about all in one place. You might consider posting this in some form via social media. Problem is most people on Facebook as as example, don't have the attention span of a mouse to read something longer than a couple sentences. Oh well. Thanks again for posting here!
Find
02-09-2016, 06:47 PM,
I'm glad you enjoyed it. My writing professor gave me a perfect score on the paper. She especially liked how I incorporated historical data into it.
Find
02-13-2016, 11:25 PM,
If anyone else has read my report, I welcome any and all feedback or criticisms.
Find
02-14-2016, 11:04 AM,
Threads: 124
(02-13-2016, 11:25 PM)rwhite135 Wrote: If anyone else has read my report, I welcome any and all feedback or criticisms.

A well written and organized paper on the subject! I might take to handing this out to any anti-gun person I encounter!
(02-13-2016, 11:25 PM)rwhite135 Wrote: If anyone else has read my report, I welcome any and all feedback or criticisms.
A well written and organized paper on the subject! I might take to handing this out to any anti-gun person I encounter!
Find
02-14-2016, 11:04 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-14-2016, 11:14 PM by rwhite135.)
Thank you for the kind words, sir, but please don't distribute this to others. I had to get permission from the professor, whose class this was an assignment for, in order to share it here. If you look at the times between when I asked which document was wanted to when I posted the report, this was the in part the reason for the delay. I was surprised that she responded to my email as quickly as she did since I emailed her after midnight our time. You can print a copy for personal use but nothing else I'm afraid.
Find
03-02-2016, 11:28 AM,
Thanks and will do!
Find